Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gail

Richard O'Ffill

Gail

I've never read any of his books yet.

I've heard that O'Ffill is on the conservative side. Is anyone familiar with his writing and views?

Woody

He used to pastor the church I am at now ... so I had best keep quiet. And this may be the first time I've done that.

Gail

He used to pastor the church I am at now ... so I had best keep quiet. And this may be the first time I've done that.

Can you send me a PM?

Taylor

I have met him a couple of times and I can say that as a person he seems to be a very kind gentle soul.

Kevin H

I've heard a couple of his series on American Cassett Ministries and he spoke at Campmeeting this past summer. He has some fantastic insights, and from what I heard he does seem to be your typical hardcore "Historic Adventist" however my persecption of him seems is that his solution to problems tends to be "Since this is wrong then the absolute and complete opposit must be right."

Woody

Yes Yes ... I was wrong. Let it be known. Let it be shouted from the mountain tops. REDWOOD Was WRONG. Say that ten times as fast as you can. (Has a certain ring to it huh)

Gail

I'm tempted to ask whether it was the website or the supporters that changed your mind, but if you'd answer that privately I'd be appreciative :)

guibox

I have spent time posting on www.revivalsermons.org. Most of the people who post there are quacks and hardcore EGW idolators.

However, Pastor O'ffill, though conservative and historic, is not one. He is fairly level headed and comes across to me in my correspondence with him, as a gentle person who can look at things rationally unlike most of the nutcases who post on his forum.

Woody

Thanks Guibox. I suspect you are right in your assessment of him and them. But why does he allow that to go on with his site?

Taylor

Thanks Guibox. I suspect you are right in your assessment of him and them. But why does he allow that to go on with his site?

Probably because he believes in free speech just like we have some SDA conservatives here, more liberal SDA, those who don't believe in EGW or the organized church, people who are angry at the SDA church, those who work for the SDA church, agnostics etc etc. The views expressed don't reflect on either you nor I. :)

Woody

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Probably because he believes in free speech just like we have some SDA conservatives here, more liberal SDA, those who don't believe in EGW or the organized church, people who are angry at the SDA church, those who work for the SDA church, agnostics etc etc. The views expressed don't reflect on either you nor I. :)

thumbsup

guibox

Pastor O has gotten flack from some on the forum because he doesn't promote strict veganism and reads other Christian authors (on his own forum for Pete's sake!). However, I do believe that even Pastor O has his limits. One or two people that would not give up attacking the Trinity doctrine were finally banned from the forum even though the rest of their beliefs were historic Adventism.

Just to show how level headed he is, I am friends with one former-SDA who is allowed by Pastor O to post there. He respects Pastor O and has chosen to not to be argumentative but to uphold and preach the gospel. He is much more respectful than many of the quackventists there and has Pastor O's respect.

Marie

I too have spent time on his forum. I too found him to be a gentle patient soul. If I remember correctly, there are some there that hold truth up quite well and keep the balance fairly well. I get places mixed up at times. But this is how I recall it. I don't get there, or anywhere, as much as I wish I could. I really like it here however and hope to be able to come more. :)

Happy Sabbath Everyone!

Gail

Just to show how level headed he is, I am friends with one former-SDA who is allowed by Pastor O to post there. He respects Pastor O and has chosen to not to be argumentative but to uphold and preach the gospel. He is much more respectful than many of the quackventists there and has Pastor O's respect.

I really enjoy conversing with conservatives if I don't have to deal with criticism. It gives me the space and freedom to ponder the words in my own head and come to my own conclusions. I respect that very much.