Kingdom of Adventistan
phkrause

Trivia Quiz?

Gregory Matthews

People who own their own automobiles, free of debt, and face a financial emergency often obtain a 30 day loan on the title to their vehicle.  Most of these people are unable to pay the loan off within the 30 day period and renew the loan for a new 30 day period.  Due to this cycle of renew with renewal fees, what is the true interest rate that is commonly paid for these loans?

1)  25%

2)  50%

3)  75%

4)  100%

For the actual answer to this question, see:    http://www.wfsb.com/story/32001787/study-finds-high-rate-of-repossessions-in-auto-title-loans

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Gregory Matthews

Over the years, 53 people have been pictured on U.S. Currency.    One of those persons was a female.  Who was that first woman to be pictured on such:

1)  Sojourner Truth

2)  Pocahontus

3)  Martha Washington

4)  Margaret Sanger

For a listing of all 53 people see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

Outta Here
8 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Over the years, 53 people have been pictured on U.S. Currency.    One of those persons was a female.  Who was that first woman to be pictured on such:

1)  Sojourner Truth

2)  Pocahontus

3)  Martha Washington

4)  Margaret Sanger

For a listing of all 53 people see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

Lucy Holcombe Pickens was first to be on paper currency used in the United States. Pocahontas was second (depicted on the back) and Martha Washington was third (depicted on the front of the bill). Sacagawea, Susan B. Anthony and Helen Keller have been circulating on coins for a while now too. Further, there have been 4 more women depicted on non-circulating, legal U.S. tender: Queen Isabella of Spain, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, Eleanor Dare and Virginia Dare. Since the inception of the "First Spouses" coin collection there have been 36 more women depicted on legal, U.S. tender. 

Outta Here
1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

People who own their own automobiles, free of debt, and face a financial emergency often obtain a 30 day loan on the title to their vehicle.  Most of these people are unable to pay the loan off within the 30 day period and renew the loan for a new 30 day period.  Due to this cycle of renew with renewal fees, what is the true interest rate that is commonly paid for these loans?

1)  25%

2)  50%

3)  75%

4)  100%

For the actual answer to this question, see:    http://www.wfsb.com/story/32001787/study-finds-high-rate-of-repossessions-in-auto-title-loans

At 300% per year, their nominal interest rate (rate per period) is close to 26.5%,

Outta Here
2 hours ago, phkrause said:

Q:Based on biting and fatality statistics, which of these dog breeds does not appear in the top 10 most dangerous breeds?

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

If I didn't know a couple of Mastiffs, I'dve guessed the St. Bernard, but the Mastiffs are really sweet! So, I don't know!

Gregory Matthews

Aubrey,  Females on U.S. currency:

Thanks for the information.

Your post was interesting.

Liz
3 hours ago, phkrause said:

Q:Based on biting and fatality statistics, which of these dog breeds does not appear in the top 10 most dangerous breeds?

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

I've known a few of each of these breeds, so I'm going to guess the Great Dane, because each Dane I've met thought he was a lap dog.

phkrause
11 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

1)  Sojourner Truth

2)  Pocahontus

3)  Martha Washington

4)  Margaret Sanger

3-Martha Washington would be my guess

phkrause
12 hours ago, phkrause said:

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

C. Mastiff

All these breeds except the Mastiff appear on the most dangerous list, compiled in a 20-year study for the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.

Gail

About the currency, I would say Martha Washington, too. She's just as ancient as Jefferson, Ben Franklin and the rest.

I think that Soujourner Truth is going to appear on the 20s soon, isn't she?

phkrause
On 5/18/2016 at 7:31 PM, phkrause said:

Question: What was the world's most populous city, around the beginning of the 20th century?

Answer: London, England

phkrause

Q:When ordered straight off the menu in a Venti size, which of the following Starbucks menu items has the most calories?

A. Café Americano
B. Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
C. Pumpkin Spice Latte
D. Peppermint Mocha

Outta Here

My guess is the Mocha Cookie Crumble...that's chocolate and cookies, right?? (I don't do any kind of coffee, but I'm guessing that chocolate and cookies would pack a punch!)

phkrause
22 hours ago, Aubrey said:

My guess is the Mocha Cookie Crumble...that's chocolate and cookies, right?? (I don't do any kind of coffee, but I'm guessing that chocolate and cookies would pack a punch!)

You are correct

Answer: B. Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino

The Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is a hefty 590 calories, consisting of mocha sauce, vanilla syrup and Frappuccino chips, blended with Frappuccino roast, milk, and ice. The drink is topped with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.

phkrause

Q:Which of the following musicians made the most money in 2015?

A. Taylor Swift
B. Garth Brooks
C. The Eagles
D. One Direction

phkrause
19 hours ago, phkrause said:

Q:Which of the following musicians made the most money in 2015?

A. Taylor Swift
B. Garth Brooks
C. The Eagles
D. One Direction

Easy- Taylor Swift

Ya think????

Answer: D. One Direction

While all these artists rank in the top 15 of Forbes' highest-paid musicians, the now-defunct One Direction clocks in at #4, just behind musician Katy Perry, who nabbed the #3 spot, fyi.

Source: various web sites.

phkrause

Q:Which is the most downloaded iPad/iPhone free app ever?

A. Facebook
B. Spotify Music
C. Google Maps
D. Instagram

GayatfootofCross
4 hours ago, phkrause said:

Easy- Taylor Swift

Ya think????

Answer: D. One Direction

While all these artists rank in the top 15 of Forbes' highest-paid musicians, the now-defunct One Direction clocks in at #4, just behind musician Katy Perry, who nabbed the #3 spot, fyi.

Source: various web sites.

defunct?

o dear

It reminds me of when Wham broke up.

Oh the inhumanity!