Kingdom of AdventiStan
CoAspen

Let the fun begin!!(Trump Time)

joeb    331
joeb
On 1/29/2017 at 10:57 PM, Bravus said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders#Consolidated_list_by_President

Obama absolutely did not set the precedent on numbers of executive orders: he issued fewer than any other president since Gerald Ford. (George H W Bush issued 166 in his 4 years in office, which equates to 332 in 8 years, which all of the other presidents have served.) Obama issues fewer than G W Bush and more than 100 fewer than Reagan. He issued an average of 0.09 per day.

By way of contrast, Trump has to date issued an average of 1.78 per day, almost 20 TIMES (2000%) Obama's rate.

Blaming this on the previous president simply will not fly.

Who said anything about the number of executive orders?  I didn't. 

It was the type of executive orders that Obama was implementing.  He violated the constitution on a regular basis with what he was doing.  He was basically rewriting legislative law which is something the constitution does not allow the executive branch to do.  That is the sole prerogative of the legislative branch of the government. His behavior was so egregious that even a Supreme Court heavily biased towards his ideology slapped him down numerous times.  Even with that he got away with far too much.  The president is not to be a king or dictator.  The constitution was designed deliberately to create a weak executive branch and the US has moved a long ways away from that.

Gary K    102
Gary K

I would say that the trust of the American public in the news media was destroyed long before Donald Trump hit the political scene.  Urban dwellers might now be having problems believing the media, but rural America has long ago lost faith in the news media. 

debbym    1,173
debbym

there is a dark side to this administration.  it is causing discomfort to many and at the same time causing others delight....

this is the era of the rise and acceptance of the intentionally placed radical political lie(s). truth doesn't matter any more.  But something else does... and what is that?

causes me to ask so what truth is the important truth... then what truths will protect lives and what lies cost them.  Human government... so full of our foibles and errors and strengths.

the drama-rama is on.  what started as a hilarious clown act seems to becoming a revoltin' development, playing fears and pride and prejudice against each other.  Divide and conquer comes to mind.

i have to turn my heart over to God along with all the panorama of the American stew pot of politics today.  

I am so glad God really has the whole world in His hands.

debbym    1,173
debbym

since when is a global corporate prince equipped to rule

in the free world.

phkrause    1,964
phkrause
On 5/25/2017 at 11:53 PM, CoAspen said:

Personally I have no problem with anyone saying, believing, that God allowed Trump to win! Because as we've said many times here, that God sets up Kings(presidents) etc., and takes them down, etc.! But to actually say that he supports a particular president, candidate, goes far beyond that saying!!