Kingdom of Adventistan
Zach Wasaka

Looking for a Marriage partner. How do you know that he or she is the one from God?

Zach Wasaka

FB_IMG_1503927042234.jpgI have a burning question. Today we have many single ladies and gentlemen looking for Marriage partners but many say God will bring them someone which is OK and good. But I have a question. How do get to know that he or she is the one that God has brought me and what kind of prayer should I pray when looking for the one Today so many singles are landing on wrong partners thinking that they are the one from God. God bless

Zach Wasaka

I hope to get the best answers from here because I know Adventistan is a community of experienced people

Gregory Matthews

Remember:  God gave us minds and expects us to use them.

God may not  give us direct answers for what  God expected us to determine by using our minds.

NOTE:  I do not deny the ability of God to lead and give us direction.  Rather, I am simply pointing out that God expects us to take responsibility and this comes from a context of my knowing people who were once convinced that God led them in marriage when actually it was not God who was leading.

Zach Wasaka
12 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Remember:  God gave us minds and expects us to use them.

God may not  give us direct answers for what  God expected us to determine by using our minds.

NOTE:  I do not deny the ability of God to lead and give us direction.  Rather, I am simply pointing out that God expects us to take responsibility and this comes from a context of my knowing people who were once convinced that God led them in marriage when actually it was not God who was leading.

Thanks for your reply Gregory 

LifeHiscost
19 hours ago, Zach Wasaka said:

FB_IMG_1503927042234.jpgI have a burning question. Today we have many single ladies and gentlemen looking for Marriage partners but many say God will bring them someone which is OK and good. But I have a question. How do get to know that he or she is the one that God has brought me and what kind of prayer should I pray when looking for the one Today so many singles are landing on wrong partners thinking that they are the one from God. God bless

Before having married, very happily for both of us I might add, to my present wife for the last some 40 years , I first paid attention to God's instruction from His Word.

14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?….2 Corinthians 6

Consequently we never had an argument for the 1st 2/3 of our married life together, and then it was mainly about taking drugs for her susceptibility to pain.  Both of us accepted this guiding promise.

28Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”…. Matthew 11

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D  :prayer:   :offtobed:

The Wanderer
2 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

Before having married, very happily for both of us I might add, to my present wife for the last some 40 years , I first paid attention to God's instruction from His Word.

14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?….2 Corinthians 6

Consequently we never had an argument for the 1st 2/3 of our married life together, and then it was mainly about taking drugs for her susceptibility to pain.  Both of us accepted this guiding promise.

28Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”…. Matthew 11

It doesnt work this way for everyone

Outta Here

I'd say talk to a pastor and a marriage counselor (non-religious) as a couple before engagement. Marriage is a life-long commitment. 

My husband and I have been together 29 years now. We talked with our Lutheran pastor first. We were given the go ahead! Years later we needed a little more marriage counseling and talked with a non-religious advisor. Good advice there too! Implementation of that advice saved our marriage. ;)

The Wanderer
6 hours ago, Aubrey said:

I'd say talk to a pastor and a marriage counselor (non-religious) as a couple before engagement. Marriage is a life-long commitment. 

My husband and I have been together 29 years now. We talked with our Lutheran pastor first. We were given the go ahead! Years later we needed a little more marriage counseling and talked with a non-religious advisor. Good advice there too! Implementation of that advice saved our marriage. ;)

I love testimonies like this! Thank you for sharing that!

The Wanderer
16 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

This is a great testimony too!  Wow!  forty years! Thats awesome. Thank you for sharing that! 

PS the text from 2 Cor 6 is what I was referring to when I said "it doesnt work this way for everyone." :)

LifeHiscost
20 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

It doesnt work this way for everyone

44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same?… Matthew 4

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D   :prayer:    :offtobed:

Gregory Matthews

The quotation listed below brings up some interesting issues:

*  Taking drugs for her susceptibility to pain:  On the assumption that your reference prescription drugs, rather than illegal ones, that is not your decision.  The right of the one to make that decision rests with the person involved.  It does not belong to the person not under clinical care,  assuming that your wife is competent.  You job is to support your wife in the life altering decisions that she must make about her care.

*  2/3 of your marriage without an argument:  If true, something is wrong.  Typically people who are married  have some differences in personality.  Two persons exactly alike in personality result in a boring marriage.   It is  differences that give life, meaning and actually fund to a marriage.  Typically when one says such about their marriage, and when it is true, one of the people is oppressed and feels that they are not allowed to be themself. 

Geoarrge

Looking at Scripture, there are very few instances where God is involved in selecting a mate for someone.  Most of the time, it is described as the man choosing a wife.  It does not seem like God normally takes a direct hand in this process.

The Wanderer
4 hours ago, Geoarrge said:

Looking at Scripture, there are very few instances where God is involved in selecting a mate for someone. 

A very good point my friend. I think, perhaps, the major way that God gets involved with the marriage thing is that He simply tells us what His ideals are.  What do you thinkÉ

Geoarrge

That's probably true.  I don't believe God is a micromanager.  He does not want to be in control of every last detail of our lives. That would defeat the purpose of existing as individual beings. I know a number of people who say things to the effect of "I know God has someone in mind for me" and while that might be true in some sense, this attitude seems to put people at risk of waiting for something to happen for a very long time. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.