Kingdom of Adventistan

Rush Rush Rush

Are these the signs of the times?

The largest law in the history of America. 1000 page law, 1 Trillion dollars. No one has read the bill prepared by Nancy Pelosi. They will pass a law that they don't know whats in there. They are making laws without reading them.

Why the rush?

Why is one of our leaders off to visit the pope right after authoring this law?

Are people asleep? Are there no warning bells going off in their head?

Which "Law" are you refering to? Is it, perhaps the "stimulus package"? Are you questioning the necessity of this stimulus package? Perhaps you would like to go back to depression era lifestyle for everyone?

There is no discussion. The have in essence bypass the Democratic process. Its the process of law making that has radically changed. Regardless what the content is, or how bad its needed, we see here a complete breakdown of a system designed as a democracy.

There is no discussion. The have in essence bypass the Democratic process. Its the process of law making that has radically changed. Regardless what the content is, or how bad its needed, we see here a complete breakdown of a system designed as a democracy.

The largest law in the history of America. 1000 page law, 1 Trillion dollars. No one has read the bill prepared by Nancy Pelosi. They will pass a law that they don't know whats in there. They are making laws without reading them.

Why the rush?

Why is one of our leaders off to visit the pope right after authoring this law?

Are people asleep? Are there no warning bells going off in their head?

There can be no doubt that we do need a bill passed to help stimulate the economy, but at the same time, I agree with you that we need to be careful to know and understand what it contains. Nothing would have been hurt by taking a little more time to make sure all of that law is necessary and wanted by the American people. I understand it included a great deal of "pork," or unnecessary, wasteful spending.

Could you talk a little about the leader who went off to visit the pope right after authoring the law? What leader? I have not heard or read about it.

Why the rush?

So, are you suggesting that, if this is true, that we delay this bill for some 48 hours, send the legislators/senators home to read this bill...?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....these senators need a remedial reading [bill] course...A kind of "No Senator left behind" education?

Neil, do you see how this issue may relate to religious liberty and prophecies about the end-times?

Is it possible, for instance, that bad laws could be passed during emergencies without the public's awareness because of the rush?

Its the sign of the times when a religious system circumvents a government system.

The entire government process was eliminated.

If representatives vote without reading, without discussion, without change, without compromise there is no democracy anymore.

We are living in a system where the Catholic leader has just made the law of the land. That's a profound religious statement.

Neil, do you see how this issue may relate to religious liberty and prophecies about the end-times?

Is it possible, for instance, that bad laws could be passed during emergencies without the public's awareness because of the rush?

I am counting on it.....

Of course, the looming emergency will take presidence in headline news and there will be other pressing needs...Religous liberty is jargon for "complicated religious matters" in the public's view and hardly needs to be looked at...after all, it's about religion..not what is truely pressing...that of money matters...

I just don't know what Joe is talking about and what he is refering to....I fear that if I question him, he may feel under the scrutney of the Dewey Microscope and fear that I am out to get him....

....and then, of course, I might be..... LOL

Its the sign of the times when a religious system circumvents a government system.

The entire government process was eliminated.

If representatives vote without reading, without discussion, without change, without compromise there is no democracy anymore.

We are living in a system where the Catholic leader has just made the law of the land. That's a profound religious statement.

Please, good sir, explain what you mean when you say that 'a religious system circumventst a goverment system".

As for the exclaimation, "The entire government process was eliminated."..I just don't understand how that can be, as my understanding is that they are discussing it currently.

What "Catholic leader" are you refering to? I know of no catholic leader introducing legislation that is being passed or 'made the law of the land'....please clarify....

Quote:

We are living in a system where the Catholic leader has just made the law of the land. That's a profound religious statement

Please, let us not panic! God is still in control!

We know that the last movements will be rapid ones, and we also know that Christ will not come until everyone on this earth has had the opportunity to decide for or against Christ.

We know that the papacy and USA will be involved together before the end, but I have heard of nothing that would indicate that the pope has been involved at this stage.

A visit to the pope will most probably happen -- even our queen made a ceremonial visit to the pope, but that doesn't mean that she was ready to hand her crown over to him!

Let us not panic, but remember, God is in control. It is our task to be ready ourselves, and to help spread the message of God's love to the world. That should take all of our energy!

Beryl

I am not panicking. I am preparing to meet Jesus. I am studding more about what the 1844 people did. I am trying to show people that we don't have twenty or thirty years on this planet. Its time to give up worldly things. Cruises, luxury items. New cars. Invest in God's work. I would say only 1 in 20 church members understand were we are. At least in my part of the country. Here is a 30 second video that expresses my concerns exactly.