Kingdom of Adventistan
Gregory Matthews

Judge Moore & Jesus

bonnie

Really have to "admire" the women (not the accusers) but those so outraged by the accusations that are speaking out against Moore. Women in general were very strong supporters of Clinton,more so than men when he was accused.  One even wished she could have traded places with Monica in the oval office. Slipping the moral outrage on and off like a coat seems to work

The Wanderer
4 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I am aware that men are sometimes the  victims and women may be an aggressor.  But those times are few compared to the typical situation.

You talk in a minimalistic way about this, as does everyone else, and you obviously have never had to live through it.

rudywoofs (Pam)

Gregory wrote:

I am aware that men are sometimes the  victims and women may be an aggressor.  But those times are few compared to the typical situation.

and then The Wanderer replied:

50 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

You talk in a minimalistic way about this, as does everyone else, and you obviously have never had to live through it.

I sorta have to agree with The Wanderer.  About the only way one could say that instances of women as aggressors "are few compared to the typical situation," is if one only looks at *reported* instances.  But that doesn't take into account the *unreported* instances of female aggressors.  Even back in the 1800s, there was plenty of female aggression.  My great grandfather finally divorced his abusive 1st wife.  I have the divorce papers, and the abuse he received at her hands was outrageous.  And, by the way, he was a minister as well as a physician.

The Wanderer
21 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Gregory wrote:

and then The Wanderer replied:

I sorta have to agree with The Wanderer.  About the only way one could say that instances of women as aggressors "are few compared to the typical situation," is if one only looks at *reported* instances.  But that doesn't take into account the *unreported* instances of female aggressors.  Even back in the 1800s, there was plenty of female aggression.  My great grandfather finally divorced his abusive 1st wife.  I have the divorce papers, and the abuse he received at her hands was outrageous.  And, by the way, he was a minister as well as a physician.

I dont like to even talk about this stuff publically, because for men, it is brutal if they even think about doing the #metoo mantra, or anything like it, and men cant even go to get counselling, as so many "counsellors" are so biased and bigoted about the men who have to put up and shut up. Even saying this much; I am in fear of certain consequences. I strongly protest all the money-grubbing thats going on with womens sexual abuse...the whole thing that BIG MEDIA is doing with this issue is so wrong. So many ways Even when men are in the midst of life-threatening abuse, they still have to keep quiet, for reasons I cant get into public. I just think its time people stood up and stopped the Big Media Gravy Train and admit that men are not "less severely," or "less frequently" abused, assaulted and black-mailed.  Sexual abuse, against women, I would say does likely happen more often than it does against men.

The Wanderer
32 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

only way one could say that instances of women as aggressors "are few compared to the typical situation," is if one only looks at *reported* instances. 

a good point for both men and women :)

The Wanderer
33 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

My great grandfather finally divorced his abusive 1st wife.  I have the divorce papers, and the abuse he received at her hands was outrageous.  And, by the way, he was a minister as well as a physician.

wow, being clergy on top of everything else must have made that really tough for him

B/W Photodude
1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

I dont like to even talk about this stuff publically, because for men, it is brutal if they even think about doing the ...
so many "counsellors" are so biased and bigoted about the men who have to put up and shut up. 
So many ways Even when men are in the midst of life-threatening abuse, they still have to keep quiet, ...

I have been studying this topic for years as well as watching it in real life for much of my life, as in watching my Dad be a victim of domestic violence by my SDA mother. Yes, this occurs even in the SDA family. I have watched an SDA man victimized in non-violent ways, as far as I know,  by many family members including wives in a life story that I am simply amazed by (including the who's of the violence). Men get victimized in popular media in what is called "cute violence", but if the sexes were reversed it would be hell in Hollywood. More children are killed by mothers, and especially at risk kids are sons who look like Dad. And then the social scientists are all scratching their heads trying to figure out why the suicide rate for men is so much higher. Women much of the time use suicide gestures as manipulation. Another area where men are just more successful than women :( . One time I had a man come into the hospital as a poisoning patient. He had been found face down in a field. It was a suicide attempt. I asked him something along the line of was he being abused at home. (That is a standard line questioning these days) He burst into tears. Not many men do that. And media doesn't carry these stories much. And guys that talk about it get trashed for it even here on Adventistan, and you know who you are.

As the character of God is slowly erased from the majority of the human population, there is plenty enough evil to go around for everyone. Unfortunately, I think sometimes that man bad, woman good attitude is doing serious damage to women. And it is damaging the church.

Bravus

For what it's worth, I currently have a ridiculous mustache and am walking 10 km (6 miles or so) every day for a month to raise funds for men's health, including mental health. 

Bravus

Abuse *of* anyone, *by* anyone is serious and needs to be treated seriously. Those abused need to be believed and supported. There will be false reports on all sides, because (some) humans lie, particularly when there are incentives. Treating abuse claims seriously means investigating them seriously... which will exonerate the falsely accused as well as support the genuine victims. 

This is a problem that requires the sexes to collaborate in order to solve it, so any approaches by anyone that attempt to divide the sexes into mutually hostile camps is not contributing to the solution.

bonnie

Unfortunately Moore will always be guilty to many regardless of this article. It has been stated here he is guilty ,He did it, He was known for it,pattern of behavior. 

Several accounts of Roy Moore, independent of one another, and more information coming out all the time.

He did it. He was known for it, by a lot of people, as a pattern.

FWIW I don't let Bill Clinton off the hook either: he abused his power over the years, definitely. It was with adult women, however, in every case: not nothing, but also not child sexual abuse.

Accusations of rape and sexual assault are considered by some as very serious whether it was adult women or not.
If all women are to be believed then Clinton did it. Why was he supported by so many and even now it is glossed over as just adult women and sleezy behavior? In order to support the likes of Clinton as a president(rapist) twice it seems a little mental gymnastics are at work. Using the same reasoning Clinton did it,his pattern of behavior was well known and and we know the women were telling the truth.

Rape of adult women has destroyed the lives of many women.

And 'someone else did something else' is no defense.

I agree. I have never had a problem with anyone that is guilty paying the price,whether someone else got by with it or not. What  I have a problem with is the selective moral outrage. The likes of Clinton are still getting a pass, only adult women were involved. Has Moore been accused of rape? Just exactly what sexual misconduct is Moore accused of besides dating teenage girls with the permission of a parent?

If the Republican party does not distance itself from this man, its claims to moral authority are gone. GOP strategist Rick Wilson has said as much

The dems didn't distance themselves from Clinton or other known dems that were accused,why should the republicans distance themselves from Moore?

CoAspen

Politics comes first!!

Another example of why some ignore  the sexual 'misconduct' when it is convenient. 

The 'proper' behavior is always expected...unless it is a person of the 'other' party. People will go out of the way to condone behavior when it suits them. It is rather 'telling' when those in high places can call it 'just locker room talk' and then see no issue when others may be caught in similar situations. Useing God and the Bible to condone the activity is even more obnoxious. But...lets remember.....party and politics first before all, praise the Lord!!

YUCH!!!!!!!

CoAspen

And how do you know that to be true? 

I was stalked by a  women for a year or so with cards, letters and phone calls at random intervals. I never saw her but finaly figured out who it was. When the phone calls got rather frequent and contained more aggressive language, I called her place of work and gave the head of security all the details. The problem then went away. Did I broadcast that to the wind or feel a need to go after this person, no. 

Something happened to the women in all these stories, and there may be some falsifing, but I don't for a moment believe they are all lin collusion so I acept that there is fire where there is smoke of that intensity!!

Bravus

Just exactly what sexual misconduct is Moore accused of besides dating teenage girls with the permission of a parent?

Dating teenage girls (under the age of consent), including sexual activity, while he was in his 30s.

This is a crime. It's called statutory rape.

B/W Photodude
1 hour ago, Bravus said:

Dating teenage girls (under the age of consent), including sexual activity, while he was in his 30s.

This is a crime. It's called statutory rape.

Unfortunately, you are wrong in many ways. None of the allegations alleged that he actually had sex with any of the girls. Dating a girl of 17/18 when about 30 was not uncommon in those days and you should not be "ex post facto" trashing people over it. Age of consent in Alabama is 16. I believed the articles debunking all these allegations noted that he dated these girls with parent permission and with his accomplishments in life, at least one mother thought he was a very good possibility for their daughter. Alabama was a very different place 40 years ago. You amy perhaps wish to read the article  in previously posted link, but here it is again:

https://barbwire.com/2017/11/21/trashing-judge-roy-moore/

Context is helpful here. First, Moore spent his own late teens and early twenties at West Point, an all-male school at the time. By all accounts he was a highly focused, disciplined and committed soldier, with little or no time for women. In July 1971, Captain Moore shipped off to Vietnam to take command of the 188thCompany, 504th Battalion. After leaving the military in 1974, and graduating law school in 1977, he became a deputy district attorney in Etowah County. Now, for the first-time, the 30-year old Moore had an opportunity to settle down and, perhaps, find a wife.

At that time and in that particular old-school, deep-south culture, a 30+ year-old man dating and marrying an 18-year-old would not have raised many eyebrows—particularly when the majority of young ladies his age had been married while he was at West Point, in Vietnam and at law school. In fact, there were any number of mothers who viewed the handsome, West Point and law-school-graduated Moore, with his devout faith and gentlemanly manner, as the ultimate catch for their daughters. And at least one of these mothers and her daughter, whom Moore briefly dated, have stepped up to testify to this.

Unfortunately, in my part of the country, it is not rare to see young women marrying and having babies with guys older than their father! But these guys actually have pensions in an area of high unemployment.

B/W Photodude
12 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

You amy perhaps wish to read the article  in previously posted link, but here it is again ...

One more quote from the article:

Even as I write this, my head is threatening to explode. Here we are, hectored incessantly by Hollywood, universities, the MSM, and liberal politicians about how hard-working, Christian folk need a dose of their brand of enlightenment about, well most everything, including today’s sanctimonious lesson on the treatment of women. Yet all the while, the whole fornicating, serial-marrying, abortion-tendering, gender-bending, perverse, casting-couching lot of them could only wish they had backstories straight out of Sheriff Taylor’s Mayberry, like Roy Moore.

Bravus

Keeping it brief.

1. Your account entirely omits the case of the 14 year old in which sexual contact is alleged. I agree: dating girls in their late teens does not disqualify him. An Australian female friend who grew up in a small country town married a man in his 60s when she was in her teens. But sexual activity with a 14 year old is a crime: and parental consent is irrelevant to that.

2. The article you linked basically cites no evidence that the allegations are false. It boils down to 'I asked my friends, and they believe Roy Moore'. That's not evidence.

B/W Photodude
On 11/23/2017 at 12:16 AM, Bravus said:

Your account entirely omits the case of the 14 year old in which sexual contact is alleged ...

It ain't over 'til the ... oh, never mind!

Any case with Gloria Allred involved is suspicious:

https://viral.americanewshub.com/2017/11/24/allegations-fall-pieces-roy-moore-reveals-may-way-getting-even/