Kingdom of Adventistan
rocky06

Could you pray for me?

rocky06

I'm an only child and I have no close friends from school or church. I just couldn't relate to my peers who already reached puberty and I never did because I have kallmann syndrome (so I look like a teenager and sound like a woman, good grief). I have no close family other than an overprotective dad (his family are all in Peru). My mom passed away in 2014 and I only know about two of her older siblings who live on opposite ends of the United States (they rarely ever contact me to even say hello). 

I started college in New York and didn't quite finish my 2 year degree when I moved to Pennsylvania. We had to move because my dad couldn't afford the rent. I transferred to the nearest college, but the credits for my major (paralegal studies) weren't transferable, so I had to pick a different major (I picked pre-law).  Then I transferred to a private college, my federal Pell grant ran out, and I ended up in nearly $40,000 of student and by this time I didn't even like my major anymore (criminal justice) so I graduated with a bachelor's degree in liberal studies (I also took some business courses). My bachelor's degree isn't really helping me get a job and I haven't learned to drive because my dad refuses to let me (so you can imagine how many jobs that prevents me from getting).

I still live with my dad, who is a self-employed financial counselor and also gets paid retirement. He doesn't have much income and I don't have any stable income either. We both eat using my food stamps.

My dad has bought into some crazy conspiracy theory that says the government created a fictitious person (or "straw man") corresponding to each newborn citizen with bank accounts holding thousands to millions of dollars (and that it can be reclaimed and be used to eliminate one's debt). He's also bought to scam that involves getting currency from poor country, expecting it to be re-evaluated to an exponentially higher value. If that wasn't enough, my dad is also suffering from a delusion about an old Honduran lady who he met in Venezuela before he met my mom. He claims she's always praying for him so they can get back together, although she denies this. My dad happened to find her work number.  Not sure what to make of that, but makes me worried if he's got some loose screws in his head. Other than that, my dad is generally a good sincere guy who hates seeing injustice in the world, which is probably how he got fooled into believing the conspiracy theory I mentioned.

When I'm not job hunting, I often use the internet as an escape from my problems, usually watching minecraft gaming videos (I'm embarrassed to even say that). I know that's no good, but I just don't know what to do with myself while jobless.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

rudywoofs (Pam)

aww.. Rocky06, there's a lot of people here who will pray for you...  And welcome to Club Adventist!

And stick around here — we try to post interesting things.  And take a look at the various topics...maybe you'll find one to join in with, or even start your own topic for discussion.

Facebook is also (usually) a good place to find friends and see interesting things.  Outside of online activities, are you close to any facilities where you might volunteer in areas that are interesting to you?  Volunteer activities look very good on resumes for work.

rocky06

I do have a facebook with contacts with old friends and even people from church, but I just don't seem to know how start or stay engaged in a conversation without it becoming one-sided (either I'll talk too much or I get bored and don't talk much at all)..

Other than gaming (something I feel guilty about because I haven't told my dad about it), I like editing and sharing videos. I recently started a youtube channel for my local church and I also help at church with the sound or the projector (I take turns on either of them). I also volunteer at a local public school as a reading tutor.

I like anything that involves using technology, as long as it has nothing to do with programming anything (programming courses easily go right over my head and leave me perplexed). 

dgrimm60

ROCKY06

WELCOME AND GREETINGS TO YOU ----

when you  get on  the  internet  you can  log in to this  site there are  very  interesting  people that  post  here

i  will be praying for  you  for you  situation 

dgrimm60

LifeHiscost
12 hours ago, rocky06 said:

When I'm not job hunting, I often use the internet as an escape from my problems, usually watching minecraft gaming videos (I'm embarrassed to even say that). I know that's no good, but I just don't know what to do with myself while jobless.

Rocky6, my best suggestion for anyone, especially with disappointment in life is to read the Word of God and find and start memorizing as many of the promises He has left us and then claim them for yourself, as they are for all who choose and accept them for themselves.

27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father,  and no one knows the Father except the Son  and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls .… Matthew 11

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D   :prayer::offtobed:

rocky06
On 12/9/2016 at 10:57 PM, LifeHiscost said:

Rocky6, my best suggestion for anyone, especially with disappointment in life is to read the Word of God and find and start memorizing as many of the promises He has left us and then claim them for yourself, as they are for all who choose and accept them for themselves.

27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father,  and no one knows the Father except the Son  and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls .… Matthew 11

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D   :prayer::offtobed:

Very good point and yet a poor social life can also cripple your devotional life (see Steps to Christ, page 101). I suppose I just worry too much about how people perceive me, maybe that's why I have no social life. I suppose I should look up bible promises on courage or something like that... I never really considered much about what bible promises to actually claim.in my personal life.

dgrimm60

ROCKY06

does you  church  have socials  for  lunch  after  the  church  services---that  might be  a  start  to  socialize with  church  members   even if  it  with  older church  members

also  even  though this  web  site is  just  talking  with  people on  line at least  these  people are willing to  talk about the  bible

so that  is  a  start-------I AM STILL PRAYING  FOR THIS SITUATION 

dgrimm60

rocky06
4 hours ago, dgrimm60 said:

ROCKY06

does you  church  have socials  for  lunch  after  the  church  services---that  might be  a  start  to  socialize with  church  members   even if  it  with  older church  members

also  even  though this  web  site is  just  talking  with  people on  line at least  these  people are willing to  talk about the  bible

so that  is  a  start-------I AM STILL PRAYING  FOR THIS SITUATION 

dgrimm60

My church only has lunch after service on the second Sabbath of the month (may be rescheduled in the case of a special event). Sometimes after potluck, there might even be program where a member will talk about a bible topic.

My church has a few other activities, such as prayer meetings, a prophecy bible study group (which currently isn't meeting until after winter), and a youth program on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month from October to June.

LifeHiscost
4 hours ago, rocky06 said:

My church only has lunch after service on the second Sabbath of the month (may be rescheduled in the case of a special event). Sometimes after potluck, there might even be program where a member will talk about a bible topic.

My church has a few other activities, such as prayer meetings, a prophecy bible study group (which currently isn't meeting until after winter), and a youth program on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month from October to June.

The more friends we have the more life is going to be worth living. However, there is only One Who has all the answers you can't live without and even though many works of importance may be accomplished as a result of what one learns, one essential element is required beyond all others if one wishes to receive the joy of everlasting life.

21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’… Matthew 7

OTOH, knowing Jesus on a personal level promises this not to be forgotten experience.

14Sing, O daughter of Zion;

shout aloud, O Israel!

Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,

O daughter of Jerusalem!

15For the Lord will remove his hand of judgment

and will disperse the armies of your enemy.

And the Lord himself, the King of Israel,

will live among you!

At last your troubles will be over......Zephaniah 3

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

and you will never again fear disaster.

16On that day the announcement to Jerusalem will be,

“Cheer up, Zion! Don’t be afraid!

17For the Lord your God is living among you.

He is a mighty savior.

He will take delight in you with gladness.

With his love, he will calm all your fears.b

He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

LifeHiscost
10 hours ago, Jessie-Jess said:

Do you spend much time in prayer and reading the Bible? 

16Rejoice at all times. 17Pray without ceasing. 18Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.… 1 Thessalonians

My wife and I have worship, although often not a lengthy amount of time, allowing the reading of usually a minimum  of  3 chapters a day, one OT chapter and two NT. When I was young some incidents occurred that made my plans for making heaven my home very unlikely, at least in my mind.

I felt any hope I had to work satisfactorily enough to become good enough for heaven was very sketchy, but one thing I knew from a promise in the Word.

12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. ....Jeremiah 29

I concluded if I kept my eye and mind fixed upon the Person Who made the promises, that would be my best hope of learning and becoming  sure I knew when He was speaking and would be able to distinguish between the voice of the enemy of souls and the Prince of peace. I spend a lot of time giving thanks during the day when things happen worthy of my thanks to the Princes' efforts on our behalf, especially when I consider there are 40,000,000 people going to bed at night malnourished, and many among the most helpless.

Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. That's about one in nine people on earth.   

15He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil; 16He will dwell on the heights, His refuge will be the impregnable rock; His bread will be given him, His water will be sure. ...Isaiah 33

Keep looking up!

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D   :prayer:

rocky06

Well now my dad refuses to fellowship. We went to a spanish church this sabbath and he refused to have lunch.... he's completely stubborn and won't listen to reason, and seems to regard fellowship and having lunch at church as as "begging". I don't think I know anyone as asocial as my dad.

rudywoofs (Pam)
1 hour ago, rocky06 said:

Well now my dad refuses to fellowship. We went to a spanish church this sabbath and he refused to have lunch.... he's completely stubborn and won't listen to reason, and seems to regard fellowship and having lunch at church as as "begging". I don't think I know anyone as asocial as my dad.

I know several people who feel that way.  It usually has to do with their own personal history and experience.

Gregory Matthews

The Internet has a lot on Kallmann Syndrome.  One such website that will help people to understand what such a person  faces is:

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/kallmann-syndrome

In understanding what such a person faces, one can be better helped to relate to people who have that condition. In addition, a proper understanding will alert people to the areas in which clinical treatment can either reduce or eliminate some of the problems that such people may face.

There is a saying that:  If you could only walk in my shoes. . . .

Well, in my thinking, understanding what such people face is a small step in walking in their shoes.

NOTE:  For an in depth understanding, one will need to access more websites than the one that I have listed.

Gregory Matthews

There is another issue present here in this thread.  In just about every aspect of human life ordinary people exhibit a range.  This is true whether the subject is sexuality or anatomy.  The box in which humans exist is not a narrow as some people may think. 

We may define people who have a specific basket of human attributes as having a specific syndrome.  Those people may be unique in that they have that specific basket of human attributes.  Many, even if not all, of  those attributes may constitute part of that range that humanity has. 

As I looked at the websites for Kallmann Syndrome I saw indictors that are within the usual range that exists within humanity. 

We humans are all different.  But, we are more similar than we are different.  We are all human and of value.  Our differences neither devalue us nor do they make us less human.