Kingdom of Adventistan

Great NEW EGW project

I got the book when I saw it at the local ABC. It has been a very interesting read (I've read the first 260 pages or so). In her early years as a prophet in her late teens and early twenties, Ellen White had to navigate among God's requests, her family's demands, Satan's direct attacks, and other events like spiritualism taking place in the Christian world. She also had to deal with senior church leaders who made drastic mistakes i.e. Joseph Bates and those who profited from his mistakes (poorer members who soaked up the money richer members made from selling off property in response to God's supposed demand that they do so). Quite a full plate we'd say. But with God's direction (sometimes very direct) she made it through.

Pulled our last copy off the shelf and put it on my pile to purchase and then got an order for one. I told the customer we needed to order it in but as I walked up to the girl who fills the orders I brought the book from my pile. I told her to give it to the customer and order me another one. So I am going to have to wait for a bit before I get to enjoy the book.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my copy! Right now I am reading Edersheim's history of the Messiah and breaking that up with a book about the War of the Roses. But this one will go to the top of the pile. I am taking James' review seriously that it's a good one

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke too soon... I had that copy in my office to be purchased. A customer wanted one, so I AGAIN forfeited the one chosen for myself and again another one was ordered.

I made sure more were ordered, I hope enough for me!