Kingdom of AdventiStan
The Wanderer

Singing Of The Birds

Gary K    102
Gary K

Wanderer,

I really like your photography in this.  Outstanding.

The audio had a problem though.  It was scratchy and what I can only describe as "bumpy" or "fluttery".  I don't know if it was because of the software I am using and it doesn't stream well over the internet or what what exactly was going on, maybe internet congestion or something.  I was using what is called VLC, an open source media player and it has always played mp4 files very well.  I have a pretty fast, always above 40mbps, connection so I don't think the streaming part was on my end, though it could be.

The Wanderer    1,431
The Wanderer
7 hours ago, Gary K said:

Wanderer,

The audio had a problem though.  It was scratchy and what I can only describe as "bumpy" or "fluttery".  I don't know if it was because of the software I am using and it doesn't stream well over the internet or what what exactly was going on, maybe internet congestion or something.  I was using what is called VLC, an open source media player and it has always played mp4 files very well.  I have a pretty fast, always above 40mbps, connection so I don't think the streaming part was on my end, though it could be.

Thank you Gary. I have that media player as well as several others. The VLC, for some reason, does not play some things quite right. I use Windows Media Player and it works fine. I have never heard anyone else say they had trouble with the sound. The music on that video is a high quality file, I actually paid a few bucks to have a license for use of this song, and so I am pretty sure it is not the file itself. :)

Gary K    102
Gary K
47 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Thank you Gary. I have that media player as well as several others. The VLC, for some reason, does not play some things quite right. I use Windows Media Player and it works fine. I have never heard anyone else say they had trouble with the sound. The music on that video is a high quality file, I actually paid a few bucks to have a license for use of this song, and so I am pretty sure it is not the file itself. :)

I am assuming, since you use Windows Media player, that we use different OS's and often these programs behave differently on different OS's.  I am running VLC on Linux and it has never given me a problem with any kind of audio file.  I will, however, use a different option and see what happens.

The Wanderer    1,431
The Wanderer
5 hours ago, Gary K said:

Wanderer,

I tried it again with Xine and VLC, and it worked fine with both.  It must have been network congestion causing packet loss.  First time I have had that on such a fast connection.

You are a brave man learning and using Linux. I have used it in the past, but decided to not invest any more time and effort on it, so I am back on Windows 7 for most things. I like Ubuntu when I do run Linux. What do you usually run on?

Gary K    102
Gary K

I have tried several distros.  I tried Fedora, Mandriva, Mandrake, Damn Small LInux, Ubuntu, and Gentoo.  I settled on Debian about 15 years ago and haven't looked back.  Linux is how my brain works.  I always found Windows a disorganized mess and things just never made sense like Linux does to me.  From the first time I tried it I knew it was what I was going to end up using.  It was just what computing was supposed to be as far as I was concerned.

As to software, you might try a couple of open source programs with your photography bit.  It's a whole lot cheaper.  Try GIMP, Fotoxx, and Hugin.  GIMP is a power graphics program along the lines of Adobe.  Fotoxx is a photo manipulating program.  Very easy to learn.  Hugin is very powerful.  It is panorama software that allows you to stitch multiple exposures together to create panoramas.  I have one I shot of the Lewiston/Clarkston valley a few years back that is 150 MB in size made up of about 10 exposures.  I printed it at about half size one time just to see how large it would be and it was 11" high and about 40 inches long.  Pretty cool. Taken from on top of the Lewiston grade I could see my house in the panorama when viewing it at 100% size.  It must have been at least 3 miles away.  I shot it with a 17-51 zoom lens on a Sigma SD14 mounted on a tripod. 

LifeHiscost    636
LifeHiscost
On 3/2/2017 at 6:55 AM, Gary K said:

Wanderer,

Sound and visual came in beautifully on my Windows 10.

“Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?[a] And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows....Luke 12

phkrause    1,964
phkrause
On 2/24/2017 at 1:52 AM, The Wanderer said:

I made this video using all pictures of birds that I took. I hope this message will be shared with many who need to hear it!

Awesome video!! I love birds. When we lived in Massachusetts, we got tons of birds feeding in our bird feeders. Down here in Florida, even though we have not gotten a feeder as of yet, I don't see as many birds. We have to move by the end of the month, the house we are renting is being sold, so hopefully at the new place I will get back to putting up feeders and have the pleasure of watching Gods wonderful feathered creatures coming around!!

The Wanderer    1,431
The Wanderer
2 hours ago, phkrause said:

Awesome video!! I love birds. When we lived in Massachusetts, we got tons of birds feeding in our bird feeders. Down here in Florida, even though we have not gotten a feeder as of yet, I don't see as many birds. We have to move by the end of the month, the house we are renting is being sold, so hopefully at the new place I will get back to putting up feeders and have the pleasure of watching Gods wonderful feathered creatures coming around!!

Its awesome to see that this video is still online encouraging people!!

You should keep in mind that it is not just feeders, but also plants, flowers, and trees that can attract birds to your yard. I don't know the Florida vegetation too well but here, I have given people advise as to what to plant. It is known that certain birds are very attracted to very specific plants. So all you need to do is find out first, what birds live in your area, and then, what plants/food do they like. It is quite possible to plant to attract the birds you like most. :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.