Kingdom of Adventistan
B/W Photodude

Just like old times ...

B/W Photodude

Having read thru the OT several times in the last few years I have noticed a very interesting trend. A good king can come along and reform the nation, remove the idols, and turn the people back to God, and a very short time later, they will be back to idolatry with a bad king. Over and over again. However, even with really bad kings, such as Ahab, God could claim over 7000 who had never bent the knee to idols. 

There seemed to be three kinds of kings:
1. Kings who reformed the nation and removed the idols
2. Good kings who were obedient to God but tolerated the idols
3. Bad kings who led the nation into idolatry

Fascinating is the parallel to Adventism today. Several generation ago, the Adventist movement was brought into existence by God, the church stayed true for decades (even being known as the people of the Bible. I suspect we are no longer known as that today.), then heresies began to creep in. I won't go into the list, because one or more may be someone's favorite heresy, but especially in the Western world conferences (NAD, Europe, & AUS), the church no longer seems to be the church it once was.

Sad is the fact that it has been reported in some conference meetings that readership of SOP is down to about 2% of the membership. Many have discarded the writings of EGW. Some polls of Adventists can find little difference between Adventism and the world in general.

The split in the church seems to be never more evident than over at ChristianForums.com. They have separate forums for "Traditional" Adventists and "Progressive" Adventists and never should the two post in the other's forum and some posts will even be moved to the proper forum. 

This is a serious problem and I hope people are paying attention to this in light of what has been taught for pretty much all of Adventism's history that there would someday be a shaking and many would leave the church. That shaking was also written about in the NT. Described as a terrible ordeal, the church would stand.

JoeMo
15 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Having read thru the OT several times in the last few years I have noticed a very interesting trend. A good king can come along and reform the nation, remove the idols, and turn the people back to God, and a very short time later, they will be back to idolatry with a bad king. Over and over again.

I agree.  There is a model that keeps repeating over and over throughout the OT:

1. Israel living in relative peace in communion with God

2. Israel mingling with their pagan neighbors

3. Israel tolerating and condoning the pagan practices of their neighbors

4. Israel incorporating the pagan practices of their neighbors into their own worship

5.Israel becoming captives of their pagan neighbors

6.  Israel repenting of their idolatry and calling upon the Lord to be rescued

7.  God rescues Israel

8. Rinse and repeat

This is a model that is still repeating itself in Christianity; except now we are not so much tolerating foreign gods as much as we are tolerating biblically prohibited practices.

15 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

This is a serious problem and I hope people are paying attention to this in light of what has been taught for pretty much all of Adventism's history that there would someday be a shaking and many would leave the church.

I also agree with this statement; however, my question is what is the definition of "the church"?  Is it the SDA denomination or the global collection of sold-out, born again believers from all Christian denominations?

JoeMo

Sold-out has the same meaning as when an alternative  musician "sells out" to the record industry or "the man" (gives in to their wishes rather than his own way of doing things); except they "sell out" to Jesus.  See the gospel of John Chapter 3 for the meaning of born again.

The Wanderer
On 10/11/2017 at 7:26 PM, B/W Photodude said:

his is a serious problem and I hope people are paying attention to this in light of what has been taught for pretty much all of Adventism's history that there would someday be a shaking and many would leave the church.

Whats there to "pay attention to?"

Seems with some there is an apostate under every doily, and its now a free-for all as to who has "the real truth."

One would also be better off to quote or talk about this  in better context, The ones who actually are "shaken out" will not be the ones we commonly expect to be.

Time to move to the country I guess, eh? Except that leaves 90% of the people who could never afford such a prospect. But thats ok The Great Grand Poobahs will , or already have made their escape, leaving all of "those people" to rot in place.

Some things that have been "pretty much taught for all of Adventism's history" are NOT even "Adventist.!!"

rudywoofs (Pam)
3 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

an apostate under every doily

ROFLMHO

phkrause
On 10/13/2017 at 1:17 PM, JoeMo said:

Sold-out has the same meaning as when an alternative  musician "sells out" to the record industry or "the man" (gives in to their wishes rather than his own way of doing things); except they "sell out" to Jesus.  See the gospel of John Chapter 3 for the meaning of born again.

I know what sold out and born again means to me!! But not in the way it seems you are implying in your statement!!