Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
james423

Lesson 13 - The Results of Stewardship

james423

Overall Question:  What are the results of stewardship?

Memory Text: 1 Peter 2:12 God’s Word Translation Live decent lives among unbelievers. Then, although they ridicule you as if you were doing wrong while they are watching you do good things, they will praise God on the day he comes to help you.

Sunday – Stewardship and Godliness

2 Timothy 3:1-9 New English Translation But understand this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, savage, opposed to what is good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, loving pleasure rather than loving God. 5 They will maintain the outward appearance of religion but will have repudiated its power. So avoid people like these. 6 For some of these insinuate themselves into households and captivate weak women who are overwhelmed with sins and led along by various passions. 7 Such women are always seeking instruction, yet never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 And just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these people—who have warped minds and are disqualified in the faith—also oppose the truth. 9 But they will not go much further, for their foolishness will be obvious to everyone, just like it was with Jannes and Jambres.

2 Timothy 3:2 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY Those who are “self-lovers” are rarely grateful to others. Modern inventions have contributed to a humanistic self-sufficiency that often obscures man’s continual need for God’s benefits.

Ezekiel 14:14 New Century Version Even if three great men like Noah, Daniel, and Job were in that country, their goodness could save only themselves, says the Lord God.

Monday – Contentment

Philippines 4:11 New Living Translation Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.

Philippines 4:11 COMMENTARY BY ALBERT BARNES Probably, by nature, he had a mind as prone to impatience as others, but he had been in circumstances fitted to produce a different state of feeling. He had had ample experience, and, in his life of trials, he had acquired invaluable lessons on the subject. He had had abundant time for reflection, and he had found that there was grace enough in the gospel to enable him to bear trials with resignation.

Romans 8:28 Modern English Version We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Hebrews 13:5 New International Reader’s Version Don’t be controlled by love for money. Be happy with what you have. God has said, “I will never leave you. I will never desert you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Philippines 4:4-13 Contemporary English Version 4 Always be glad because of the Lord! I will say it again: Be glad. 5 Always be gentle with others. The Lord will soon be here. 6 Don’t worry about anything but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. 7 Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. 8 Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don’t ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise. 9 You know the teachings I gave you, and you know what you heard me say and saw me do. So follow my example. And God, who gives peace, will be with you. 10 The Lord has made me very grateful that at last you have thought about me once again. Actually, you were thinking about me all along, but you didn’t have any chance to show it. 11 I am not complaining about having too little. I have learned to be satisfied with[a] whatever I have. 12 I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little. 13 Christ gives me the strength to face anything.

Tuesday – Trust

Proverbs 3:5 Easy-to-Read Version Trust the Lord completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge.

Isaiah 55:9 Christian Standard Bible “For as heaven is higher than earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Corinthians 4:5 Disciples Literal New Testament So then do not be judging anything before the time, until the Lord comes, Who will both illuminate the hidden things of the darkness and reveal the motives of the hearts. And at-that-time the praise will come to each one from God.

1 Corinthians 4:5 COMMENTARY BY ADAM CLARKE God, the righteous Judge, will determine every thing shortly: it is his province alone to search the heart, and bring to light the hidden things of darkness.  If you be so pure and upright in your conduct, if what you have been doing in these divisions, &c., be right in his sight, then shall you have praise for the same; if otherwise, yourselves are most concerned.

1 Corinthians 13:12 English Standard Version For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Wednesday – Our Influence

Ephesians 5:8 Good News Translation You yourselves used to be in the darkness, but since you have become the Lord's people, you are in the light. So you must live like people who belong to the light.

Matthew 5:16 Contemporary English Version Make your light shine, so that others will see the good that you do and will praise your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:16 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY Satan has ever sought to misrepresent the Father. Christ came to dispel the darkness and to reveal the Father. This same work Christ committed to His disciples. Light shines, not so much that men may see the light, as that they may see other things because of the light. Our lights are to shine, not so that men may be attracted to us, but that they may be attracted to Christ, who is the light of life, and to things worth while.

Titus 2:7 New Century Version In every way be an example of doing good deeds. When you teach, do it with honesty and seriousness.

1 Peter 2:11-12 New International Version 11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

Thursday – The Word We Want (and Don’t Want) to Hear

Matthew 25:21 New English Translation His master answered, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You have been faithful in a few things. I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’

Matthew 7:23 Modern English Version But then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from Me, you who practice evil.’

Friday – Further Thought

2 Corinthians 10:5 New International Reader’s Version I destroy every claim and every reason that keeps people from knowing God. I keep every thought under control in order to make it obey Christ.

Matthew 7:21-23 New International Reader’s Version 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do what my Father in heaven wants will enter. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord! Lord! Didn’t we prophesy in your name? Didn’t we drive out demons in your name? Didn’t we do many miracles in your name?’ 23 Then I will tell them clearly, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who do evil!’

Matthew 7:21 COMMENTARY FAMILY BIBLE NOTES men are to be judged of, not by their words only, but by their principles and conduct. They must obey the revealed will of God, and to be accepted of him, must do it with the heart. The only sure test of true religion, is the doing of the known will of God.

Matthew 7:21-29 COMMENTARY BY MATTHEW HENRY Christ here shows that it will not be enough to own him for our Master, only in word and tongue. It is necessary to our happiness that we believe in Christ, that we repent of sin, that we live a holy life, that we love one another.