Kingdom of Adventistan
phkrause

Trivia Quiz?

phkrause
23 hours ago, phkrause said:

What did Delta Airlines ban in 1994, making it the first major airline to do so?

A. Cell phones
B. Smoking
C. Leggings
D. Knitting needles

My guess is B. Smoking

7 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

I  will  go  alone  with  SMOKING

B. Smoking

Butt out! Delta was the first to ban smoking on its flights.

Source: various web sites.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

phkrause
22 hours ago, phkrause said:

The Guinness Book of Records was created after an argument about what?

The fastest game bird in Europe

8 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

THE FASTEST GAME BIRD IN EUROPE

Answer: On this day in 1955, the first edition of “The Guinness Book of Records” was published in Great Britain. The inspiration for the record book can be traced to November 1951, when Sir Hugh Beaver, managing director of the Guinness Brewery was on a hunting trip in Ireland. After failing to shoot a golden plover, Beaver and the members of his hunting party debated whether the creature was Europe’s fastest game bird but were unable to locate a book with the answer. Thinking that patrons of Britain’s pubs would enjoy a record book which could be used to settle friendly disagreements, Beaver decided to have one produced.

phkrause
22 hours ago, phkrause said:

Who was the first Vice President of the United States?

JOHN ADAMS

Who was the first Vice President of the United States?

Your Answer: John Adams

Correct Answer: John Adams

phkrause
20 hours ago, phkrause said:

The sports teams of Florida State take their name from which Native American people?

Has to be Seminoles

SEMINOLES

Answer: The Florida State Seminoles are the athletic teams representing Florida State University located in Tallahassee, Florida. The "Seminoles" name, chosen by students in a 1947 vote, alludes to Florida's Seminole people who in the early 19th century resisted efforts of the United States government to remove them from Florida. The use of names and images associated with Seminole history is officially sanctioned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. The athletic logo, in use since the early 1970s, shows a profile of a shouting Seminole warrior in circle.

phkrause

Which company came up with the ad slogan, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"?

A. Alka-Seltzer
B. Pepto Bismol
C. Tums
D. Milk of Magnesia

A. Alka-Seltzer

phkrause

What is the only nation in the world that averages more than one car per person?

San Marino

phkrause

Which country has the most active volcanoes in the world?

Indonesia??

phkrause
On 8/28/2019 at 3:30 PM, phkrause said:

Which company came up with the ad slogan, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"?

A. Alka-Seltzer
B. Pepto Bismol
C. Tums
D. Milk of Magnesia

A. Alka-Seltzer

ALCA-SELTZER

A. Alka-Seltzer

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz - Alka-Seltzer debuted the slogan "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" in 1970.

Source: various web sites.

phkrause
On 8/28/2019 at 3:53 PM, phkrause said:

What is the only nation in the world that averages more than one car per person?

San Marino

SAN MARINO

San Marino is the correct answer

phkrause

Which country has the most active volcanoes in the world?

Indonesia??

INDONESIA

Answer: According to the United States Geological Survey, approximately 1,500 potentially active volcanoes exist on land around the globe. Indonesia remains the country most at risk of another deadly volcanic eruption. The most famous is Krakatoa, now called Anak Krakatau (“Child of Krakatoa”), where on August 26, 1883, what was likely the greatest eruption in recorded history took place. Indonesia has 173 active volcanoes, most on the suture line where Eurasian and Australian plates collide along Java, Sumatra, and Bali. Because of this, Indonesia is the single densest and most active volcanic region in the world.

phkrause

What is the most valuable sports franchise in the world?

Dallas Cowboys?? I don't know why!!

phkrause

Which neighborhood can be found in both London and New York City?

Chelsea

phkrause

What is the most valuable sports franchise in the world?

Dallas Cowboys?? I don't know why!!

Answer: Each year, Forbes publishes a list of the most valuable 50 sports franchises across the world. All of the teams on the list this year were American, except the soccer teams which were all from Europe. The Dallas Cowboys are the world’s most valuable sports franchise for the fourth-straight year, and the only one worth $5 billion - despite not having won a Super Bowl since 1996. The New York Yankees are just behind the Cowboys with a value of $4.6 billion. Joining the Cowboys and Yankees in the top five are soccer teams Real Madrid ($4.24 billion) and Barcelona ($4.02 billion), and the New York Knicks ($4 billion) of the NBA.

phkrause

The dog sled race called Iditarod is held in which U.S. state?

Alaska?

The dog sled race called Iditarod is held in which U.S. state?

Your Answer: Alaska

Correct Answer: Alaska

phkrause
18 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which neighborhood can be found in both London and New York City?

Chelsea

6 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

CHELSEA

Answer: Chelsea is a neighborhood on the West Side of the borough of Manhattan in New York City. The district's boundaries are roughly 14th Street to the south, the Hudson River and West Street to the west, and Sixth Avenue to the east, with its northern boundary variously described as near the upper 20s or 34th Street. Chelsea is also an affluent area of South West London, bounded to the south by the River Thames. Chelsea is home to one of the largest communities of Americans living outside the United States, with 6% of Chelsea residents being born in the U.S.

phkrause

Which author created secret agent James Bond?

Ian Fleming?

phkrause

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" is a classic line from what movie sequel?

The Godfather Part ll

ps:secondary question is, do you know who said those words and to whom did he say them??