Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Texas Adventist

Dominican Republic

Texas Adventist

Hello.  Sorry for the newbie question.  I’m interested in retiring in the Dominican Republic and wanted to know what sorts of volunteer opportunities there were.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

If this thread isn’t in the appropriate forum, could a moderator please move it for me?  Thanks.

B/W Photodude

You did not mention what your skills are that you have to volunteer. But in the Dominican Republic, nearly 10% of the population is Seventh-day Adventist and it is a rapidly growing church there. I found SDA churches everywhere without even looking for them. I imagine you will find volunteer opportunities wherever you are in the DR.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.42.19 PM.jpg

This the church in La Ramana. Stumbled onto this one by accident while traveling to Punta Cana.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.51.34 PM.jpg

This church is in Santiago, La Republica Dominica (not to confuse with the Santiago in Chile!). Attended this church as it is down the street a few blocks from my sister-in-law.

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 3.43.06 PM.jpg

Oops! This is the Catholic cathedral Alta Gracia in Higuey. This cathedral is on one of the paper moneys in the DR.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this