Kingdom of Adventistan
Stan

The nature of the Holy Spirit

JoeMo

Good point Rahab.  Jesus "breathed" the Holy Spirit upon them.  To me this shows the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Christ.  If the HS was a separate entity, it would have come on its own - not out of Jesus' lungs. 

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

8thdaypriest

My personal belief is that the Great Spirit is the same being Jesus called "FATHER".   HE is the one God "above all, and through all, and in you all".

God beget a second being out of Himself.  That second being - the Son - then acted as the agent of His Father - in creation, in mediation, in redemption, in counseling/comforting/leading, in judgment, and in execution of judgment - all at the direction of His Father.  He modeled the Law, for angels as well as men to see.

When Christ was glorified - with the glory He had with the Father before the world existed - God poured Himself, into and through His Son, which enabled Christ to be omnipresent with us.  This is how "the last Adam was made a life giving spirit". 

This is where I am - at this point.  This is where I believe the weight of Scriptural evidence falls. 

JoeMo

Nice post, Wanderer.  You present  good arguments.  While I am convinced that the Holy Spirit is indeed a vital part of God, I am still persuaded that It is a Force or Power rather than a Person.  That being said, it's not a matter of me being right or wrong; it's simply that I (and a few others here) don't believe as you do.  The debate about the Personhood of the Spirit has gone on since the days of the apostolic church; so I'm not surprised that it wasn't settled here.  See you on another thread sometime soon.

stinsonmarri

You know the Bible said we should not add or subtract from YAHWEH Word, but we have. 

Add thou not unto HIS Words, lest HE reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Prov 30:6 

And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing false visions, and divining lies unto them, saying, thus saith the SOVEREIGN YAHWEH, when YAHWEH hath not spoken. Eze 22:28 

For I testify unto every man that heareth the Words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, ELOHIYM shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: Rev 22:18 

Then the Bible says that it has no private interpretation:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation. 2Pe 1:20 

Now we know that EGW was shown by ELOHIYM that words had been changed in the Bible and not only that due to these changes, it cause mystification of thought! Early Writings p. 220, 221; 1SG 117

“. . . Yet learned men, when the copies were few, had changed the words in some instances, thinking that they were making it more plain, when they were mystifying that which was plain, in causing it to lean to their established. Views, governed by tradition. . .” 1SG 117

Because I used a form of the word mystifying that she stated, I would like for all to see how this word is defined. I am providing this to make my point specifically on the word “spirit”!

Mystify, verb (used with object), mystified, mystifying. 1. To perplex (a person) by playing upon the person's credulity; bewilder purposely. 2. To involve in mystery or obscurity. 2017 Dictionary.com, LLC.

Mystification (n.): 1815, from French mystification, noun of action from mystifier (see mystify). Etymology online dictionary

Mystify (v.): 1814, from French mystifier (1772), a verb formed irregularly from mystique "mysterious" (see mystic (adj.)) + -fier "to make" (see -fy). Related: Mystified; mystifying. Etymology online dictionary

Mystic (adj.): Late 14c., "spiritually allegorical, pertaining to mysteries of faith," from Old French mistique "mysterious, full of mystery" (14c.), or directly from Latin mysticus "mystical, mystic, of secret rites" (source also of Italian mistico, Spanish mistico), from Greek mystikos "secret, mystic, connected with the mysteries," from mystes "one who has been initiated" (see mystery (n.1)). Meaning "pertaining to occult practices or ancient religions" first recorded 1610s. Etymology online dictionary

Mystery (n.1): Early 14c., in a theological sense, "religious truth via divine revelation, hidden spiritual significance, mystical truth," from Anglo-French *misterie, Old French mistere "secret, mystery, hidden meaning" (Modern French mystère), from Latin mysterium "secret rite, secret worship; a secret thing," from Greek mysterion (usually in plural mysteria) "secret rite or doctrine. Etymology online dictionary

Why give the definitions because I believe that can't understand the sentence; unless you truly, understand what words mean in the sentence. Also, it important to know when they were changed, to truly understand the facts. Words are important and the way they are grammatically place in our English sentences can have us to believe a lie instead of the truth. Yes it is true that we should believe in the Bible, but if Satan through men has endeavored to change it, shouldn’t we know about it? Did you know that the word “study,” means to investigate, to acquire knowledge? Well today we need to understand seriously about the word “spirit.”

The word in the Paleo Hebrew is “ruach,” and in the Greek “pneuma.” Just look at the meanings of these two words:

Ruach: wind; by resemblance breath, that is, a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):  air, anger, blast, breath, X cool, courage, mind, X quarter, X side, spirit ([ual]), tempest, X vain, ([whirl]) wind (y). Strong Hebrew Dictionary

Pneuma current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit:  ghost, life, spirit (ual, ually), mind. Compare G5590. Strong Greek Dictionary

Here are the Synonyms of the word from 2017 Dictionary.com, LLC:

2. life, mind, consciousness, essence. 5. apparition, phantom, shade. See ghost. 6. goblin, hobgoblin. 7. genius. 14. enthusiasm, energy, zeal, ardor, fire, enterprise. 15. attitude, mood, humor. 17. nature, drift, tenor, gist, essence, sense, complexion. 19. intention, significance, purport.

Have all of you notice that THE FATHER, THE MESSIAH, THE HOLY RUACH/SET APART ONE along with angels Satan and his angels are all included in the meaning of this word? Then it implicates vital principles, mental disposition, and the mind and humans rational soul???? Next we have breath which actually includes both sensible and violent exhalation, wind or whirlwind, and a region of the sky??? What ghost -really!!!!!! Oh yeah life too!!!!! Now which one is and how can the meanings include THE DIVINE BEINGS?

Forerunner Commentary gives their meaning of the word ruach:

A common thread runs between English "spirit," Hebrew ruach, and Greek pneuma, even when a spirit-composed being is described. "Spirit" represents something non-physical and normally invisible. We can conclude, except in the one case where "spirit," ruach, or pneuma describes a being that has revealed itself, that spirit is never seen. All that is ever seen is what spirit causes, motivates, inspires, encourages, impels, triggers, stirs, provokes, stimulates, influences, or activates. Why? Because in every other sense, except where spirit clearly means a spirit being who has revealed himself, spirit is seen as a function of the mind, whether it is God's mind, angel's mind, or man's mind. Just as we surely do not see mind, but we do see what mind does, so also we cannot see spirit but only what spirit does. As we understand it, mind is more than spirit, yet "spirit" can figuratively refer to a person's mind.

I provided this information for you so you can see what the truth is and what a lie is! First, by the Bible what really is a spirit?

John 4:24; 20:14 , Luke 24:15, 16, 31, 36;  Hebrew 1:7 These Text proves that both THE DIVINE BEINGS and angels are spirits and can reveal themselves, and can be seen if the spirit chooses to.  Abraham saw three men two were angels and the other ONE was YAHSHUA. Gen. 18:1 YAHSHUA was also seen by Moses, Joshua, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and 70 of the elders and they ate with HIM and did not die!

And HE said unto Moses, Come up unto YAHWEH, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw ELOHIYM of Israel: and there was under HIS FEET as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of Heaven in HIS CLEARNESS.  And upon the nobles of the children of Israel HE laid not HIS HAND: also they saw ELOHIYM, and did eat and drink. Ex 24:1, 9-11 

The word spirit is not your mind because the Bible states clearly that your memory perishes. Your memory is what you cannot see yet we can how it function because we can see the brain. The scientists and doctors know that somehow electricity is use as electron through the synapse or nerves in our brain that we are able to speak, think feel, touch, smell and communicate. We are wondrously made!

For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion forever in anything that is done under the sun. Eccl 9:5, 6

So clearly the Bible tells us that our memory is gone when we die and also state what our memory is. So why we as SDA believe this lie about our mind? Where in the Bible has is stated that we are a spirit? Because YAHSHUA breathe into our nostril made us a spirit because I never read that. The Bible said HE breathes into Adam the breath of LIFE. Gen 2:7 The word breathed in Paleo Hebrew is “nâphach,” which means to inflate or lose being inflated, but breath neshâmâh,” which means the same thing they added all the other words to include that the thought breathing is the spirit which is a lie. The root word “nâsham,” means just to blow or destroy. This is where these scribes place a lie into the meaning of the word spirit. They still believe what the Catholic church had taught them about the dead! Just like EGW stated base on their beliefs words were changed! 

The word “LIFE is CHAY,” it means alive when this word is define is it a person, animal, or plant living, not dead. Which is true because all of them had LIFE in them only difference is YAHWEH blew into our nostrils. You do not hear them having LIFE being call a spirit? Do you all remember that a Tree also had LIFE and if you ate from it you would live for ever! Gen 3:22 Oh yeah this Tree still exist! Rev 2:7; 22:2, 14

Now, we come to the word ghost, which in the Greek is included in the meaning, but not in the Paleo Hebrew. Why is that I wonder??? In the New Testament they disrespected THE HOLY RUACH/SET APART ONE, which is clearly shown, when HE is called a ghost-a what!!! Then the disciples see YAHSHUA walking on the water and they are scared because, even in their day, they too actually believed in dead being alive, or did they???? Yet, it is remarkable the word spirit is used instead. Matter of fact, in all the Scriptures that deal with them being afraid, what were they thinking, that he was what a ghost or an evil angel? Which one is it because Satan is causing confusion? Matt 14:26; Mark 6:49; Luke 23:46; 24:37, 39 Then the word ghost is used when YAHSHUA dies and oh this ghost not Holy-strange! Matt 27:50; Mark 15:37, 39; Luke 23:46; John 19:30 

Do any of you see what is happening here? We have disrespected THE HOLY RUACH, THE ONE that leads us into all truth. It is impossible if our minds are closed with lies. SDA who are not supposed to believe in the dead yet; we are using the word ghost for THE HOLY RUACH which actually means LIFE. LIFE IS EVERLASTING LIFE that THEY have and can give to everything on this earth. HE is not the wind but HE can become like wind, or like a dove or like tongues of fire. HE can do all diversified things and HE not evil spirits or angels; HE can penetrate the mind. If evil spirit can penetrate the mind, then have you read about Samuel sent to anoint a new king for YAHWEH! 1 Samuel Chapter 16

Why are we asking about THE HOLY RUACH/ SET APART ONE- what nature??? The word nature has to do with something created!!!! HE is NOT CREATED; HE is THE ONLY ONE that we have for us to reach both THE FATHER and THE SON! Without HIM or if HE leaves you that is it, you are eternally lost. You don’t have to be dead, but you are mentally dead and don’t even know it. Now that is scary!

The word spirit has been mystified and it is an occultist movement that EGW warned us about when she saw words had been changed. YAHWEH winks on our ignorance but it is high time we wake out of our sleep brothers and sisters. Please don’t get upset with me, check out what I am saying and make the choice for yourself.

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. Rom 13:11 

Blessings!

LifeHiscost

Here's an interesting biblical run down on the Holy Spirit.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :happysabbath:

phkrause
On 6/20/2017 at 2:01 PM, JoeMo said:

Evidence that Matt. 28:19 was changed from "Jesus" to "Father, Son and Holy Ghost" (probably by the Catholic Church).  Rather than copy and paste long textual material, I will simply refer you to some websites.

http://www.onenesspentecostal.com/matt2819-willis.htm

http://www.trinitytruth.org/matthew28_19addedtext.html

https://discover-the-truth.com/2013/07/26/trinity-the-truth-about-matthew-2819-1-john-57/

https://www.torahresource.com/pdf-articles/matt-28-19-a-text-critical-investigation.pdf

There are many, many more references in Google.  If you look at these, scholars are split on the authenticity of Matt: 28:19.  I personally am hesitant to base my own beliefs on just a single verse of the Bible which only implies a triune God.  Matt. 28:19 is the only verse in the Bible that uses the phrase "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit together that I know of.

Here's an article JoeMo, I ran across the other day and I remembered the discussion we've had in the passed about this issue. Except I thought we did have a thread on Matthew chapter 28 and verse 19! So here is this article by Angel Rodriguez:

https://www.adventistworld.org/the-reliable-gospel-record/

Aliensanctuary

What is Spirit?

Spirit is the creative/healing/life sustaining force that permeates the universe.

Spirit connects YHVH to the universe, enabling him to instantaneously telepathically read human's thoughts, heal them from great distances, create the fundamental particles of the universe and the atoms and molecules of life.

Without Spirit, Jesus Christ couldn't heal even a flea.

The Spirit of YHVH will resurrect long-dead humans using their life records and record of their DNA. Essentially, the Spirit will clone the dead so they can face their Creator on Judgment Day.

In the future Kingdom of YHVH, he will telepathically communicate via Spirit with humans to tell them what to do and where to go. If they need something and ask, he has already read their minds and knows what to send. Today, we would call that "prayer".

Aliensanctuary

Jesus Christ was changed when John baptized him in the Jordan. When the Spirit of YHVH entered him, his Sense of Self was deleted, rendering him incapable of being selfish. At that time his mission was activated, changing him from a carpenter into a teacher and healer.

His new mission was to teach humans what the Kingdom of YHVH is like.

When we are washed up in the River of Life, we, too, will lose our Sense of Self, along with most of our memories of our life on Earth, and we, too, will be given an assignment, our job onboard the New Jerusalem.

8thdaypriest
On 6/12/2017 at 9:14 AM, Gustave said:

The Holy Spirit is God for the same reason the Father & Son are 'God'.

"God is spirit."  The Father is God, therefore the Father is spirit.  If the Father is "in the secret place" with us, then the Father is spirit and is therefore omnipresent.  Jesus said, "the Father who dwells in me".  The Father dwelt in Christ - as spirit. 

Because His glory appears above a throne in Heaven, does not exclude His being the omnipresent spirit. 

Jesus said that He and His Father would come into those who loved Him.   Their indwelling does not require the operation of a third divine being - not if the Father is spirit. 

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. (NKJ)

Gustave
3 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

"God is spirit."  The Father is God, therefore the Father is spirit.  If the Father is "in the secret place" with us, then the Father is spirit and is therefore omnipresent.  Jesus said, "the Father who dwells in me".  The Father dwelt in Christ - as spirit. 

Because His glory appears above a throne in Heaven, does not exclude His being the omnipresent spirit. 

Jesus said that He and His Father would come into those who loved Him.   Their indwelling does not require the operation of a third divine being - not if the Father is spirit. 

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. (NKJ)

Prior to the Incarnation God (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) were Spirit. The Incarnation changed things as God, in the Person of the Son, added human nature to His Divine Nature. God became man without ceasing to be God. 

phkrause
17 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Rachel:  Welcome back.

I second that!! Welcome back

Gregory Matthews

Gustave said in the quote below:

*  The nature of God is beyond our human experience and  therefore, beyond our human understanding.

*  Within that context, Gustave is absolutely correct.

Prior to the Incarnation God (Father, Son & Holy Spirit) were Spirit. The Incarnation changed things as God, in the Person of the Son, added human nature to His Divine Nature. God became man without ceasing to be God. 

Gustave
5 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Gustave said in the quote below:

*  The nature of God is beyond our human experience and  therefore, beyond our human understanding.

*  Within that context, Gustave is absolutely correct.

This side of heaven we have no possibility of knowing the mystery of God. My guess is that if we're fortunate enough to make it even the most saintly will, at best, only understand a minute fraction of the mystery of God. The finite cannot fathom the infinite. 

Gregory Matthews

". . .fortunate enough to make it . . .:"  As I understand the Biblical teaching, we do not have to be in doubt as to our salvation.  We can know, one way  or the other.

I am not in doubt.   I am assured that if I were to die today, My salvation is assured, due to the merits of Christ and that I teach that salvation is a choice as to whether or not I accept it.

Yes, I could change my mind.  God does not force and will not force in the future. 

NOTE:  Gustave, I welcome your response as to how you see the above.

Gustave
13 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

". . .fortunate enough to make it . . .:"  As I understand the Biblical teaching, we do not have to be in doubt as to our salvation.  We can know, one way  or the other.

I am not in doubt.   I am assured that if I were to die today, My salvation is assured, due to the merits of Christ and that I teach that salvation is a choice as to whether or not I accept it.

Yes, I could change my mind.  God does not force and will not force in the future. 

NOTE:  Gustave, I welcome your response as to how you see the above.

Philippians 2,12:  "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure".

While I have absolutely NO QUESTION about God's part being rock solid I do indeed fear for myself in keeping up my end of the deal.

For anyone interested in the Catholic Understanding of Salvation & in particular of how an individual can be in a state of Grace AND THEN FALL OUT OF IT. I offer this. Simply enter your email address and you will be authorized (for FREE) to get the audio. I would challenge anyone to find one thing contrary to Scripture in it. 

http://www.biblechristiansociety.com/account/download?return=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biblechristiansociety.com%2Fdownload%2Fmp3%2F13%3Flanguage%3Den

8thdaypriest

Adam and Eve did not "want" to leave the Garden.  They were forced to leave.   So - I would say that desire alone is not enough to assure one's salvation to eternal life.  There is a behavioral component involved. 

The indwelling Spirit of God will empower love for fellow man, and love for God.  Our love for God and others is not perfect because we have the Spirit in imperfect "earthen vessels", and we lack perfect insight into the will of God.   We will nevertheless attempt to glorify God by our actions. 

Paul wrote:  "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  (Rom 10:9 NIV)

To declare Jesus as "Lord", that was an act.  An act which could result in serious consequences back in Paul's day.  An act which took courage. 

If one declared "Jesus as Lord" of all, he would henceforth declare by his actions that he served this "Lord".   One could not "declare Jesus as Lord" and fail to serve Him.  That would negate his "declaration".

Some wish to remove any human component - any human effort.  The term "cheap grace" comes to mind.  I do not personally believe that God has removed any need for human effort or action.  It is the combination of consenting human effort with divinely added  power through the Spirit, that results in the revelation of the love of God - revealed in an ordinary human life.

"That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Rom 8:4 NKJ)

"Walking" is an action, resulting from human thought, will and effort.  We are not levitated into the Kingdom of God. 

8thdaypriest

The "Father" - Father of whom? 

Answer:  of Jesus. 

But the Holy Spirit was Jesus' "Father".

Matthew 1:20 "But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.'"

God had to bring His Son into this world.  The Son of God did not incarnate without help - the help of His "Father".  He did not simply dive into the womb of Mary and combine Himself with human DNA.  He had help.

Hebrews 1:6 "And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."

If you look back at verse 5, God says, "You are My Son, today I have begotten You."

Yes, "God" calls His Son "God" (v.8) and "Lord" (v10). 

He also calls Himself "Your God" who has "anointed You" (v9) (speaking to His Son). 

My contention is that "God" the supreme and original divine being, beget a Son (a second divine being) out of Himself. 

The second divine being - is, was, and always will be - second to God the Father. 

The Father calls Himself "Your God" - God of/over His Son.  Paul wrote, "God is head of Christ".  And at the end of the great conflict, "He" (the glorified Son) delivers the kingdom to God the Father" (not to the Father and the Spirit) ICor 15:24.  And then "the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all" ICor 15:28. 

Seems obvious "the Son" will be subject to "the Father".    I don't see a third divine being in this picture. 

8thdaypriest
On 7/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, JoeMo said:

Good point Rahab.  Jesus "breathed" the Holy Spirit upon them.  To me this shows the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Christ.  If the HS was a separate entity, it would have come on its own - not out of Jesus' lungs. 

"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" [John the Baptist speaking by inspiration] (Luke 3:16). 

Gustave
1 hour ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Adam and Eve did not "want" to leave the Garden.  They were forced to leave.   So - I would say that desire alone is not enough to assure one's salvation to eternal life.  There is a behavioral component involved. 

The indwelling Spirit of God will empower love for fellow man, and love for God.  Our love for God and others is not perfect because we have the Spirit in imperfect "earthen vessels", and we lack perfect insight into the will of God.   We will nevertheless attempt to glorify God by our actions. 

Paul wrote:  "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  (Rom 10:9 NIV)

To declare Jesus as "Lord", that was an act.  An act which could result in serious consequences back in Paul's day.  An act which took courage. 

If one declared "Jesus as Lord" of all, he would henceforth declare by his actions that he served this "Lord".   One could not "declare Jesus as Lord" and fail to serve Him.  That would negate his "declaration".

Some wish to remove any human component - any human effort.  The term "cheap grace" comes to mind.  I do not personally believe that God has removed any need for human effort or action.  It is the combination of consenting human effort with divinely added  power through the Spirit, that results in the revelation of the love of God - revealed in an ordinary human life.

"That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Rom 8:4 NKJ)

"Walking" is an action, resulting from human thought, will and effort.  We are not levitated into the Kingdom of God. 

The Scripture I quoted (Philippians 2, 12) speak to the points you make. 

"for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure".

That's where the "fear and trembling" come from inside the individual - do we "cooperate" with what or where God is leading OR do we allow the flesh to lead the spirit? I fail PLENTY of times, what if as I'm failing I drop dead? Given the other Scriptures teaching on running this race I'm pretty sure that's what THIS Scrpture is saying. 

Gustave

A couple short videos on the possibility of one loosing their salvation after they had it. 

Aliensanctuary

I've probably said it many times here and on FB, but Spirit is the force that connects YHVH to the universe, enabling him to monitor everything, including human thoughts, among other things.

Unfortunately, Satan may be able to access Spirit, also, or something similar. Satan does have telepathic powers, along with his crew, enabling them to project their thoughts into hapless humans from great distances, afflicting them with illnesses and selfishness and criminality.

8thdaypriest
On 6/30/2019 at 11:48 PM, Gustave said:

I believe:

Prior to the incarnation, God the Father and His divine Son were spirit.   They were exactly alike.

By taking upon Himself the limitations of human nature, the Son "emptied Himself" of His divine attributes (omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience).   He became dependent upon His Father for any special insight or power.  He must overcome as a man, to win back dominion of the earth for mankind

When He died, His Father had to resurrect Him.   Galatians 1:1 “Paul, an apostle not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead,”

When He was "glorified" by His Father,  great divine power was restored to Him (without taking away His humanity).  He was no longer restricted by a human physical body.  His mind could mesh with that of His Father - so that He could share in omniscience, and could know what His Father knows. 

Gustave
11 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

I believe:

Prior to the incarnation, God the Father and His divine Son were spirit.   They were exactly alike.

By taking upon Himself the limitations of human nature, the Son "emptied Himself" of His divine attributes (omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience).   He became dependent upon His Father for any special insight or power.  He must overcome as a man, to win back dominion of the earth for mankind

When He died, His Father had to resurrect Him.   Galatians 1:1 “Paul, an apostle not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead,”

When He was "glorified" by His Father,  great divine power was restored to Him (without taking away His humanity).  He was no longer restricted by a human physical body.  His mind could mesh with that of His Father - so that He could share in omniscience, and could know what His Father knows. 

So you differ from Ellen White and the Pioneers that militantly maintained that God (who was understood to be the Father only) was Flesh, bone, blood and organs? Early SDA's also believed that Michael and Lucifer the archangels were also Flesh, bone, blood and organs. 

Where does the Holy Spirit fit into your beliefs? 

8thdaypriest
On 7/5/2019 at 12:23 AM, Gustave said:

So you differ from Ellen White and the Pioneers that militantly maintained that God (who was understood to be the Father only) was Flesh, bone, blood and organs? Early SDA's also believed that Michael and Lucifer the archangels were also Flesh, bone, blood and organs. 

Where does the Holy Spirit fit into your beliefs? 

I searched through Mrs White's writings for 4 years, looking at everything she said about the nature of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  Never once did I find anything about the Father ever existing in a state with "flesh, bone, blood and organs".   In her writings, the glory of the Father did appear above His throne, but no created being could enter that "unapproachable light" - except the Son of God. 

In Mrs White's writings, God's Son (prior to His incarnation on the earth) had taken the form of an angel.  Exactly what "form" that might be, we don't know.  Angels are spirit beings - not flesh beings.  Angels do not marry, so presumably they do not engage in the human version of procreation. 

God the Father has done everything through His Son. 

He created - through His Son. 

Ephesians 3:9 “ ... and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden     in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;”

He communicates - through His Son.  

He judges - through His Son.  

He heals and restores - through His Son. 

He will also execute His wrath - through His Son. 

His Son is the commander of the angels of heaven, who protect and minister to "those who shall be heirs of salvation".