Kingdom of Adventistan

Reminds me of Daniel

Watching the news last evening, with all the frenzy of the Democrats over Trump and everything he does or says, it reminded me of Daniel (the prime minister of MedoPersia) and how the other "wise men" worked soooooo hard to pull him down.  They even conspired to get him executed in the lion's den.  I hope Trump learns quickly, to depend upon the LORD.  And I hope the Dems don't end up in their own lion's den. 

14 hours ago, phkrause said:

You have to be kidding!! Your comparing trump to Daniel??????????

No!  I'm comparing the total commitment to bringing down a president, TO the conspiracy to remove (and literally kill) Daniel (the prime minister).  

I'm comparing the conspiracy against a ruler.  I'm NOT comparing the two men. 

• Like 2

• Members

He is bringing himself down, period!!!!! The difference here is that Daniel was a man of God, doing the Lord's work!!!!! I have no idea what Trump is doing??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

New books and OpEd articles are being published on the topic of 'The Case for Impeachment' of Donald Trump.  His actions mirror those of some of the previously impeached presidents.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2017 at 9:46 AM, 8thdaypriest said:

Watching the news last evening, with all the frenzy of the Democrats over Trump and everything he does or says, it reminded me of Daniel (the prime minister of MedoPersia) and how the other "wise men" worked soooooo hard to pull him down.  They even conspired to get him executed in the lion's den.  I hope Trump learns quickly, to depend upon the LORD.  And I hope the Dems don't end up in their own lion's den. 

8thday,

We don't often agree, but on this you are correct.  The witch hunt of Trump is very much like the smearing of Daniel.   Those who have questioned your analysis have done so using straw men.  They have ignored your point and twisted your words to mean something you never said, nor implied. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary K said:

8thday,

We don't often agree, but on this you are correct.  The witch hunt of Trump is very much like the smearing of Daniel.   Those who have questioned your analysis have done so using straw men.  They have ignored your point and twisted your words to mean something you never said, nor implied. 

I was NOT SAYING that Donald Trump is a "godly man".  (I very much doubt he is.)  I was just trying to picture the conspiracy against Daniel, and what popped into my mind was all the frenzy against President Trump.  That's it.  That's where the comparison ends. 

God also called Cyrus "His anointed".  The OT says very little concerning the character of Cyrus.  We know he led a powerful army, that probably killed thousands.  What we do know is that Cyrus was "anointed", chosen, empowered - by the LORD - to do a job, to return the Jews to their land, and to support the rebuilding of His Temple.  Cyrus' action preserved the Jews as a distinct people, and prepared the way for Messiah.

Isaiah 45:1 "Thus says the LORD to His anointed, To Cyrus, whose right hand I have held-- To subdue nations before him And loose the armor of kings, To open before him the double doors, So that the gates will not be shut:"

Can you say - with certainty - that the LORD has NOT "anointed" Donald Trump to do a job - that will end up supporting God's people in some way.  Perhaps bringing down some horrible dictator regime that persecutes HIS people.   We just don't know - yet. 

hmmm ..The same derision and mocking of Obama has come back ten fold.

(funny how that works)

Trump himself just kept on keeping on slamming the Prez for not actually being a real American with no basis.

I remember all the FOX poo and  fear and loathing in spades by the tea partyiers and my church and my work and my hometown. Everyone but my hedonistic liberal family it seems. :(

And  on the internet.

It was ruff to see the stonewalling compounded by  "wait n see no drama Obama"

and Obama kept his head held high and kept about the kings business.

unlike ..well u know

On 5/17/2017 at 9:43 AM, 8thdaypriest said:

No!  I'm comparing the total commitment to bringing down a president, TO the conspiracy to remove (and literally kill) Daniel (the prime minister).  

I'm comparing the conspiracy against a ruler.  I'm NOT comparing the two men. 

I appreciate that.

:)

I myself stopped putting up Anti Trump OP's on this forum awhile back. I see so many articles knocking his boo boo on the dirt on fb.

I stopped 99 percent of that on my own wall.

Even though there are a lot of things and words and policies out there of real concern to me and my pic of GOD and His Beloved.

I had to stop cause it wasn't good for my heart towards him and  .. o dear.. the dog pilings on him will and can work against us all that is HOLY!

20 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

God also called Cyrus "His anointed".  The OT says very little concerning the character of Cyrus.  We know he led a powerful army, that probably killed thousands.  What we do know is that Cyrus was "anointed", chosen, empowered - by the LORD - to do a job, to return the Jews to their land, and to support the rebuilding of His Temple.  Cyrus' action preserved the Jews as a distinct people, and prepared the way for Messiah.

Not only Cyrus but also Ahasuerus who married Esther and later appointed Mordecai as prime minster over the entire Persian empire. It was through the political intrigue at his court that God used the ruthless and cruel ruler of a world dominating empire to save His people. President Trump in all his defects is angelic compared to those guys. 

• Like 2

• Members

But none of those guys made fools of themselves! or had stupid things to say, day after day after day!!

• Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 1:58 PM, phkrause said:

But none of those guys made fools of themselves! or had stupid things to say, day after day after day!!

LOL.  So, if you don't like someone lying about them is just fine.  Great ethics there pkrause. 

• Members
On 7/4/2017 at 2:40 AM, The Wanderer said:

who on earth are you talking about here re "having stupid things to say, day after day?"

Well lets see, definitely not Daniel!!

• Like 2

On 7/2/2017 at 1:58 PM, phkrause said:

Are you sure about that, PK? According to historical transcripts, those guys also made stupid statements daily. And even if they didn't, would it worse to be a foolish talking President of a free Republic than a carefully enunciated, murderous ruler over a captive world? 

Two wrongs never make a right. So often peoploe try to make an issue " either-or", when it is neither, to distract from what is apparent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CoAspen said:

" either-or", when it is neither, to distract from what is apparent.

Sooo ... what is apparent - that DT is an @$$; that the radical left is trying to neutralize - even assassinate - DT, both of the above, or none of the above?  Time will tell.  I haven't yet decided where the election of DT will delay the time of the end, expedite it, or have no impact on it whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/2/2017 at 4:37 AM, doug yowell said:

Not only Cyrus but also Ahasuerus who married Esther and later appointed Mordecai as prime minster over the entire Persian empire. It was through the political intrigue at his court that God used the ruthless and cruel ruler of a world dominating empire to save His people. President Trump in all his defects is angelic compared to those guys. 

Aside that.. It's plain obvious DT totally aint no licker, with no fear to simply be his true self.. That's rather amazingly rare to find amongst public figures and politicians..

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 1:20 AM, Raphael said:

Aside that.. It's plain obvious DT totally aint no licker, with no fear to simply be his true self.. That's rather amazingly rare to find amongst public figures and politicians..

Speaking for myself who it is said that I do not bask n glow in lovely things to say about the man.

But regardless... if there is a pathology behind it or not.

I gotta say Raphael.

True Story!