Kingdom of Adventistan
Stan

The nature of the Holy Spirit

8thdaypriest
22 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Here's how I see it:

The pre-incarnate Christ always had the power to "put on flesh" (or at least the illusion of flesh).  He is God - He has the power to do whatever He wishes.  In His incarnation, He received the DNA for His physical body from Mary; and His "God" DNA from the Father.  He was 100% human and 100% divine.  Don't ask me how that works - I don't have a clue.

When Jesus died, I believe He was just as dead as anyone else.  Romans 8:11 talks about believers being alive in the Spirit as well:

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you."

When he rose from the dead, He had a glorified body - the same kind we will have when we are resurrected.  I believe He will be in that glorified immortal body when He returns to earth to set up His Kingdom.

To be "alive in the Spirit" means that the Spirit of God (the Father) "lives in you". 

The Spirit of God His Father "lived in" Christ.  How many times did He say "the Father who dwells in Me" (John 14:10). 

Only those who are indwelt by that Spirit can be raised to eternal life, with the "spiritual body". 

"the spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead"

Who raised Jesus from the dead?  Answer:  the Father

Galatians 1:1 "Paul, an apostle (not sent from men, nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead)," (NAS)

It is the spirit OF God the Father, flowing through Christ, that will raise the dead to immortality.

"He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you."

God the Father will raise the righteous dead to eternal life, because His own spirit lives in them. 

"his Spirit who lives in you"

The word translated as the personal "who", is a Greek word that can also be translated as the non-personal "which".

These few words can be understood in at least three ways.

"his Spirit" could be a third divine person "who" acts as the Father's omnipresence.

"his Spirit" could be the omnipresence of the Father Himself "who is above all, and through all, and in all".

"his Spirit" could be the glorified Christ who "was made a life giving spirit". 

Hence the debate for the last couple thousand years.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Aliensanctuary

Mary was indeed impregnated using technology beyond our realm. Not quite sure why it had to happen this way, other than to demonstrate the power of the Spirit of YHVH. I don't think that Jesus died to Self until his baptism by water and Spirit in the Jordan. With the Laws of the Kingdom downloaded into his mind at that time, it may not have been possible for him to transgress them or commit a selfish act. With his sense of Self gone and the Laws of YHVH locked into his mind, Jesus likely could never have been defeated by Satan unless he let his guard down.

On another note, when Moses threw down Aaron's rod and it became a serpent, it was a demonstration of the power of the Spirit turning something inanimate into something alive. The Egyptian magicians did a similar trick, so we should understand that Satan must have access to similar powers.

JoeMo
8 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

Mary was indeed impregnated using technology beyond our realm.

It wasn't alien technology.  It was a direct result of a supernatural act.  Jesus was not a Nephillim; He was the Son of God and God in the flesh.

The increasingly popular theory that gods were simply beings from another planet/star system who were for more advanced than us is a road to apostasy. I've watched "Ancient Aliens" and how cleverly they twist and weave scripture into their heretical theories. The "gods" (and the God) are extraterrestrial alien beings is only true in the sense that they did not originate on earth; or in the physical realm.  They are spirit/supernatural beings from the eternal spiritual realm.; not physical beings from another physical planet.

8thdaypriest

The teaching that "aliens" with star ships and advanced computer like communication systems, from a distant star system, came to earth and interacted with human beings, that Mary was impregnated by one of these alien beings - in my opinion,

IS the deception that Satan will use to deceive the whole world in the last days.

I believe that Satan (the son of perdition) will appear in a rebuilt Temple. He will "sit in the Temple of God, showing himself that he is God".

He will claim to be Christ returned - yes.  But he will also claim to be the Messiah, Buddha, the 12 Imam, etc. etc. 

He will be all things to all people - the messiah figure of every "religion".   He will claim that he has visited earth many times, in many centuries, in many cultures, to "help" human beings advance in their development. 

He will claim that earth is on the brink of self destruction, necessitating his appearance. 

The whole population of the earth will "worship him" (which means serve him) except those who have been "sealed by God the Father, and are preserved in Jesus Christ".  They will try to warn.  And for their efforts to warn against this being, they will be persecuted severely. 

"And when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things will be finished."  (Daniel 12). 

So you see.  All this talk of "alien" interaction is supporting the coming great deception.

JoeMo
37 minutes ago, 8thdaypriest said:

in my opinion,

IS the deception that Satan will use to deceive the whole world in the last days.

It is one of the more probable scenarios for the end.  Fallen angels posing as beings from the planet Omicron 4 over in the Delta Quadrant - 200 parsecs away.  They will get here using wormholes and hyper-warp drive.  RRRIIIGGGHHHT!

Yet, if it occurs that way, so many people will believe it.  And God will allow them to believe the deception.  Why? Because they refuse to believe the truth that is in Jesus Christ - the ONLY Name under heaven by which we may be saved.

Aliensanctuary

Much better to believe in miracles, then, rather than the technology of superior beings.

There are no miracles in the Bible except when someone decides to switch sides and serve YHVH. Spirit of YHVH technology is responsible for engineering and creating the fundamental particles of the universe, stars and planets, and life at the direction of YHVH.

Water-to-wine, healings, resurrections...technology all accomplished by the Spirit of YHVH. To gullible, primitive Earthlings, though, these are miracles.

APL
On 6/10/2017 at 7:36 AM, Stan said:

It is not essential for us to be able to define just what the Holy Spirit is. The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. - AA 52

Well put EGW

People get disfellowshipped for not knowing just what the Holy Spirit is, if you don't subscribe to church dogma, aka 28 FB, the think they know what the Spirit is.