Kingdom of Adventistan
The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All

The Wanderer

I thought I would start this topic because I enjoy sharing the pictures I take, and thoughts related to them as they come to me. Wasn't sure where else to put this. Here is a short passage that describes some of what I have in mind as I go out seeking something beautiful that God has made. I hope you will find this uplifting. Each Sabbath I will post something new here.

Nature and revelation alike testify of God's love. Our Father in heaven is the source of life, of wisdom, and of joy. Look at the wonderful and beautiful things of nature. Think of their marvelous adaptation to the needs and happiness, not only of man, but of all living creatures. The sunshine and the rain, that gladden and refresh the earth, the hills and seas and plains, all speak to us of the Creator's love. It is God who supplies the daily needs of all His creatures. In the beautiful words of the psalmist:

"The eyes of all wait upon Thee;
And Thou givest them their meat in due season.
Thou openest Thine hand,
And satisfiest the desire of every living thing."
Psalm 145:15, 16.{SC 9.1}

FB_IMG_1434761289717.thumb.jpg.c906e4ad3

IMG_3727.JPG

The above photo was taken earlier today with a new lens that I bought - actually two new ones. I combined a Canon EF 50mm (f1.8) lens with a Polaroid 52mm-58mm Fish Eye Macro attachment! Not bad for cheap stuff from Amazon! :)

I used a Tamron hood adaptor to fit the two together! !

The Wanderer

Here is the same picture taken at slightly different camera settings. I am just a professional amateur right now and I have just discovered something on my camera called ISO settings. In the first pic above I set it at 400 and in this picture I set it at 100. It certainly makes a difference once you know what your camera will do. :)

.FB_IMG_1434761289717.thumb.jpg.c906e4ad3

IMG_3727 (2).JPG

Naomi

I agree that I prefer the second, probably the color combination.  Both are excellent and a lovely way to wish us all a Happy Sabbath.  Backatchu

Outta Here

Back at ya! Hope your Sabbath was as beautiful as ours!

20150718_144400.png

Naomi

Good pictures .... Happy Sabbath Wanderer and Aubrey

The Wanderer

IMG_3694.thumb.JPG.d3fdd8d0d7a366e0e4b6b

The Bible was not written for the scholar alone; on the contrary, it was designed for the common people. The great truths necessary for our salvation are made as clear as noonday, and none will mistake and lose their way except those who follow their own judgment instead of the plainly revealed will of God.  {LHU 130.6} 

Outta Here

Oooh, Hibiscus! Our's are a striking magenta. My grandma calls them "high biscuits". 

Happy Sabbath

The Wanderer

Oooh, Hibiscus! Our's are a striking magenta. My grandma calls them "high biscuits". 

Happy Sabbath

your Grandmother sounds pretty sweet. :)

Naomi

Happy Sabbath Wanderer, Aubrey and everyone ....... 

BTW I love the "high biscuits" :)

The Wanderer

Thank you for sharing that here. very nice. Good shot! God sure knows how to do color. :)

The Wanderer

IMG_4703.thumb.jpg.aad29b8c733edd351fd1c

Jesus, who died for us, loves us with a love that is infinite; and we must love one another. We must put away all selfishness, and work together in love and unity. We have loved and petted ourselves, and excused ourselves in waywardness; but we have been unmerciful toward our brethren, who may not be as faulty as ourselves. The Lord loves us, and bears with us, even when we are ungrateful to him, forgetful of his mercies, wickedly unbelieving; but consider, brethren, how relentless we are to one another, how pitiless; how we hurt and wound one another, when we should love as Christ has loved us. Let us make a complete change. Let us cultivate
the precious plant of love, and delight to help one another. We must be kind, forbearing, patient with one another's errors; we must keep our sharp criticisms for ourselves, but hope all things, believe all things, of our brethren.  {GW92 429.3}

Outta Here

Love the horses!! Especially the contrast in colors you have going there. Neat composition!

Happy Sabbath, Wanderer and Naomi (and anyone else reading)! Here's my contribution for today. The last of blooming flowers in my backyard. 

July2015.png

Outta Here

I knew they were a type of lily, but was unsure what kind. So...I looked it up! They're called "Surprise Lilies" and sometimes called "Naked Ladies". ;) They are late bloomers and seem to spring up overnight. We've had some unseasonably hot days this week. Last month was unseasonably rainy. It made the "perfect storm" for the early growth of these late bloomers!

The Wanderer

Well; I was out in the forest all day and did not have the internet with me; lest anyone think I forgot this thread. lol Hope you all had a blessed day. :)

Outta Here

That's sort of what I was up to as well! A long hike in the woods. I had a cell phone...

ttree.jpg

Hope you have a nice week ahead!

Edited by Aubrey

The Wanderer

wow. Thats pretty good for a cell phone pic! I'll have some pics to share in a day or two, just could not post in time for the topic of this thread. :)

The Wanderer

Great blessings are enfolded in the observance of the Sabbath, and God desires that the Sabbath day shall be to us a day of joy. There was joy at the institution of the Sabbath. God looked with satisfaction upon the work of His hands. All things that He had made He pronounced "very good." Genesis 1:31.

IMG_5480.thumb.JPG.617f7034c002802a877c6

I saw this beautiful creature yesterday in my travels, and I have to say that I agree with God's "pronouncement!" :)

The Wanderer

IMG_6198.thumb.jpg.5872f6115faa117d495a1

"The winter is past,
The rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing of birds is come,
 And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
 The fig tree ripeneth her green figs,
 And the vines are in blossom,
 They give forth their fragrance." Son_2:11-13, R.V.  {PP 537.3}

Naomi

That is so moving .... the verse is perfect.  Thank you. 

Happy Sabbath

Naomi

Love the horses!! Especially the contrast in colors you have going there. Neat composition!

Happy Sabbath, Wanderer and Naomi (and anyone else reading)! Here's my contribution for today. The last of blooming flowers in my backyard. 

July2015.png

Aubrey, I somehow failed to tell you how much I love this picture.  Only God can put together such an array of colors and make them just jump into your mind and heart.  You and Wonderer are so appreciated for yourselves and your contributions to this section.  Happy Sabbath.