Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
james423

Lesson 3 (God or Mammon?)

james423

Overall Question:  Why is the choice "God or Mammon" so important?

Memory Text: Philippians 2:9-11 New International Version 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Sunday – Christ, the Creator

Genesis 1:1 Contemporary English Version In the beginning God

created the heavens and the earth.

Psalm 33:6-9 God’s Word Translation 6 The heavens were made by the Lord’s word and all the stars by the breath of his mouth. 7 He gathers the water in the sea like a dam and puts the oceans in his storehouses. 8 Let all the earth fear the Lord. Let all who live in the world stand in awe of him. 9 He spoke, and it came into being. He gave the order, and there it stood.

Isaiah 45:11-12 New Century Version 11 This is what the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker, says: “You ask me about what will happen.    You question me about my children. You give me orders about what I have made. 12 I made the earth and all the people living on it. With my own hands I stretched out the skies, and I commanded all the armies in the sky.

Jeremiah 51:15 Holman Christian Standard Bible He made the earth by His power, established the world by His wisdom, and spread out the heavens by His understanding.

John 1:3 New Century Version All things were made by him, and nothing was made without him.

Monday – Son of God / Son of Man

Mathew 19:16-22 New International Reader’s Version 16 Just then, a man came up to Jesus. He asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to receive eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only one who is good. If you want to enter the kingdom, obey the commandments.” 18 “Which ones?” the man asked. Jesus said, “ ‘Do not murder. Do not commit adultery. Do not steal. Do not be a false witness. 19 Honor your father and mother.’ (Exodus 20:12–16; Deuteronomy 5:16–20) And ‘love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ ” (Leviticus 19:18) 20 “I have obeyed all those commandments,” the young man said. “What else do I need to do?” 21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go and sell everything you have. Give the money to those who are poor. You will have treasure in heaven. Then come and follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad. He was very rich.

Tuesday – Christ, the Redeemer

Colossians 1:13 Modern English Version He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of His dear Son.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 Easy-to-Read Version And you began waiting for God’s Son to come from heaven—the Son God raised from death. He is Jesus, who saves us from God’s angry judgment that is coming.

1 Peter 1:18 Common English Bible Live in this way, knowing that you were not liberated by perishable things like silver or gold from the empty lifestyle you inherited from your ancestors.

Hebrews 2:14-15 Christian Standard Bible 14 Now since the children have flesh and blood in common, Jesus also shared in these, so that through his death he might destroy the one holding the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who were held in slavery all their lives by the fear of death.

Galatians 3:13 English Standard Version Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

Revelation 1:5 New English Translation 5 and from Jesus Christ—the faithful witness, the firstborn from among the dead, the ruler over the kings of the earth. To the one who loves us and has set us free from our sins at the cost of his own blood.

Wednesday – A Jealous God

Exodus 9:14 New King James Version for at this time I will send all My plagues to your very heart, and on your servants and on your people, that you may know that there is none like Me in all the earth.

1 Samuel 2:2 New English Translation No one is holy like the Lord! There is no one other than you! There is no rock like our God!

Psalm 86:8 Tree of Life Version There is none like You among the gods,

my Lord, there are no deeds like Yours.

Isaiah 55:8-9 New Living Translation 8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Jeremiah 10:10 New International Reader’s Version But you are the only true God. You are the only living God. You are the King who rules forever. When you are angry, the earth trembles with fear. The nations can’t stand up under your anger.

Titus 1:2 Evangelical Heritage Version based on the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.

Thursday – True Ownership

Deuteronomy 10:14 New Living Translation Look, the highest heavens and the earth and everything in it all belong to the Lord your God.

Psalm 50:10 New International Version for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.

Psalm 104:16 New American Standard Bible The trees of the Lord drink their fill, the cedars of Lebanon which He planted.

Ezekiel 18:4 New Century Version Every living thing belongs to me. The life of the parent is mine, and the life of the child is mine. The person who sins is the one who will die.

Haggai 2:8 New Century Version ‘The silver is mine, and the gold is mine,’ says the Lord All-Powerful.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 English Standard Version 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.