Kingdom of Adventistan
LadyRachelLynn

I'm new here.

LadyRachelLynn

Stan Jensen sent me the link to here, thinking I like to join, so far, it seems pretty cool.  I go by LadyRachelLynn, just about everywhere online.  I'm a single mom to 4 kids.  I have been raised SDA but in the last 20 years found my Jewish roots and have become a Jewish Adventist as well.  I look forward to getting to know people here.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Nan

Welcome.....LadyRachelLyn.  I have been a member here, it seems like forever, and met some great friends....hope you can

do the same.

JoeMo

Hi LadyRachelLyn.

You are welcome here.  Even though I am an SDA, I enjoy visiting the Messianic Jewish congregation here in Denver on Jewish Feast Days and Shabbat.  You will find several like believers here (if and when they get on here).

dgrimm60

LADYRACHELLYN

well come and  glad  you    joined  this  forum-----i  hope  you  came  back  soon and  post on  any topic  that  interests   you

dgrimm60

LadyRachelLynn

Thank you all for your welcoming welcome!  Its hard to tell in this little profile picture, but I'm looking upwards at the gecko on my head.  The other thing I ddn't put into my introduction is that I love reptiles (animals of any kind, but currently have several reptiles as pets as my allergy kid isn't allergic to them.)

Martn
On 5/31/2016 at 0:47 AM, LadyRachelLynn said:

I love reptiles

My favorites are FROGS and turtles.

Legally blind as a child, I could catch frogs just by following their scent, something my Roma Gypsy aunt taught me. Can't smell them now, that I'm grown, but still remember the scent.

I'm Jewish too, mostly on my mother's mother's side, going way back on both sides. A Mormon Adventist Jew, I'm a Mormon who returned to his Jewish roots and discovered Sister White, whom I love.

LadyRachelLynn

I would LOVE to learn how to "Smell" animals like that.  Amazing.  I'm glad my kids get to learn how to handle all these creatures, frogs near the church, reptiles here, animals when we go other places.  I also love when I teach reptile classes the kids who brave up past their parents fears to touch the critters and even hold them.  Its amazing to me to be able to introduce the animals that carry such a poor reputation and show people how awesome they really are.

A Mormon/Adventist Jew, wow!  What a description!

Edited by LadyRachelLynn
forgot something.

LifeHiscost

Welcome, and it seems as if you've found many friends already.

Commenting on the observation below, I'm waiting for the time when next event happens.

A Mormon/Adventist Jew, wow!  What a description!  

27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.…Galatians 3

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :D

Martn

If we follow Jesus, truly fully follow Jesus the Jew, then we are Jews. Not just figuratively, but literally (religiously/spiritually) Jews. In every way that any observant Jew can be. We are grafted into their tree, rather than the other way around, as Paul says. In that case the promises can become ours too. Even if Jews in general might not yet recognize us as such. For Jesus is our rabbi.

However, that would mean a level of religious commitment which most Christians (and most Jews too, these days) are not quite willing to make. In that case, Judaism teaches that one does not have to be Jewish in order to be saved. If one merely follows the basic code of good conduct, the Noachide code (actually quoted as authority in Acts 15:20, 28, 29, even as it appears in the Talmud to this day), one still will be saved and need not be Jewish.

LadyRachelLynn
22 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.…Galatians 3

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :D

I do not believe this verse means we do not recognize each other's backgrounds or where they came from, but rather that we rejoice that they too are in the fold of G-d.  We can look around and accept everyone that G-d has saved, without judging them, without treating them as more or less according to who they are or where they came from.  We can welcome them in to "Abraham's seed" as an heir according to the promise.

LifeHiscost
8 hours ago, LadyRachelLynn said:

I do not believe this verse means we do not recognize each other's backgrounds or where they came from, but rather that we rejoice that they too are in the fold of G-d.  We can look around and accept everyone that G-d has saved, without judging them, without treating them as more or less according to who they are or where they came from.  We can welcome them in to "Abraham's seed" as an heir according to the promise.

Recognizing who they are and where they came from is somewhat different than recognizing what they are doing. I like your footnote, " I am Nobody, Nobody is perfect, therefore, I am perfect."

Personally I'm more satisfied with this conclusion below.

16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son......John 3

God is Love!~Jesus saves! Hope you're having a :happysabbath:

Jeannieb43

Speaking of pet reptiles, my 11-year-old granddaughter has a pet gecko.   She's had him 3 or 4 years and takes really good care of him.   I can't bear to touch him, but I'm glad she likes him.  When he molts, it gets rather "ugh-gh-y" for me.