Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gail

Mind Health

Ellen

Puzzles for me and swimming and cycling.

Healthy bodies, healthy minds.

They say if you read the bible your memory will improve appreciably.

Good advice

Jeannieb43

Work the crossword puzzle, usually in the L.A.Times.

The puzzles are easiest on Mondays, and they get more difficult on each successive day thereafter. I rarely make it past Wednesday or Thursday.

Nan

I swim several times a week, walk some days, and visit CA for mental stimulation!!

And Jeannie, my mother used to do the crosswords, including the cryptic, and she said it kept her mind

going, certainly she was fully in control of it right up to her passing. So I would agree with you...but I do not do them very often.

Sammy maintains that the Chinese - and others whose language is pictorial - are less likely to get dementia

because of the mental effort needed to read and write - much more involved than in a language with a relatively simple alphabet.

Tallmark

Intense workouts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aoNZHGQIJM

A walk after dinner, a vegan diet, Bible reading, prayer, acting, music (guitar, singing, and piano). Reading and writing is like lifting weights for the brain. Oh, and drink a gallon of water per day! When a person dehydrates, the first thing that goes is the brain.

FYI, if you've had 5 or more shots of any kind within any decade, the odds of getting dementia increase 400%!

Reinhard Lee

I am reading bible and singing poems, which are more benefits for me; When I am weak in my mind, GOD will strengthen me through His words in bible.

Gail

Singing poems- great idea!

I've been enjoying doing my SS lessons in French lately. I've recently hired on a tutor so he helps me stretch my knowledge plus encourage me through the tricky parts.