Kingdom of Adventistan

A list of SDA offshoots

The term offshoot is not meant as a derogatory term. So please do not take offence as none is intended.

Some offshoots may support the main SDA Church and some may not.

This list is meant for information, not endorsement or condemnation.

Each believer in Christ has to decide for themself.

Not sure that I really want to promote the various'shoots by listing their domain name here. It also gets argumentative as most of them claim to be the real thing, and that GC is the real offshoot..

There doesn't seem to be that much interest in them on the whole...

From time to time someone will start a topic on one or the other and people will share their experiences with them.

And we have had our share of people who belong to them join here.

Quote:
most of them claim to be the real thing, and that GC is the real offshoot

Come to think of it, what's the difference between a branch and an "offshoot" except the definition by the Vine?

"“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."John 15:5 NLT

" When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there."Galatians 5:19-24 NLT

Maybe this is more than might be indicated by God as the difference between the "ofshoots" or the "straight and narrow", but does it help to identify possibilities? Maybe not?

God cares! peace

Quote:
Come to think of it, what's the difference between a branch and an "offshoot" except the definition by the Vine?

As a person who loves gardening, I can say this...if you have a grape vine or a fruit tree and it grows a new "shoot", there is a BIG difference whether that new shoot comes from the Vine/Tree (above the graft) or from the old root-stock (below the graft).

AJ

• 5 years later...
On 5/13/2013 at 7:30 AM, debbym said:

Quote:
Is club adventist an offshoot?

it is a forum, a place where people of all kinds of views, converse.

Never found the offshoot list!!