Kingdom of Adventistan
The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All

The Wanderer
10 hours ago, debbym said:

this evening, i love these words... especially the text.

"Your life will be brighter than the sunshine at noon. Life's darkest hours will shine like the morning sun." (Job 11:17, ERV)

I am glad that i can contribute in a positive way like this. We often think of "the darkness" as missed opportunities, when in fact it is an opportunity in work clothes :)

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." (Psalms 1:3)

some of the really big trees are what is called “serotonous” which means “late opening” and instead of dropping their seeds as soon as they ripen, or are matured; such as how Maple or Aspen trees would do, these trees will hang on tightly to them, and only drop their seeds to the ground in response to certain environmental triggers. Some trees even keep their cones for 50 years or more, and will only release their seeds in temperatures of 120 degrees or more. Such temperatures can only be achieved by a “forest fire,” (50 degrees celsius). When we consider this, it can be seen that some of these giant serotonous trees release their seeds at temperatures high enough to kill them. Some have thought that the lowest branches on some of the really big conifers die and remain attached to the tree for no other purpose, other than to act as fuel to send ground fires shooting up into their crowns, that will heat their cones and spring forth the seeds.

_MG_4668ww.jpg

If the Christian thrives and progresses at all, he must do so amid strangers to God, amid scoffing, subject to ridicule. He must stand upright like the palm tree in the desert. The sky may be as brass, the desert sand may beat about the palm tree's roots, and pile itself in heaps about its trunk. Yet the tree lives as an evergreen, fresh and vigorous amid the burning desert sands. Remove the sand till you reach the rootlets of the palm tree, and you discover the secret of its life; it strikes down deep beneath the surface, to the secret waters hidden in the earth. Christians indeed may be fitly represented by the palm tree. They are like Enoch; although surrounded by corrupting influences, their faith takes hold of the Unseen. They walk with God, deriving strength and grace from Him to withstand the moral pollution surrounding them. Like Daniel in the courts of Babylon, they stand pure and uncontaminated; their life is hid with Christ in God. They are virtuous in spirit amid depravity; they are true and loyal, fervent and zealous, while surrounded by infidels, hypocritical professors, godless and worldly men. Their faith and life are hid with Christ in God. Jesus is in them a well of water springing up into everlasting life. Faith, like the rootlets of the palm tree, penetrates beneath the things which are seen, drawing spiritual nourishment from the Fountain of life (ST July 8, 1886).  {3BC 1151.4}

The Wanderer
15 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

some of the really big trees are what is called “serotonous” which means “late opening” and instead of dropping their seeds as soon as they ripen, or are matured; such as how Maple or Aspen trees would do, these trees will hang on tightly to them, and only drop their seeds to the ground in response to certain environmental triggers. Some trees even keep their cones for 50 years or more, and will only release their seeds in temperatures of 120 degrees or more. Such temperatures can only be achieved by a “forest fire,” (50 degrees celsius). When we consider this, it can be seen that some of these giant serotonous trees release their seeds at temperatures high enough to kill them. Some have thought that the lowest branches on some of the really big conifers die and remain attached to the tree for no other purpose, other than to act as fuel to send ground fires shooting up into their crowns, that will heat their cones and spring forth the seeds.

There is a comment missing from the end of this paragraph. Sometimes my cut and paste operations dont work so well because I spilled something on my key-board. But the point of this paragraph is that sometimes, when we think we are experiencing more heat than light; it doesnt mean something about you is "wrong." it just means that this how God sometimes begins something new in us. :)

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

"Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices." (Prov 1:31, KJV)"

Truly spake the wise man: “The wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.” “Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him; but it shall not be well with the wicked.” [Ecclesiastes 8:11-13.] “They hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord;” “therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.” [Proverbs 1:29, 31.]  {GC88 285.5}"

IMG_5288ww.jpg

Leave Results with God

The good seed may for a time lie unnoticed in a cold, selfish, worldly heart, giving no evidence that it has taken root; but afterward, as the Spirit of God breathes on the soul, the hidden seed springs up, and at last bears fruit to the glory of God. In our life-work we know not which shall prosper, this or that. This is not a question for us to settle. We are to do our work, and leave the results with God. "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand." God's great covenant declares that "while the earth remaineth, seed-time and harvest . . . shall not cease." In the confidence of this promise the husbandman tills and sows. Not less confidently are we in the spiritual sowing to labor, trusting His assurance, "So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth; it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." "He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him."--Christ's Object Lessons, p. 65.  {ChS 264.3}

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

"And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them." (Exodus 25:8)

CHURCH.jpg

Knox Presbyterian Church, 1901-1985 is now a part of the local museum and historical site here. While this is a beautiful reflection on our history, it also points forward to the day when "the tabernacle of God is with us," I can feel it every time I enter this sanctuary.

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." (Rev 21:3)

Christ is spoken of as walking in the midst of the golden candlesticks. Thus is symbolized His relation to the churches. He is in constant communication with His people. He knows their true state. He observes their order, their piety, their devotion. Although He is high priest and mediator in the sanctuary above, yet He is represented as walking up and down in the midst of His churches on the earth. With untiring wakefulness and unremitting vigilance, He watches to see whether the light of any of His sentinels is burning dim or going out. If the candlesticks were left to mere human care, the flickering flame would languish and die; but He is the true watchman in the Lord's house, the true warden of the temple courts. His continued care and sustaining grace are the source of life and light.  {AA 586.1}  

Christ is represented as holding the seven stars in His right hand. This assures us that no church faithful to its trust need fear coming to nought, for not a star that has the protection of Omnipotence can be plucked out of the hand of Christ.  {AA 586.2}  

"These things saith He that holdeth the seven stars in His right hand." Revelation 2:1. These words are spoken to the teachers in the church--those entrusted by God with weighty responsibilities. The sweet influences that are to be abundant in the church are bound up with God's ministers, who are to reveal the love of Christ. The stars of heaven are under His control. He fills them with light. He guides and directs their movements. If He did not do this, they would become fallen stars. So with His ministers. They are but instruments in His hands, and all the good they accomplish is done through His power. Through them His light is to shine forth. The Saviour is to be their efficiency. If they will look to Him as He looked to the Father they will be enabled to do His work. As they make God their dependence, He will give them His brightness to reflect to the world.  {AA 586.3}

LifeHiscost

Sorry I've been missing so long. Due to the major fires in the area, we've been out of electricity for about a week and it is suppose to be up to as long as another 1-8 days. This is from the library  facilities.

:happysabbath:

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :thumbsup:

The Wanderer
1 hour ago, LifeHiscost said:

Sorry I've been missing so long. Due to the major fires in the area, we've been out of electricity for about a week and it is suppose to be up to as long as another 1-8 days. This is from the library  facilities.

:happysabbath:

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :thumbsup:

I am glad you found a little sanctuary in the Library my friend! PTL

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!!

We interrupt this program to bring you this special report, straight from the source!  It looks like a leading scientist has discovered further scientific evidence of Creation. Science and the Bible indeed, are in harmony!

And, there is, of course, a Sabbath connection! I will be away from the forum for a week or so, so I am posting this a little early. Ido realize it is not yet Sabbath; but this coming Sabbath is a very special occasion:

Creation Sabbath is Oct. 28, 2017, and the Geoscience Research Institute (GRI) has released a documentary about Isabel de Moraes' research, life, and faith. How did this remarkable woman become one of the leading scientists living today? What challenges did she have to overcome? Why does she work inside a huge synchrotron facility on a former Royal Air Force base just outside of Oxford, England? How has her scientific education and research influenced her faith in the Creator God of the Bible? And how has her faith influenced her science? These questions and more are answered

Read More From Source

Truly, God has His people everywhere they are or will be needed! We can experience His Peace; on His Holy Day. :)

IMG_6529.jpg

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:30, 31.

IMG_6463.jpg

The great Provider for man and beast opens his hand, and supplies all his creatures. {RH, September 18, 1888 par. 2}

Those who are truly sanctified have a sense of their own weakness. Feeling their need, they will go for light and grace and strength to Jesus, in whom all fullness dwells, and who alone can supply their wants. Conscious of their own imperfections, they seek to become more like Christ, and to live in accordance with the principles of His holy law. This continual sense of inefficiency will lead to such entire dependence upon God, that His Spirit will be exemplified in them. The treasures of heaven will be opened to supply the wants of every hungering, thirsting soul. All of this character have the assurance of one day beholding the glory of that kingdom which as yet the imagination can only faintly grasp.{RC 61.5}  

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:30, 31.

Just here we might distinguish between genuine and false sanctification. Sanctification does not consist in merely professing and teaching the word of God, but in living in conformity to His will. Those who claim to be sinless, and make their boast of sanctification, are self-confident, and do not realize their peril. They anchor their souls upon the supposition that having once experienced the sanctifying power of God, they are in no danger of falling. While claiming to be rich and increased in goods, and in need of nothing, they know not that they are miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked. But those who are truly sanctified have a sense of their own weakness. Feeling their need, they will go for light and grace and strength to Jesus, in whom all fulness dwells, and who alone can supply their wants. Conscious of their own imperfections, they seek to become more like Christ, and to live in accordance with the principles of His holy law. This continual sense of inefficiency will lead to such entire dependence upon God, that His Spirit will be exemplified in them. The treasures of heaven will be opened to supply the wants of every hungering, thirsting soul. All of this character have the assurance of one day beholding the glory of that kingdom which as yet the imagination can only faintly grasp.  {BEcho, February 21, 1898 par. 4} 

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

(from The Wanderer, on The Sea Of Glass)

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.(Rev 15:2)

IMG_0696ww.jpg

John saw the mercy, the tenderness, and the love of God blending with His holiness, justice, and power. He saw sinners finding a Father in Him of whom their sins had made them afraid. And looking beyond the culmination of the great conflict, he beheld upon Zion "them that had gotten the victory . . . stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God," and singing "the song of Moses" and the Lamb. Revelation 15:2, 3.  {AA 589.1}

The Saviour is presented before John under the symbols of "the Lion of the tribe of Judah" and of "a Lamb as it had been slain." Revelation 5:5, 6. These symbols represent the union of omnipotent power and self-sacrificing love. The Lion of Judah, so terrible to the rejectors of His grace, will be the Lamb of God to the obedient and faithful. The pillar of fire that speaks terror and wrath to the transgressor of God's law is a token of light and mercy and deliverance to those who have kept His commandments. The arm strong to smite the rebellious will be strong to deliver the loyal. Everyone who is faithful will be saved. "He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one nd of heaven to the other." Matthew 24:31.  {AA 589.2} 

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All AGAIN

This beautiful Blue Jay came to light on a branch in our back alley, so I thought I could add this extra "Sabbath Delight" for those of you who are enjoying this topic:

blue jay.jpg

For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison (James 3:7-8)

Christ's commission, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature," is spoken to every one of His followers. All who are ordained unto the life of Christ are ordained to work for the salvation of their fellow-men. Their hearts will throb in unison with the heart of Christ. The same longing of soul that He felt will be manifest in them. Not all can fill the same place in the work, but there is a place and a work for all. All upon whom God's blessing has been bestowed are to respond by actual service; every gift is to be employed for the advancement of His kingdom and the glory of His name.  {AUCR, June 1, 1904 par. 1} 

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Lo, I come unto thee in a thick cloud..." (Exodus 19:9)

Today, there are abundant suggested applications of Scripture that I hear in sermons and read in books that no longer seem to relate to my life as easily as they used to. My life has become more complex and my problems, more specific and personal. I am realizing that Instead of relying on the applications of others, I need to apply the Bible myself. To myself. This is how the kind of testimony spoken about in 1 John 1:1-3 comes about.

I had always been told that clouds in my experience were "bad omens" or somehow an indication of some mysterious unacceptance of me by God. But then, when I look at what the Scriptures actually say about clouds, and why, I cannot help but see the clouds of my pilgrimmage on this earth as a blessing, and as a shelter, of sorts.

Consider the picture enclosed. Note how beautiful these clouds are.

DSC00357ww.jpg

The mercies of God surround you every moment; and it would be profitable for you to consider how and whence your blessings come every day. Let the precious blessings of God awaken gratitude in you. You cannot number the blessings of God, the constant loving-kindness expressed to you, for they are as numerous as the refreshing drops of rain. Clouds of mercy are hanging over you, and ready to drop upon you. If you will appreciate the valuable gift of salvation, you will be sensible of daily refreshment, of the protection and love of Jesus; you will be guided in the way of peace.  {MYP 409.3

LifeHiscost

Most, if not all of man kind's problems originate from a lack of getting acquainted with Jesus through a study of the Word, and then believing the promises and other evidences He gives us to convict our hearts of His love for us.

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. ...Jeremiah 29

5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” ...Acts 16

17 If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?” ...Acts 11

18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather[a] rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”...Luke 10

5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” ...Hebrews 13

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :happysabbath:

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

And at even, when the sun did set, they brought unto him all that were diseased, and them that were possessed with devils. (Mark 1:32)

sabbathww (2).jpg

(sunset, earlier tonight, west of Didsbury, Alberta, Canada)

"We need every ray of light that God can shed upon us"  {RH, October 7, 1890 par. 3}  "

May God bless you, my brethren and sisters. My heart is drawn out in tenderness and love for you. You are a large company here. Will you not consecrate yourselves to God? We invite you to come to Jesus, to believe in him, and receive from him the outpouring of his Holy Spirit. He will give you this, if you ask in faith believing. Then work in harmony with him to disseminate truth. If you will seek individually to answer in your lives Christ's prayer for his disciples, you will follow on to know the Lord. This is not like the fading strength and glory of the setting sun, but like the morning, the rising sun, which is ever increasing in warmth and light and power." Sanitarium, Cal. {RH, January 13, 1910 par. 23}

Edited by The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All

"The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run." (Joel 2:24)

horses.jpg

(wild horses in the mountains near here that I photographed here yesterday)

In the previous three verses to this text, the people are called to battle by a trumpet, sounding the alarm, for the day of The Lord...is at hand. The immediate context/reference tells us that this was in reference to the Babylonian captivity. But the complete fulfillment, from where this text was initially referenced is still to come.

Before the invasion, the land of Judah was akin to The Garden Of Eden; and after the invasion; it is a completely destroyed and desolate wilderness. Similarly, in the end; which for believers is just the beginning, there will be a serious conflict between good and evil, which already, are marshaling their forces. Joel 2:1-5 gives a vivid and forceful description of what the mighty, invading armies looked like:

"Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations. A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.  Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array."  (Joel 2:1-5, KJV)

When our heart is right with God, we want the day of the LORD. We long for Him to show His strength because we know that we abide in Him. When we are not right with God, we dread BOTH the way and the day of the LORD, because when God shows Himself strong, His strength may work against us. In Joel’s day Judah was not right with God, so the day of the LORD was  nothing but darkness and gloominess to them. But the scriptures do promise: ""As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness." (Ezekiel 34:12)

Similarly, if we today were to consider the people of God to be like an army - perhaps based on the military images Paul sprinkled through his letters - then this passage (in Joel 2:1-5) can show us two things that can make God’s people more effective. First they must keep order, with every soldier keeping ranks. Second they must work hard, with every soldier serving with energy.  The LORD gives voice before His army: As impressive as this army is, Joel does not want Judah to forget that it’s real power lies in the FACT that God has sent them. They will be His tool of judgment against Judah - unless they repent.

We sit today at the very precipice of unprecedented attack against the people of God, and yet many can only think to abide on the sidelines, whining like babies about "the church this and the church that," without even a thought of helping someone along the way Joel 2:4, the text for this devotional tells us that this is not how God's Army will be posturing when this great attack on His people culminates. God says "The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run."  If you are not busy now, "running as the horsemen," then you are in the wrong place, and doing the wrong thing. "If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" (Jer 12:5)

(can you imagine, contending with horses like the ones herein pictured, or riding on one of them as the horseman?)

Every act of life is great for good or evil; and it is only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life that we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions.--Health Reformer.  {PH048 4.9}  

The Bible teaches [people] to act from principle; and whenever we successfully resist evil influence, we are strengthening that principle which has been assailed. [and exercised] The mere possession of talent is no guarantee of usefulness or happiness in life. Right principles are the only basis of true success.--Review and Herald, No. 39, 1883.  {PH048 5.5}

I saw that Sister B partakes of the same spirit as that of her mother. Brother and Sister B have erred in bringing up their child. He was not subdued young. Old Sister R petted and indulged her children until they have no power of endurance. A little difficulty or trial casts them down. Instead of developing a character and enduring trial and bearing with courage and perseverance, they sink under the cloud. Said the angel, "If thou hast run with the footmen and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" [Jeremiah 12:5]. The time of trouble is before us, and if there is lack of courage and ambition now, how will they pass the fearful scenes of that trying hour?  {15MR 331.1}  

Some make their lives almost useless by thinking they are more afflicted than they really are. The Lord calls for a reform. Sister B must exercise faith, and wipe the disagreeable frown from the brow, and rather have it lightened up with the Spirit of God. Patience and endurance will effect a great work.  {15MR 331.2}  

Let us always mind the challenge/promise of Scripture: " Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it."  (Habakkuk 2:2). {PH048 5.4}

The Bible tells us: "Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud," (Isaiah 19:1). Could it be that the Captain of the Horses will ride in the lead of those who choose to run like the horses pictured in Habakkuk 2:2, or perhaps, even such as symbolized by the horses pictures above. One can see that they carry immense strength. Are you up for riding them?  Then, " write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that [they] may run that read it."

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

Our people here are considerably scattered, but on the Sabbath they came in from all the surrounding country. The ground was covered with snow, and one brother came thirty miles in a sleigh, while others, both men and women, walked from six to twenty miles. Eld. Matteson preached in the morning, and when all had had time to come in from a distance, I followed, speaking from Philippians 4:4-7: “Rejoice in the Lord always.” I dwelt upon the importance of exercising faith in God, so that we can rejoice in him even in the midst of trials and persecutions, and of laboring in the spirit of Christ to win others to the truth.  {HS 195.1}

snow1.jpg

(I entitled this "Blue Velvet," taken earlier this week and artistic features added with software)

Sabbath morning it commenced snowing; but not one meeting was suspended. About an inch of snow fell, and the air was piercing cold. Women with little children clustered about the stoves. It was touching to see one hundred and fifty people  assembled for a convocation meeting under these circumstances. Some had come two hundred miles by private conveyance. All seemed hungry for the bread of life, and thirsty for the water of salvation.  {LS 239.2}  

Elder Haskell spoke Friday afternoon and evening. Sabbath morning I spoke encouraging words to those who had made so great an effort to attend the meeting. I told them that the more inclement the weather, the greater the necessity of our obtaining the sunshine of God's presence. This life at best is but the Christian's winter; and the bleak winds of winter-- disappointments, losses, pain, and anguish--are our lot here; but our hopes are reaching forward to the Christian's summer, when we shall change climate, leave all the wintry blasts and fierce tempests behind, and be taken to those mansions Jesus has gone to prepare for those that love Him.  {LS 239.3} 

Jeannieb43

Dear friend Wanderer:

You've been hiding your talent under a bushel lately!    I never knew before that you are a preacher!

God bless you!   And God bless all who listen to your messages given in person there in Canada, plus those of us who read your messages here on Adventistan.

Jeannieb

The Wanderer
10 minutes ago, Jeannieb43 said:

Dear friend Wanderer:

You've been hiding your talent under a bushel lately!    I never knew before that you are a preacher!

God bless you!   And God bless all who listen to your messages given in person there in Canada, plus those of us who read your messages here on Adventistan.

Jeannieb

Thank you. Now I have to try to figure out how to live up to all that :D

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All

APPROVED UNTO GOD

“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Tim 2:15) 

bibleww.jpg

In 2 Tim 2:1-10 the Apostle describes for us “the elect” and sketches out the experience of the “elect soul.” 

“The elect” must endure, suffer, and die with Christ, that out of its surrender may come the truest, richest life, John 12:25. There is no path to lasting success save that of the cross and grave of Christ. It has been allotted to the redeemed in the divine program; each must tread it separately and with resolute purpose. 

There is no doubt as to the sequel of a true life. The world of men may count it a failure, but God pledges Himself that as the pendulum swings here in the dark, it shall swing equally in yonder world of light. Three things are impossible with God-to die, to lie, and to fail the soul that trusts Him. Even when we cannot muster faith enough, His word of promise cannot be frustrated in the case of those whose faith is weak and trembling as the smoking flax.

Speaking of the worker, 2 Tim 2:14-18 The one anxiety with us all should be to stand approved before God. As the R.V. margin suggests, we must hold a straight course in the word of truth. Our testimony should resemble an undeviating life's work. Let us construct in our life something which will be a permanent addition to the well-being of the world, so that at the last the Master may say that He is satisfied.

No worker for God need be ashamed by modern voices of dissent, in the doctrines of how God has led them to where they are now.

“The Lord will not lead minds now to set aside the truth that the Holy Spirit has moved upon His servants in the past to proclaim. Many will honestly search the Word for light as those in the past have searched it; and they see light in the Word. But they did not pass over the ground, in their [personal] experience, when these messages of warning were first proclaimed. Not having had this experience, some do not appreciate the value of the truths that have been to us as waymarks, and that have made us as a peculiar people what we are. They do not make a right application of the Scriptures, and thus they frame theories that are not correct. It is true that they quote an abundance of Scripture, and teach much that is true; but truth is so mixed with error as to lead to wrong conclusions. . . . {CTr 342.2}

Edited by The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things (Isa 45:7)

_MG_0960wwwww.jpg

God here asserts his sole and sovereign dominion, as that which he designed to prove and manifest to the world in all the great things he did. The Bible is filled with examples of this Light. Your life too can be filled with this Light.

Until his latest hour the life of Paul testified to the truth of his words to the Corinthians: "God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:6-10. His sufficiency was not in himself, but in the presence and agency of the divine Spirit that filled his soul and brought every thought into subjection to the will of Christ. The prophet declares, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3. The heaven-born peace expressed on Paul's countenance won many a soul to the gospel.  {AA 510.1} 

_MG_0772wwww.jpg

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

It is through the gift of Christ that we receive every blessing. Through that gift there comes to us day by day the unfailing flow of Jehovah's goodness. Every flower, with its delicate tints and its fragrance, is given for our enjoyment through that one Gift. The sun and the moon were made by Him. There is not a star which beautifies the heavens that He did not make. Every drop of rain that falls, every ray of light shed upon our unthankful world, testifies to the love of God in Christ. Everything is supplied to us through the one unspeakable Gift, God's only-begotten Son. He was nailed to the cross that all these bounties might flow to God's workmanship.  {RC 33.5}

bleeding.jpg

(Bleeding Heart Flowers are abundant in Alberta, Canada this time of year.)

--Christ lifts up the contrite heart . . . until it becomes His abode MB-11 (SD-302)

thx4mercy

These are so precious!

The Wanderer

Happy Sabbath To All!

26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. (Mark 13:26-27 King James Version (KJV))

Today, as The Sabbath was ushered in by the setting sun, I had just finished writing a short note to someone who is dying, has maybe a week or two left. It has been such a shock to my system, because this person has been in my life for 60 years or so as a loved one, part of my distant family, now living thousands of miles away.But we have always had a close relationship, and neither time nor distance has affected that.

_MG_1031ww.jpg

(I took this photo earlier today right outside my house)

But, what it has affected is my ability to just be there for them; after-all, they have always been there for me in the past. Well, other family members will read the note I wrote, and so they will know what my thinking is, at least, on the outside.

Deeper inside, somewhere, I don't think that this whole death thing is fair or just in any way. I have serious questions about why it has to be like this, and everyone gets to suffer through it at one point or another in their life. Of course, I have people in my life that tell me, "as Christians, we have to *accept* some of these kinds of things and just *trust* in God anyway."

What would you say to someone if you knew that you only had one chance to speak to them, and that you basically only had five minutes to say it to them? There are so many discordant thoughts running through my soul about this, and it is truly discouraging to go online and see all kinds of people authoritatively pronouncing all this stuff that they think they know about death and dying, and what a person *has* to know before they go, or sometimes they will dote on "the snctuary question, thinking that the *right* answer to that, will make everything all good again. But it never does. It still hurts to lose someone I have been so close to for 60 years.

The only note of hope that was in my heart as I wrote the note was the main subject of the opening text for this post. THE resurrection. It really does help to have that Hope, and THAT Savior, who will make it all happen.

Oh, how I wish that all could be as white and clean as the beautiful cloud picture I am enclosing below. As I picture Jesus and all those angels and all the resurrected and translated one, meeting the Lord in the air, and ON these clouds, I KNOW that the storm will not last forever, let us take some time this Sabbath to dwell on this uttermost hope. That hope is also something everyone gets to go through.

O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company [of stormy, dark clouds] that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee. (2 Chronicles 20:12). [square bracket emphasis supplied by me]

With every truly converted soul the relation to God and to eternal things will be the great topic of life. ... Before the final visitation of God's judgments upon the earth there will be among the people of the Lord such a revival of primitive godliness as has not been witnessed since apostolic times. The Spirit and power of God will be poured out upon His children. At that time many will separate themselves from those churches in which the love of this world has supplanted love for God and His Word. Many, both of ministers and people, will gladly accept those great truths which God has caused to be proclaimed at this time to prepare a people for the Lord's second coming. (True Revival, pg 19)

phkrause

I'm with you Wanderer, definitely in prayer!! Just lost my Mom, whom my wife and I have been taking care of for the past 6 months. Pretty much each day, knowing that she was slowing fading. Its not something we don't know will happen, but yet when it does, it still suppresses/shocks you. But at the same time I know that all the suffering she's gone through these last months are over and especially these last few weeks, were she was unable to do for herself. She was a very proud person and I know that she was very sad inside, but couldn't really express it. She's now resting in the Lord and waiting for that day that he comes and takes us to heaven with him for 1000 years!!