Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

3ABN is on ROKU! and it is free.

Narcah

I just tried watching it and roku reports 3abn is no longer available. That was short lived :(

phkrause

Stan, I did notice though that when I searched there TV log, it said Amazing Facts! So I'm wondering if that's it or do they really carry the others?

And Naomi, from the instructions on there website, it looks very easy.

Stan

Naomi (and others)

It hooks p via the internet.. pretty easy process...

here is the best one.. there are cheaper ones that do not do as much,

calvin

ROKU is the way to go. Easy to setup...and no more messing round trying to align my satellite that only worked well in the Winter when no leaves on the trees. Bye bye Glorystar satellite

Naomi

My ROKU 3 has been doing a fine job with 3ABN until today and it has an error message on all sites.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Gregory Matthews

ROKU-3 can generally be purchased for $85, which is a slight discount off of it standard price of about $100.  However, people who buy at that price may need to purchase an additional HDMI cable for the best viewing.

Some COSTCO stores are currently (April 2015) selling a ROKU-3, with the HDMI Cable included, for $85.

Check this out if you are interested.

NOTE:  You can save a few dollars if you purchase one of the other ROKU units.  The ROKU-2 has been said by some people to deliver a picture as good as the ROKU-3.  However, the ROKU-3 delivers the best, in my opinion, set of options as well as picture quality.

In connection with this topic, please read the thread entitled ROKU and the Adventist networks:

In that thread RKOKU is suggested to be of poor quality.  Please read my response to this.  In my opinion, the quality of ROKU that you receive depends on conditions in your home that you control.

phkrause

When I first got my Roku 3, I'd say about 2 years ago, we lived in Massachusetts and had Charter Cable. It came in pretty good, except if we had a thunderstorm in the area. Same here, here we have Brighthouse Cable. I remember back when we first had cable in Massachusetts, we had Comcast Cable and they carried 3ABN and it came in great, no problems when there was a thunderstorm, etc. When we first moved to Florida, we had DirectTV and they carried Hope Channel. Whenever we had storms we lost everything. So we switched to ATnT Uverse, which didn't carry either 3ABN or HopeChannel, but everything came in great, storm or whatever. Anyway I've been pretty happy with the Roku 3. The last few days and maybe even the last few weeks there has been times when 3ABN, Proclaim, Kids Network and Dare to Dream have not come in!! Not sure why Don't recall if Hope Channel has had that problem, don't believe so.

Aliensanctuary

I think that I asked this before, but I would like to donate a Roku unit to a Long Term Care Facility for the music and old movies. Is a credit card needed to open the account? If so, does the credit card need to remain activated, or can it be cancelled after opening the Roku account?

phkrause
On 2/20/2016 at 10:56 AM, phkrause said:

Anyone else having problems getting on 3ABN? Have not been able to get on in the last few days!!

Has been working again! But no reason as to why it wasn't??

phkrause
11 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

I think that I asked this before, but I would like to donate a Roku unit to a Long Term Care Facility for the music and old movies. Is a credit card needed to open the account? If so, does the credit card need to remain activated, or can it be cancelled after opening the Roku account?

I don't believe so! After you buy the unit, there are no monthly payments to make. If you want netflix, Amazon, etc., you have to have an account with them! Netflix is monthly, amazon is yearly. But there are many free things, such as 3ABN, Hope Channel, etc.

Shane

Not only 3ABN but all of the 3ABN channels are on it.

I was told that the Roku turns an ordinary HDTV into a Smart TV.  So my question then is... is 3ABN available on a smart TV without a Roku?

whbae

I am ignorant about many things.  For this reason, I may miss some fun out of life.

What is ROKU?

Won

phkrause
On 4/28/2016 at 7:48 PM, Shane said:

I was told that the Roku turns an ordinary HDTV into a Smart TV.  So my question then is... is 3ABN available on a smart TV without a Roku?

Good question Shane.

phkrause
On 5/7/2016 at 8:52 AM, whbae said:

I am ignorant about many things.  For this reason, I may miss some fun out of life.

What is ROKU?

Won

Roku is a small box, can also be a stick, that streams lots of stuff. Like Netflix, AmazonPrime, 3ABN, Hope Channel, etc. Many are free, and others you have to pay for.

Aliensanctuary

I finally bought a ROKU, but not for myself. Will try to get it up and running, soon.

phkrause
On 5/11/2016 at 6:24 AM, Aliensanctuary said:

I finally bought a ROKU, but not for myself. Will try to get it up and running, soon.

Its really easy! Did you get the 1, 2, or 3? There is a 4 now available, but for the new HDTVs

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this