Kingdom of Adventistan
phkrause

Aspirin Protects Against Spreading Cancer

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

aka

We all need at some time in our lives pain killers. I prefer aspirin because it works well for my level of pain when it comes to me. But buying aspirin at the pharmacy is always a tap-dance of them wanting to talk me out of a box of aspirin because it might interfere with some medication I take and me telling them that I am not a regular user. I just want it in my medicine drawer when the need arises. 

We both know about the stomach hemorrhaging problem that could be caused by aspirin. or even contribute to a hemorrhagic (bleeding) stroke. "there have been concerns that aspirin could interfere with ACE inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) -- two drug classes that are key in managing heart failure. Those drugs boost compounds called prostaglandins in the blood, whereas aspirin reduces them".

JoeMo

I was beginning to experience TIA's a couple years ago.  My doctor told me to start taking low-dose aspirin every day and stay hydrated.  I haven't had any problems since.

Gregory Matthews

Informally a TIA is commonly called a mini-stroke.

However, the formal name is:  Transient Ischemic Attack.

JoeMo
6 hours ago, aka said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what are TIA's?

TIA stands for "Transient Eschemic Attack". They are like "mini strokes".  Mine manifested by getting sick to my stomach and fainting; then taking a few hours to recover.  Individually, they are no big deal (as far as permanent impairment).  But if they become frequent, the cumulative effect can add up to serious impairment; and can lead up to a major stroke.

phkrause

Aspirin: Wonder Drug for Cancer Prevention?

Aspirin has been a staple in American medicine cabinets for almost 120 years to fight pain. But the effective component of aspirin, salicylic acid, has been used since the ancient Egyptians who used bark from the willow tree — which contained salicylic acid — to ease aches and reduce fever. The Greek physician Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, wrote of using willow bark to relieve pain.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Health-News/aspirin-wonder-drug-cancer/2017/08/01/id/805125/?ns

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.