Kingdom of Adventistan
Gregory Matthews

Judge Moore & Jesus

Gregory Matthews

Former Judge Moore has been accused, as a 32 year-old man of molesting a 14 year-old female.  This is an allegation and not the focus of my comment here.  My focus    is on  one of his defenders who has compared Judge Moore with  Joseph and his marriage to Mary and the birth of Jesus.

For a discussion of this, see:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2017/november/roy-moore.html?utm_source=ctweekly-html&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_term=16245031&utm_content=547447561&utm_campaign=email

But the most widely reported comment came from Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler, who told the

Washington Examiner, “Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became the parents of Jesus… There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

debbym

Joseph was so concerned Mary may have been unfaithful when it was found she was pregnant he was ready to refuse to marry her.... This just does not equate with the described behavior of Moore.

B/W Photodude

It is getting all too familiar and tiresome that everytime someone gets on the ballot that the liberals hate, they start trotting out all these women claiming some incident from many years ago. Problem is, very difficult from the accused to defend himself (usually men). This got very common in the 90s in divorce cases where the to be ex-qife would accuse the husband of molesting the kids and the husband had little recourse but to drop his case. Then you today have a plethora of false accusations which often seriously injure someone's career for life and even when  the accuser is found out to be a liar, nothing happens to her (usually women). I did note that Judge Moore's accuser had at one point been connected to the Hillary campaign. Getting vaguely suspicious! Also, very suspicious that Bill Clinton, who has many complaints of rape and beatings gets a pass from liberals including his wife.

Bravus

Several accounts of Roy Moore, independent of one another, and more information coming out all the time.

He did it. He was known for it, by a lot of people, as a pattern.

FWIW I don't let Bill Clinton off the hook either: he abused his power over the years, definitely. It was with adult women, however, in every case: not nothing, but also not child sexual abuse.

And 'someone else did something else' is no defense.

If the Republican party does not distance itself from this man, its claims to moral authority are gone. GOP strategist Rick Wilson has said as much: http://rssnewshub.com/-/gop-strategist-rick-wilson-laments-the-throat-bur-89

B/W Photodude

Sometimes you have to fall on the sword for something greater and it seems to be time for Judge Moore to take one for the team. There is always tomorrow if he can adequately defend himself. Just seems weird how these things get to be so coordinated to happen just at the right time that one cannot adequately have time to defend themselves. However, I will admit, it seems to have happened at just the right time to sink Hillary, but then there were a lot of Democrats that couldn't stomach Hillary either! But this "Me Too" stuff is starting to get to be a bit much.

B/W Photodude

<<<thread drift alert!>>>

Seems that women are less likely to get cpr from bystanders in a cardiac arrest situation occurring in a public place:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/women-cpr-bystanders-study-suggests-51100552

Seems those fears are for a good reason:

https://www.inquisitr.com/1583405/man-who-saved-womans-life-with-aed-labeled-a-pervert-for-removing-her-clothes-to-apply-electrode-pads/

CoAspen

As to second story

AED was being used, passerby didn't understand proper use and did the 'name calling' and called police. 

As to first story...

Researchers had no information on rescuers or why they may have been less likely to help women. But no gender difference was seen in CPR rates for people who were stricken at home, where a rescuer is more likely to know the person needing help.

"It can be kind of daunting thinking about pushing hard and fast on the center of a woman's chest" and some people may fear they are hurting her, said Audrey Blewer, a University of Pennsylvania researcher who led the study.

Rescuers also may worry about moving a woman's clothing to get better access, or touching breasts to do CPR, but doing it properly "shouldn't entail that," said another study leader, U Penn's Dr. Benjamin Abella. "You put your hands on the sternum, which is the middle of the chest. In theory, you're touching in between the breasts."

Neither of these 'stories' suggest or support the idea that women are less likely to get CPR  in public......wanting something to be true does not make it true. Abit of trolling here......maybe??

CoAspen

But this "Me Too" stuff is starting to get to be a bit much.

Then don't read about it or is it being suggested the allegations are simply not true?

B/W Photodude
3 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

Neither of these 'stories' suggest or support the idea that women are less likely to get CPR  in public......wanting something to be true does not make it true. Abit of trolling here......maybe??

The two articles are quite self explanatory.

bonnie
  • Sitting state Supreme Court justice defends Al Franken by boasting of escapades with '50 very attractive females'
  • A Democratic candidate for governor in Ohio just went off on Facebook, saying "it is time to speak up on behalf of all heterosexual males."
  • He posted following the allegations of sexual misconduct against Democratic Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota.
  • "In the last fifty years I was sexually intimate with approximately 50 very attractive females," he wrote.

A Democratic candidate for governor in Ohio — who is currently a sitting state Supreme Court justice — took to Facebook "speak up on behalf of all heterosexual males" and boast of sexual escapades "with approximately 50 very attractive females" after allegations of sexual misconduct were levied at Democratic Sen. Al Franken of Minnesota.

"Now that the dogs of war are calling for the head of Senator Al Franken, I believe it is time to speak up on behalf of all heterosexual males," the candidate and justice, Bill O'Neill, wrote on his Facebook page. "As a candidate for Governor let me save my opponents some research time."

O'Neill proceeded to lay out how in "the last 50 years" he "was sexually intimate with approximately 50 very attractive females." He provided some identifying information about a pair of women he claimed to have been intimate with, but later amended his post to take out those details.

Slideshow preview image

7 TWEETS
William O'Neill
SEE GALLERY

"It ranged from a gorgeous blonde who was my first true love and we made passionate love in the hayloft of her parents barn and ended with a drop dead gorgeous red head from Cleveland," he wrote.

"Now can we get back to discussing legalizing marijuana and opening the state hospital network to combat the opioid crisis," he continued. "I am sooooo disappointed by this national feeding frenzy about sexual indiscretions decades ago. Peace."

Franken, a prominent Democrat that some in the party believed could run for president in 2020, is under intense scrutiny after a Los Angeles broadcaster, Leeann Tweeden, alleged that he committed sexual misconduct during a 2006 United Service Organizations tour in Iraq.

Tweeden alleged that Franken forcibly kissed her and she released a photograph of Franken reaching for her breasts while she was asleep.

Franken apologized for his actions in a pair of statements.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/11/17/sitting-state-supreme-court-justice-defends-al-franken-by-boasting-of-escapades-with-50-very-attractive-females/23281225/

bonnie

Of course not. We need to be choosy about those that cause moral outrage. Actually I think this man was rather clever in getting out ahead of possible reports about himself.

The Wanderer
1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I don't even want to read about it.  

When I saw the title of this thread come to my Inbox; I said to myself: "I was wondering when someone would start this topic on the forum"  I second your motion. :)

The Wanderer
On 11/14/2017 at 5:08 PM, CoAspen said:

Then don't read about it or is it being suggested the allegations are simply not true?

Its not a question of "reading about it" when something is splayed all over the place on social media no matter where one goes. Even here, apparently.

bonnie
29 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

When I saw the title of this thread come to my Inbox; I said to myself: "I was wondering when someone would start this topic on the forum"  I second your motion. :)

Topic was already started.  If sexual abuse and misconduct is wrong, it is wrong. The name doesnt matter, the party affliation, or the religious denomination. This country has willingly and with a lot of enthusiasm re-elected several that have the morals of a stray tom cat. Kennedy was re-elected how many times after a young woman  died in some mighty unusual circumstances,both he and Dodd remained popular after bragging about their "waitress sandwich". Clinton had very credible charges of rape against him,didnt matter. Many would still re elect him if possible. I havent read much more than headlines on Moore, is this recent?  Or is it election driven. Seems almost like a new fad diease, one that can be used to destroy your adversary. Not sure of what all the charges are but if he is guilty he should pay the price. The level of moral outrage over selective deviant behavior doesnt ring true with the willingness shown several times to actually re elect known moral degenerates. To vote for someone and not realize what he/she is is one thing. To claim to be so concerned about sexual misconduct and then vote them back into office is quite another. If he is guilty of whatever charges it isnt because he is conservative. He is as morally bankrupt as some very popular senators and presidents

The Wanderer
14 minutes ago, bonnie said:

The name doesnt matter, the party affliation, or the religious denomination.

when its allegations being treated as fact, and same is used to perform online vigilante "justice" apart from due process; it is wrong. Always. Some of the accused will be found guilty, some wont

The Wanderer
16 minutes ago, bonnie said:

selective deviant behavior doesnt ring true with the willingness shown several times to actually re elect known moral degenerates.

speaking of "selective;" it would be interesting to see if the online vigilante system would support a man coming out and saying #metoo. The trouble with whats happening now is the Big Media will never support those stories.

The Wanderer
14 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

speaking of "selective;" it would be interesting to see if the online vigilante system would support a man coming out and saying #metoo. The trouble with whats happening now is the Big Media will never support those stories.

they are all mostly allegations aimed where the money is. Dont see any low-income men being publically assaulted online like this

Gregory Matthews

We can all point to the past and suggest names of men who have been given the freedom to get away with it and were not held responsible while the women, if they came forward, were slandered and worse.  But, it seems that it is a new day in our society.  The women are coming forward with more freedom and the men are being held more responsible.  The past should not prevent us from saying that it is about time.  It is about time that we held people responsible for their actions.  It is about time that we begin to believe the claims of the women.  The fact of the matter is:  They way that women have been treated who came forward tells us that few are likely to come forward absent their claims being true and there are likely many more who  remain silent.  Yes, there are occasional times when the allegation is false, but those are rare.  The general situation is that the major aspects of the claims are true.

NOTE:  I am aware that men are sometimes the  victims and women may be an aggressor.  But those times are few compared to the typical situation.

B/W Photodude
50 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

We can all point to the past and suggest names of men who have been given the freedom to get away with it and were not held responsible while the women, if they came forward, were slandered and worse.  But, it seems that it is a new day in our society.  The women are coming forward with more freedom and the men are being held more responsible.  The past should not prevent us from saying that it is about time.  It is about time that we held people responsible for their actions.  It is about time that we begin to believe the claims of the women.  The fact of the matter is:  They way that women have been treated who came forward tells us that few are likely to come forward absent their claims being true and there are likely many more who  remain silent.  Yes, there are occasional times when the allegation is false, but those are rare.  The general situation is that the major aspects of the claims are true.

NOTE:  I am aware that men are sometimes the  victims and women may be an aggressor.  But those times are few compared to the typical situation.

There is a new teacher (female) almost EVERYDAY who has been arrested  or charged with molesting underage kids, sometimes even a lesbian molestation.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/women-commit-shockingly-high-percentage-sex-crimes

I would even suspect that many of these "me-too" complaints were actually mutually consented too and turned into regret sex later on. Also, many women were prepared to pay this price for their "star" career.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/janet-bloomfield/2014/06/women-need-to-be-educated-about-sexual-consent-right-now-they-arent/

I remember when I was a late teen, there was this one female that ran around some of the people I hung out with. She was bound and determined that she was going to have sex with every guy in the group. She got in trouble when she gave one 16 year old a case of crabs. She was in her twenties. I was not one of her "trophies".

Gregory Matthews

Photodude:  You have provided us with material that in of value and of interest.  If I were to sum up the main point in the material that you have referenced< I would say that it tells us that the incidence of female sexual assaults of males and females is increasing from what it was decades ago.  But, it still remains a fraction of the total assaults with male assaults being the majority.

The material that you referenced spoke to a number of issues and is best understood by going beyond the articles that you cited to the foundational articles.  Some of the points made:

*  In studies of female prisons, females were more likely to be involved in the assaults than males in male prisons.  Folks, statistics from female prisons and prisoners may not correlate to your typical local school.

*  According to the foundational material behind the articles that you cited, males who assault others are much larger percentage than are the females.  Yes the per-cent of females who do such are growing, but females still remain a minority of those who assault others.   In one of the studies the figures were that 3 times as many males sexually assaulted others as did females.

bonnie

Bravus said....Several accounts of Roy Moore, independent of one another, and more information coming out all the time.

He did it. He was known for it, by a lot of people, as a pattern.

FWIW I don't let Bill Clinton off the hook either: he abused his power over the years, definitely. It was with adult women, however, in every case: not nothing, but also not child sexual abuse.

Clinton was only very credibly accused of rape and physical violence. He was known for his behavior towards women. Of course Clinton was let off the hook. Elected first time with his behavior well known by the voters,elected the second time because well you know it was only sex.   Doesn't stop him from being a good president

Al Franken is another that has been accused and shown disgusting behavior towards women, altho most of it he was paid for as a so called comediene. Vulgar,crude disgusting jokes that were close to what Trump was blasted for. He was voted in to office with full knowledge of the voters. No moral outrage there.  The most popular bumper sticker during his election was "Vote Franken,he is a crook,but he is our crook"

Certainly no distancing by the democratic party when a liberal

No, for Moore if he is guilty "someone else' is no defense. Nor is there any defense for those that suffer from such moral outrage over a selected few.

If the Republican party does not distance itself from this man, its claims to moral authority are gone. GOP strategist Rick Wilson has said as much......

The democratic party did not distance itself from Clinton and look how he was "punished". Why should republicans be any different?

For a look at how women ware treated that come forward one only has to look at the treatment of Bill Clinton's accuser's. Far more credible in terms of being current at the time and a lawsuit that Paula Jones had the courage to proceed with. She was referred to as trailer trash by dems as I recall. As I understand with Moore this is decades old and accusations seem to be the proof. I don't recall the moral outrage of liberals in general or from liberals here about how Paula Jones and others were treated. It was just sex

Maybe he is guilty,I have no idea. If he is hopefully he will pay the price.That still doesn't explain the selectiveness of the outrage by liberals. How much of this has to do with the fact that he is running for the senate?  If this is true......"He did it. He was known for it, by a lot of people, as a pattern"  why is it just now becoming a concern. Where was the moral outrage prior to this of having this man in public office?.