Kingdom of Adventistan
HopefulOne

HopefulOne

When i first joined clubadventist i was careful not to ruffle any ones feathers.I was polite ,as we all should be, and because of that, 2 characters who seem to dominate your shout box assumed i was a women.

Just because i was polite i must be a woman,so i played along.

But now i am coming out of the closet.

I am a 54 year old man who was baptized by Mark Finly in 1983.

I use to be an avid walleye fisherman and traveled to ontario canada every year for a 2 week vacation on Eagle lake in the resort outpost called vermillion bay.Those days are over but now i try to share as much "SOP" and Bible Prophecy as possible.

I work at a regular job called wire EDM in a tool shop and manage 3 machines doing all the programming and setup work.I use to design screw machine tools also before there was autocad.I have done this for 36 years and counting.

Coming to club adventist has opened my eyes to the fact that i need to work on my people skills.Also i was not ready for the diversity,I was thinking every one was an adventist.

I was taught very well by people like Mark Finly and my knowlegde was reinforced by Doug Batchelor and J.Renolds Hoffman.And as some of you know,I love the "SOP".Ellen White has something to say about everything it seems.

I support Amazing Facts Ministry with my tithe and ADRA with my offerings.

Hope this short intro..was not to boring

Dennis

Next is the recommended questions:

1.WHAT IS YOUR LOCAL TIME: ..Between 6:00 and 11:59 pm

2. NAME AS IT APPEARS ON BIRTH CERTIFICATE ..Dennis

3. PIERCINGS? ..Do blood test count?

4. EYE COLOR: Brown

5. PLACE OF BIRTH: Illinois

6. FAVORITE FOOD: Lentils with quinoa with olive oil and sea salt

7. FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME: On golden pond & My darling Clementine.

8. FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC: scripture songs

9. EVER BEEN TOILET PAPERING: ..no..

10 LOVED SOMEONE SO MUCH IT MADE U CRY: no not yet

11 CROUTONS OR BACON BITS: neither

12 FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK: Friday and Saturday

13 FAVORITE RESTAURANT: never eat out

14 FAVORITE FLOWER: marigolds

15 FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH: none

16 FAVORITE DRINK: water

17 FAVORITE FLAVOR ICE CREAM: do not eat ice cream

18 DISNEY OR WARNER BRO: neither

19 FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT: Fast food no way!

20 COLOR OF YOUR BEDROOM CARPET: beige

21 HOW MANY TIMES DID U FAIL YOUR FIRST DRIVERS TEST: 0

22 BEFORE THIS ONE, WHO DID YOU GET YOUR LAST EMAIL FROM: EZ buycafe

23 WHAT STORE WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO MAX OUT YOUR CREDIT CARDS:Grocery store

24 WHAT DO YOU DO MOST OFTEN WHEN YOU ARE BORED: Google or read

25 WHAT TIME IS BEDTIME: no set time

26 FAVORITE TV SHOW EVER: long ago “Dallas” not much TV these days

27 LAST PERSON YOU WENT TO DINNER WITH: Had dinner with my aunt

28 FORD OR CHEVY: 2010 Ford fusion,6 speed manual trans.

29 WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW: Tinnitus in left ear

30 FAVORITE COLOR: turquoise blue

31 PREFER TO VISIT MOUNTAINS, DESERT, OCEAN: Desert. Afraid of deep water and afraid of falling off a cliff.

32 HOW MANY (if any) TATOOS DO U HAVE: none

33 HAVE YOU EVER RUN OUT OF GAS: no

34 YOUR PERFECT GET TOGETHER PLACE: Home

35 PREFER RED HEADS OR BLONDES: no preference

36 FAVORITE ACTOR/FAVORITE ACTRESS: Henry Fonda,Katherine Hepburn

37 PREFER DOGS OR CATS: Cats

38 FAVORITE BREED OF DOG: The friendly ones

39 BEST JOB YOU EVER HAD: work for 36 years ,have not experienced that yet

40 WORST JOB YOU EVER HAD: Kentucky fried chicken.; why I am vegan!

41 SUPERLINKS OR BIG FRANKS: Neither

42 VOP OR QUIET HOUR: Amazing Facts Ministry

43 RED OR YELLOW, BLACK OR WHITE OR: black or white?is this a trick question?

44 BOARDING SCHOOL OR NOT: Not

45 COKE OR PEPSI:..Coffee

44 CLASSICAL OR CONTEMPORARY: not sure

45 WINDOWS OR MAC: Windows xp pro

46 LONG, SHORT OR NO HAIR: short

47 MSN, YAHOO OR AOL: comcast

48 DESIRE OF AGES, OR GREAT CONTROVERSY: Great Controversy

49 KJV or NIV: KJV

50 3ABN HOPETV OR LLBN: do not get these.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

cricket

Thanks for sharing, HopefulOne!

Quinoa and lentils sound delicious! Do you have a recipe you'd share with us?

Have you learned to use autocad, or do you no longer design screw machine tools?

Do you have a cat?

And...how deep were the waters you were in when you fished walleye?

JoeMo

Nice bio, HO! I apologize for being one of those who assumed you may be female - for the exact reason you stated - you were more sensitive and "kind" than many traditional Adventists that don't share the views of some of the more liberal SDA'a or non SDA's on this board.

HopefulOne

To Cricket:

Basically criket you simply cook the lentils and the grain in different pots adding onions and or garlic to the grain as it simmers. Very simple.

Also some steamed carrots with a little flax oil and sea salt completes the meal.

I do know how to use basic autocad light and also have cadcam experience. The tool design job was at best boring and learning the fanuc cnc code and wire edm ,machining the very tools i use to design, really made the job more interesting.The tool design part of my career made me a pretty good math problem solver because i had to do this before there was any real autocad computer.At best we had hand held calculators with very primitive math functions compared to todays texas instruments hand calculators.

The waters i fished were deep enough thank you very much.As long as i was in the boat i felt safe.But i was very aware of the danger of deep water and practiced safe boating. The life preserver and floating boat cushions are mandatory most anywhere you fish.The thing that bothers me the most about the ocean is the sharks,stingrays,jelly fish ,killer whales ect...also of course the depths.

I would love to see the ocean and maybe stick my big toe in the water but that is it!!!

Lastly i have no cat right now.

To JoeMo:

I prefer to be called Hopefulone or Hope for short "not Ho"

Or you can call me "D" if you want to save on keyboard strokes.

My first name is Dennis.

I noticed Joe that a person can disagree with you and you do not get defensive about it.That is a trait i need to nurture.

Also i notice that i can quote ellen white and you take it in stride,not over reacting,or calling it hateful like some on this forum do.

In many ways you are more SDA than some on this forum.

Thanks Joe and Criket for responding

cricket

Hi again, HopefulOne! Thanks for the "recipe". Sounds delicious to me--I've always made canned lentils though because I can't figure out how to cook lentils properly. Maybe one day it'll finally click. I asked about the autocad because my son is learning to use Inventor (CAD) with his robotics team. So far, he seems to be most adept at it, but he's not an expert by any means. It would be cool to see some of your "pre-cad" drawings!

I hope you get to see the ocean someday and dip that toe of yours!

HopefulOne

thanks cricket...lol..

Cooking lentils is easy.you need a pot big enough to cook what ever portion you want and bring to boil,and then simmer on medium low for a maximum of 40 minutes,maybe 35 minutes.Do not cover completely with lid while simmering only partial cover.

My pre-cad drawings are long archived away.Auto cad is a great drafting tool but you still need to know how to design the tools also the math is very intense using trig and geometry.My mentors were very generous with their teaching and methods.

I think inventor cad is way out of my league and sounds more advanced.

Juanita

Good to meet you! Sounds like you have a lot of good knowledge of foods and nutrition! I've been thinking that vegan is just around the corner for me, but I love my eggs and milk products! :-) Right now, I kind of have a prescribed diet. But, I really hope to get off of this diet in May sometime!

A greatly blessed,highly favored, imperfect but forgiven child of God.

Juanita

So, HopefulOne, what do you eat for protein? Anything besides soy?

Just curious. Soy seems to give me hot flashes. :-) And, I'm not really up on protein sources that well. I tend to rely on eggs, milk, and cheese quite a bit. And, I was eating soy, but since I quit eating soy, the hot flashes stopped and now, if I eat any appreciable amount of soy then I get hot flashes again...so, I guess they are connected.

A greatly blessed,highly favored, abundantly loved, imperfect but forgiven child of God.

cricket

I'm not HopefulOne, but...

Juanita, have you tried quinoa and other whole grains (brown rice and barley)? They are packed with protein too. Quinoa is a "complete protein", and it's delicious! Legumes, nuts, peas, broccoli and avocado are other good sources of protein.

HopefulOne

So, HopefulOne, what do you eat for protein? Anything besides soy?

Hello Juanita;

I cannot eat soy or peas or any of its derivatives because i am highly allergic.

It is very simple to make a complete protein.

I will combine lentils or pinto beans with quinoa or brown rice.

Also i will add some nut butters like almond or sunflower in the daily routine to add more diversity.

I also buy a product called amazing meal from:

http://amazinggrass.com/product/64/Amazing-Meal-Vanilla-Chai-Infusion-30-servings.html

It is all organic and dairy and soy free.Also certified vegan and kosher.It has a mix of wheatgrass and barley and also fruits and veggies.Also combined with hempseed and rice protein.

My favorite veggy is steamed broccoli or carrots.

BobRyan

#1 Sun-Dried Tomatoes 258 calories Protein: 14% Carb: 56% Fat: 2% Other (water): 28%

#2 Soybean Sprouts 125 calories Protein: 13% Carb: 9% Fat: 7% Other (water): 71%

#3 Winged Beans 148 calories Protein: 12% Carb: 28% Fat: 1% Other (water): 59%

#4 Lentil Sprouts 106 calories Protein: 9% Carb: 22% Fat: 0% Other (water): 69%

#5 Baby Lima Beans 132 calories Protein: 8% Carb: 25% Fat: 0% Other (water): 67%

Read more at http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/vegetables-high-in-protein.php#Xl3E2gyJ8ZitWXqf.99

Juanita

Wow, thank-you so much! I didn't realize there was so much out there! And, I underestimated the interest and number of responses I would get to my question. You people are good! :-)

Thanks!

A greatly blessed,highly favored, abundantly loved, imperfect but forgiven child of God.

LifeHiscost
On 3/12/2013 at 8:22 AM, Juanita said:

Isn't that a very popular line from the Bill Gaither vocal band? I'm fully in agreement with it.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  Keep looking up!   :D