Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Elderly Joke:

Stan

Grandpa: boy, how many miles do you walk to school?

Boy: about a half mile.

Grandpa: when I was your age I walked eight miles to school every day. Boy, what are your grades like?

Boy: they are mostly B's.

Grandpa: when I was your age I got all A's. Boy, have you ever gotten into a fight?

Boy: only two times and the boy beat me up.

Grandpa: When I was your age I was in a fight every day. Boy, how old are you?

Boy: 9 years old.

Grandpa: when I was your age I was 11

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Jeannieb43

And didn't the old man also say, "When I was your age I had to walk five miles to school every day, and five miles home from school every day, and it was uphill all the way."

[Our memories play tricks on us at times, it seems.]

whatisthis

I had to laugh.

My son took me back to visit the place where I walked to school as a kid. I'd told him it really was uphill only one way and I only walked two miles. He checked with his car on my route, and said, "Mom, It was 2 1/2 miles one way, and it really was uphill both ways, because both ways there was a hill you had to go up on part of the way. You really could have bragged the "uphill both ways" part! Made me feel kind of good. :0 That has been a happy memory, and it was a walk to a happy place, a little church school. What a lucky person I was!