Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
abelisle

Injuries to key World Cup soccer players

abelisle

Seems like a few top stars have gotten injured to the point of having to drop out of the competition or play injured. Some say it's because they play too many games in hard schedules and post competition games e.g. UEFA Cup, Champion's League et al.

What's your take on this? Just bad luck, poor preparation, possible drug use, or their fate has been sealed -:)

Alex

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

olger

Ryan Villopoto is injured as we speak - costing him a National championship for the second year in a row.

abelisle

Are you talking about that motocross guy? If so, he doesn't qualify as a soccer player, does he? bwink

Maybe I should edit the thread title to only refer to WC soccer players?

Alex

olger

Ooo...ps.

Yeah Ryan is a Motocross guy - we tend to stick together. Sorry.

Soccer is the one sport that requires greater fitness than professional motocross. I admire that.

g

abelisle

So, do you motocross or have you played soccer? I've raced mountain bikes and played soccer in college. They both really work those leg muscles and one really needs to have good endurance.

Alex