Kingdom of Adventistan
james423

Napkins

james423    154
james423

During our church service today, Dottie, our academy principal, talked to the children about napkins.  I cannot confirm what she said at the moment, but I think it's interesting.

Kings would often leave the dining area for various reasons.  Sometimes they would return to continue the meal, sometimes they wouldn't.  So how did the servants know whether to start the table cleanup?  The condition of the napkin.  If the king was temporarily gone and wished to continue his meal, the napkin would be carefully folded and placed on the table.  If, however, the king would not be returning, the napkin would be crumpled up and left in a disorganized condition.

Jesus was crucified and placed in the tomb.  Early Sunday morning the women and the disciples found the tomb empty - and the napkin carefully folded, a sign of Jesus' eventual return.

aka    1,484
aka

Jesus was crucified and placed in the tomb.  Early Sunday morning the women and the disciples found the tomb empty - and the napkin carefully folded, a sign of Jesus' eventual return.

A lovely thought of explanation to this event.

Ellen    84
Ellen

There are manners that if you are finished a meal in a restaurant or at home,   you should not fold your napkin up but leave it rumpled.  Perhaps there is some connection to your story.

aka    1,484
aka

I take it one step further. The napkin at the resturant or imbiss Wok place are really study pieces of paper. I don't stain them hardly when using. Alfred folds them up for me and puts them in his shirt pocket. At home I put them under the cat dish which then catches the pushed over bits of cat-food. Cleaning the area is simple. I just put the dish in the sink and the napkin crumpled up into the garbage bin.    cat_purrr.gif.a2eade5da5f758c32a9dfc5350

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.