Kingdom of Adventistan
phkrause

Trivia Quiz?

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

phkrause
On 6/28/2019 at 2:07 PM, phkrause said:

What is the lowest value of paper money without the portrait of a U.S. president?

$10

18 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

$ 10.00

Answer: The obverse of the United States ten-dollar bill ($10) bill features the portrait of Alexander Hamilton, who served as the first U.S. Secretary of the Treasury. The $10 bill is unique in that it is the only denomination in circulation in which the portrait faces to the left. It also features one of two non-presidents on currently issued U.S. bills, the other being Benjamin Franklin on the $100 bill. Hamilton is also the only person not born in the continental United States or British America (he was from the West Indies) currently depicted on U.S. paper currency.

phkrause

Which of these tough guy actors was a cheerleader in college?

Samuel Jackson

phkrause

After Queen Elizabeth II, who is next in line for the British throne?

Prince Charles I believe

phkrause
19 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which of these tough guy actors was a cheerleader in college?

Samuel Jackson

15 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

SAMUEL JACKSON

Answer: The “Pulp Fiction” star studied marine biology at Morehouse College, an all-male institution in Atlanta, Georgia. After joining a local acting group, Samuel L. Jackson found an interest in acting and switched his major. As a way to pick up the ladies, he showed off his school spirit and joined the cheerleading squad so he could travel with the basketball and football teams to games at other universities, where females crowded the stands. And Jackson is glad he did – he ended up meeting his wife, actress LaTanya Richardson, at neighboring school Spelman College.

phkrause
18 hours ago, phkrause said:

After Queen Elizabeth II, who is next in line for the British throne?

Prince Charles I believe

16 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

PRINCE CHARLES

Answer: Prince Charles, the oldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, is the heir apparent to the British throne. His mother became queen when he was only three after the death of his grandfather King George VI in 1952. As Elizabeth's oldest child, Charles became the heir apparent to the British throne and received the title of Duke of Cornwall. Charles was also destined to become Great Britain's oldest heir apparent, with his mother remaining queen for more than six and a half decades. His younger siblings are Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward. He is the father of Princes William and Harry.

phkrause

Lima beans are named for a city in which country?

Wouldn't ya think Peru??

phkrause
22 hours ago, phkrause said:

Lima beans are named for a city in which country?

Wouldn't ya think Peru??

Answer: Lima is the capital and the largest city of Peru. Lima beans originated in Peru and have been grown there since 6000 B.C. Despite the lima bean being named after the city of Lima, Peru, the two have distinctly different pronunciations. Packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, the lima bean is one of the most nutritious foods in the world. A common nickname for the lima bean is butter bean, said to be descriptive of the bean’s rich taste and creamy texture. For unknown reasons, April 20 is National Lima Bean Respect Day.

phkrause

What does the government of Finland give all new mothers?

Cardboard box

phkrause

What World War I battle had the most casualties?

Battle of the Somme

phkrause
22 hours ago, phkrause said:

What does the government of Finland give all new mothers?

Cardboard box

3 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

CARDBOARD  BOX

Answer: For 75 years, Finland's expectant mothers have been given a cardboard box by the state. It's contains a starter kit of clothes, sheets and toys that is also used as a bed. It's a tradition that dates back to the 1930s, and some say it helped Finland achieve one of the world's lowest infant mortality rates. With the mattress in the bottom, the box becomes the baby's first bed. Many children, from all social backgrounds, have their first naps within the safety of the box's four cardboard walls. Mothers have a choice between taking the box, or a cash grant, but 95% opt for the box.

phkrause
18 hours ago, phkrause said:

What World War I battle had the most casualties?

Battle of the Somme

4 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

BATTLE OF THE SSOMME

Answer: On this day in 1916, a massive joint operation between British and French forces against the Germans occurred in the Somme area in northern France. Dubbed the Battle of the Somme, it was the largest battle of the First World War on the Western Front. More than three million men fought in the battle and one million men were wounded or killed, making it one of the bloodiest battles in human history. The battle also has the distinction of being the first battle fought with tanks. The disastrous Battle of the Somme stretched on for more than four months, with the Allies advancing a total of just five miles.

phkrause

Which president said, "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."?

Warren G Harding

phkrause

Who shot and mortally wounded President James A. Garfield?

Charles J Guiteau

phkrause
23 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which president said, "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."?

Warren G Harding

WARREN  G  HARDING

Answer: Warren G. Harding is widely described as the worst president in American history. He was our 29th chief executive, serving from 1921 to 1923. Harding has been described as “good-looking, charming and out of his depth” and “oddly likeable in his ineptitude.” He evidently agreed with these assessments, saying about himself, “I am a man of limited talents from a small town; I don’t seem to grasp that I am president.” Harding then told historian Nicholas Murray Butler after assuming the seat, "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."

phkrause
17 hours ago, phkrause said:

Who shot and mortally wounded President James A. Garfield?

Charles J Guiteau

CHARLES J  GUITEAU

Answer: On this day in 1881, President James A. Garfield was shot by Charles J. Guiteau, a disgruntled office seeker in Washington, D.C. As Garfield fell to the ground, Guiteau exclaimed, "I did it. I will go to jail for it. I am a Stalwart and Arthur will be President." After 11 weeks of intensive care, Garfield died from an infection and internal hemorrhage. The following day, Chester A. Arthur was inaugurated as the 21st president of the United States. Guiteau was convicted of Garfield’s murder and executed by hanging in 1882.

phkrause

Which of these Founding Fathers never signed the Declaration of Independence?

Thomas Jefferson

phkrause

In the movie "Back to the Future", how much power does the DeLorean time machine need?

1.21 gigawatts