Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Matthews

Northern California Conference Fire Status

Gregory Matthews

The following news items have been taken from The Word On The Street, The weekly news release of the President of the Northern California Conference of SDAs.

News Items

1. Many fires are burning across our conference's territory right now. The stories of homes and lives lost are devastating, but we are continuing to put our trust in God. Please continue to pray that these fires will be contained. This is a developing story because winds are shifting as I write this. I will share what we know as of now:

567419ac-7b0d-4ea9-bfbd-36a1ed1c0690.jpg
S.gif
* The Tubbs Fire burned down Redwood Adventist Academy in Santa Rosa on Monday. School had already been canceled much earlier that morning, so there were no staff or students on the campus at the time of the fire. Principal Angie Weems and her staff are working to find a temporary location to reopen soon. To learn the ways you can help, including sending cards to the children, download a bulletin insert/flier at www.nccsda.com/RAA. You can also donate online at www.purecharity.com/redwood-adventist-academy.

* Napa Valley Adventist Retirement Estates, our conference's retirement center located in Yountville, was without power for a couple of days. Their landline and cell phones did not work. We dropped off a generator for them Monday night, and by Tuesday evening they had power again. On Wednesday they reported that the air quality was bad, but they were staying inside and continuing to monitor the situation. You can find updates on their Facebook page.

* Each day this week, about 10 of our schools were closed due to the fires, road closures, air quality, water purification, etc. We are posting daily notices on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NorCalAdventistsinAction.

* On Tuesday evening, both Pacific Union College and Rio Lindo Adventist Academy decided to cancel classes for the week. As of Wednesday afternoon, Rio reported that all students had left the campus. Both schools have updates on their respective Facebook pages with more details. 

* St. Helena Hospital posted on Facebook Wednesday morning that they were still open and serving the local communities. They had no plan for evacuation at that time. 

* We have received reports that several of our churches - including Santa Rosa, Petaluma, and Lakeport - are serving as evacuation centers, offering shelter and food to people escaping the fires. 

* We are very sorry to report that multiple NCC church members have lost homes. Our friends, we grieve with you. We are continuing to pray for the many other people whose homes are still in the fire's path, that these fires will be contained soon. Please continue to check www.facebook.com/NorCalAdventistsinAction for more updates.

dgrimm60

GREGORY

thank you for this  up date====we  all  need to  be  praying for this  situation 

dgrimm60

Gregory Matthews

I met today with church officials from near-by PUC.  I was told  that classes have been canceled and many students have gone home.  They do not see PUC as in  immediate danger, but it could happen if weather conditions change.

D_Bishop

Other than three or four places in SE Texas, the only other places I've lived were in N Bay, Northern California.  I haven't been there in awhile but I have lived there.  Beautiful area. San Rafael in Marin county.  Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Cotati, Rohnert park,  I've been to those places.  It is heart breaking to see this happen to that area.