Kingdom of Adventistan
phkrause

Trivia Quiz?

phkrause
21 hours ago, phkrause said:

In which U.S. city did the term "Black Friday" originate?

Philadelphia

17 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

PHILADELPHIA

Answer: The name “Black Friday” originated in Philadelphia, when it was coined by the Philadelphia Police Department in 1966 to describe the chaos caused by massive traffic jams, car accidents and congested sidewalks that resulted from the shopping day after Thanksgiving. Contemporary use of the term now refers to it as the point in the year at which retailers begin to turn a profit, thus going from being "in the red" to being "in the black". Since 2006, there have been 11 deaths and 108 injuries as a result of Black Friday events.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

phkrause
18 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which U.S. state raises the most turkeys?

Minnesota

17 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

MINNESOTA

Answer: There are roughly 100 million turkeys that live on farms across the United States. On Thanksgiving, we’re expected to eat 46 million of them. The latest 2016 numbers from the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service shows that two-thirds of turkeys produced in the U.S. hail from six states. Minnesota leads the nation in turkey production, with 49 million turkeys. Next is North Carolina, with 33 million turkeys. Arkansas, Indiana, Missouri, and Virginia round out the list, with each state contributing more than 15 million turkeys annually.

phkrause
15 hours ago, phkrause said:

What is the capital city of Pennsylvania?

Allentown, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, or Philadelphia

Harrisburg

What is the capital city of Pennsylvania?

Your Answer: Harrisburg

Correct Answer: Harrisburg

phkrause

When does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving?

I'm actually not going to answer this one! Want to see how many Canadians know the answer to this one??

phkrause

A Museum honoring the work of what TV icon is located in Mount Airy, North Carolina?

dgrimm60

PHKRAUSE

most  Canadians  should  now  ====I  also  know

it  falls  on  and other  holiday  the  U.S.  celebrates

dgrimm60

phkrause
21 hours ago, phkrause said:

When does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving?

I'm actually not going to answer this one! Want to see how many Canadians know the answer to this one??

10 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

most  Canadians  should  now  ====I  also  know it  falls  on  and other  holiday  the  U.S.  celebrates

Obviously not dgrimm!! Doesn't seem any know and they really don't care?????

Answer: Thanksgiving comes to Canada first. And on a Monday, to boot. Thanksgiving is celebrated each year on the second Monday of October in Canada and celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year. Thanksgiving has been officially celebrated as an annual holiday in Canada since November 6, 1879, when Parliament declared a national day of thanksgiving. Its date has moved around several times, but in 1957, Thanksgiving was proclaimed an annual event to occur on the second Monday of October. In Canada, Thanksgiving falls on the same day as Columbus Day in the United States.

phkrause
20 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which does a mycologist study?

Birds, Ocean, Fungus, or Bactria

Fungus

FUNGUS

Which does a mycologist study?

Your Answer: Fungus

Correct Answer: Fungus

phkrause
13 hours ago, phkrause said:

A Museum honoring the work of what TV icon is located in Mount Airy, North Carolina?

ANDY  GRIFFITH

Answer: The Andy Griffith Museum is dedicated to the life and career of actor, television producer, and singer Andy Griffith. The museum, which houses the world's largest collection of Andy Griffith memorabilia, is located in Griffith's hometown of Mount Airy, North Carolina. Much of the museum's collection was acquired by Griffith's friend and the founder of Andy Griffith Museum, Emmett Forrest. A large portion of the museum includes pieces from the sets of The Andy Griffith Show, which aired from 1960 to 1968, and the Matlock television series. The 2,500-square-foot museum is adjacent to the Andy Griffith Playhouse.

phkrause

Which website created the term "Cyber Monday" during the 2005 holiday season?

Shop.org

phkrause
On 12/2/2019 at 9:43 AM, phkrause said:

Which website created the term "Cyber Monday" during the 2005 holiday season?

Shop.org

14 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

SHOP.ORG

Answer: Cyber Monday is a marketing term for the Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States. The term "Cyber Monday" was invented by a marketing team at Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation. The term made its debut on November 28, 2005 in a Shop.org press release entitled Cyber Monday Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year”. According to Scott Silverman, the head of Shop.org, the idea was to provide online retailers with a catchy hook to match the brick-and-mortar shopping frenzy fueled by mention of Black Friday savings.

phkrause

Which of these TV shows famously aired a series finale that abruptly cuts to black?

The Sopranos

phkrause

What is the name of Celine Dion's famous song from the Titanic soundtrack?

I'm Alive, My Heart Will Go On, All By Myself, or Because You Loved Me

My Heart Will Go On

phkrause

Which item was invented by a secretary and later sold for $47 million dollars?

How about Post-it-Note

phkrause
23 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which of these TV shows famously aired a series finale that abruptly cuts to black?

The Sopranos

Answer: The Sopranos' abrupt cut-to-black ending remains one of the most controversial series finales in TV history. Created by David Chase, The Sopranos centers on the life of Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), an Italian-American mobster who attempts to balance his family life with being a mafia boss. The series finale had millions of viewers across America genuinely convinced that they were experiencing a cable outage. Chase left audiences in a state of confusion when the screen abruptly cut to black mid-scene and held there for 11 seconds before the final credits started rolling. The infamous final scene left the fate of Tony Soprano ambiguous, dividing fans between those who thought he lived and those who thought he died.

phkrause
23 hours ago, phkrause said:

I'm Alive, My Heart Will Go On, All By Myself, or Because You Loved Me

My Heart Will Go On

12 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

MY HEART WILL GO  ON

Your Answer: My Heart Will Go On

Correct Answer: My Heart Will Go On

phkrause
14 hours ago, phkrause said:

Which item was invented by a secretary and later sold for $47 million dollars?

How about Post-it-Note

12 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

I  will  go  along  with     POST-IT-NOTES

Answer: Like many women in the 1950s, Bette Nesmith Graham made a living as a secretary. The problem was that she wasn’t a good typist, and kept making mistakes. So she began experimenting with ways to cover up errors. She mixed ingredients such as white tempera water-based paint in her kitchen blender and painted over her mistakes with a thin paintbrush. She began marketing her typewriter correction fluid as "Mistake Out". The name was later changed to Liquid Paper. In 1979, she sold Liquid Paper to the Gillette Corporation for $47.5 million. Her son, Michael Nesmith, would also find fame as a member of the rock band The Monkees.

phkrause

What was the first and only band to play on all 7 continents?

Metallica