Kingdom of Adventistan
phkrause

Trivia Quiz?

phkrause

What World War I battle had the most casualties?

Battle of the Somme

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

phkrause
22 hours ago, phkrause said:

What does the government of Finland give all new mothers?

Cardboard box

3 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

CARDBOARD  BOX

Answer: For 75 years, Finland's expectant mothers have been given a cardboard box by the state. It's contains a starter kit of clothes, sheets and toys that is also used as a bed. It's a tradition that dates back to the 1930s, and some say it helped Finland achieve one of the world's lowest infant mortality rates. With the mattress in the bottom, the box becomes the baby's first bed. Many children, from all social backgrounds, have their first naps within the safety of the box's four cardboard walls. Mothers have a choice between taking the box, or a cash grant, but 95% opt for the box.

phkrause
18 hours ago, phkrause said:

What World War I battle had the most casualties?

Battle of the Somme

4 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

BATTLE OF THE SSOMME

Answer: On this day in 1916, a massive joint operation between British and French forces against the Germans occurred in the Somme area in northern France. Dubbed the Battle of the Somme, it was the largest battle of the First World War on the Western Front. More than three million men fought in the battle and one million men were wounded or killed, making it one of the bloodiest battles in human history. The battle also has the distinction of being the first battle fought with tanks. The disastrous Battle of the Somme stretched on for more than four months, with the Allies advancing a total of just five miles.

phkrause

Which president said, "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."?

Warren G Harding

phkrause

Who shot and mortally wounded President James A. Garfield?

Charles J Guiteau

phkrause
23 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which president said, "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."?

Warren G Harding

15 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

WARREN  G  HARDING

Answer: Warren G. Harding is widely described as the worst president in American history. He was our 29th chief executive, serving from 1921 to 1923. Harding has been described as “good-looking, charming and out of his depth” and “oddly likeable in his ineptitude.” He evidently agreed with these assessments, saying about himself, “I am a man of limited talents from a small town; I don’t seem to grasp that I am president.” Harding then told historian Nicholas Murray Butler after assuming the seat, "I am not fit for this office and should never have been here."

phkrause
17 hours ago, phkrause said:

Who shot and mortally wounded President James A. Garfield?

Charles J Guiteau

15 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

CHARLES J  GUITEAU

Answer: On this day in 1881, President James A. Garfield was shot by Charles J. Guiteau, a disgruntled office seeker in Washington, D.C. As Garfield fell to the ground, Guiteau exclaimed, "I did it. I will go to jail for it. I am a Stalwart and Arthur will be President." After 11 weeks of intensive care, Garfield died from an infection and internal hemorrhage. The following day, Chester A. Arthur was inaugurated as the 21st president of the United States. Guiteau was convicted of Garfield’s murder and executed by hanging in 1882.

phkrause

Which of these Founding Fathers never signed the Declaration of Independence?

Thomas Jefferson

phkrause

In the movie "Back to the Future", how much power does the DeLorean time machine need?

1.21 gigawatts

phkrause
20 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which of these Founding Fathers never signed the Declaration of Independence?

Thomas Jefferson

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Answer: 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence, however George Washington was not one of them. George Washington did not sign the Declaration of Independence because in July 1776 he was in New York preparing to defend Manhattan against the British. Washington took command of the Revolutionary forces in Massachusetts on July 3, 1775. He was with his troops a year later when on July 4, 1776 —the Declaration of Independence was adopted. He, therefore, did not vote for or sign the Declaration of Independence.

phkrause
19 hours ago, phkrause said:

In the movie "Back to the Future", how much power does the DeLorean time machine need?

1.21 gigawatts

1.21 GIGAWTTS

Answer: The DeLorean time machine is a fictional automobile-based time travel vehicle featured in the Back to the Future franchise. After entering a target date, the operator accelerates the car to 88 miles per hour, which activates the flux capacitor. The time machine is electric and requires a power input of 1.21 gigawatts to operate. The power required is pronounced in the film as one point twenty-one "jigowatts". While the closed-captioning spells the word as it appears in the script, jigowatt, the actual spelling matches the standard prefix and the term for power of "one billion watts": gigawatt. The director thought it was pronounced this way because that was how a scientific adviser for the film pronounced it.

phkrause

What is the nickname of the only U.S. president born on the 4th of July?

Silent Cal

phkrause

When was the Declaration of Independence signed?

August 2, 1776

phkrause
21 hours ago, phkrause said:

What is the nickname of the only U.S. president born on the 4th of July?

Silent Cal

Answer: John Calvin Coolidge, the 30th President of the United States, was born on July 4, 1872. Coolidge was elected as the 29th Vice President in 1920 and succeeded to the Presidency upon the sudden death of Warren G. Harding in 1923. He is the only U.S. President to be born on Independence Day. Coolidge was known for his quiet demeanor, which earned him the nickname "Silent Cal." During Coolidge's presidency, the United States experienced the period of rapid economic growth that characterized the "Roaring Twenties."

phkrause
18 hours ago, phkrause said:

When was the Declaration of Independence signed?

August 2, 1776

Answer: One of the most widely held misconceptions about the Declaration of Independence is that it was signed on July 4, 1776. In fact, independence was formally declared on July 2, 1776, a date that John Adams believed would be “the most memorable epocha in the history of America.” On July 4, 1776, Congress approved the final text of the Declaration. It wasn’t signed until August 2, 1776, nearly a month after its adoption. Although August 2, 1776, was the date of the official signing ceremony, there were several people who signed on later dates.

phkrause

What company was founded in 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports?

Nike

phkrause

HBO's Game of Thrones is based on a series of novels by which author?

George R R Martin