Kingdom of Adventistan
Guest Paragon

Question for Seventh-Day Adventist

jeannieb

Whenever I see a post by my friend The Wanderer I feel a tug toward that topic.   And this one is an example.

Guest Paragon appears to know a lot about people of our faith already, and seems to be pumping us for material for his class in Adventist beliefs!    [That's just my "take" on what this thread is all about.]

And The Wanderer always has something valuable to contribute.  --As also does Gregory Matthews.

So, I'll keep on checking this topic whenever I'm online.   If it's Sabbath where you are, I hope your day is blessed.   I had a good Sabbath morning in church today, though it was a little bit lonely because my grandchildren stayed home with one of them coming down with the flu.  Family, I'm learning, is the greatest gift we have in this life, next to our blessed Saviour.

God bless.

Jeannieb

Gregory Matthews

Blessings on you my daughter.

NOTE:  Where did that come from.  From the fact that in working as a hospital chaplain, people from some  religious backgrounds, often called me Father as they were lost as to any other term of respect to use.

Liz
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, Guest Paragon said:

1. How long have you been a Seventh-day Adventist?
2. Which of the Adventist beliefs is most central to your life?
3. Which of the Adventist beliefs is most problematic for you?
4. How is your lifestyle related to your beliefs as an Adventist?

1.  I was raised SDA, baptized at 13, never left--so 4 decades plus a couple of years.

2. All of them are central to my life, this is like asking which child do I like better.

3. I don't have a problem with any of them.

4. They pretty much go hand in hand. I try to live my life with this thought-- never be doing/reading/watching/eating/drinking something that if Jesus walked in on you, you would be ashamed or embarrassed. I fail at this, but each morning I pray for strength and every night I ask for forgiveness.

LifeHiscost
On 1/28/2018 at 11:29 AM, Liz said:

4. I try to live my life with this thought-- never be doing/reading/watching/eating/drinking something that if Jesus walked in on you, you would be ashamed or embarrassed. I fail at this, but each morning I pray for strength and every night I ask for forgiveness.

::like::

I endeavor to greet our Father upon arising and He keeps reminding me during the day of all of the incidents during the day that could have been worse if my guardian angel hadn't intervened for my sake, not to mention reminding me He gave his Son for me and mine.

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :D

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.