Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
james423

Lesson 3 - Jesus in the Book of Revelation

james423

Overall Question: How is Jesus portrayed in the book of Revelation?

Memory Text: Revelation 3:21 New International Version To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Sunday – The Structure of Revelation

1 Corinthians 10:1-11 New International Reader’s Version Brothers and sisters, I want you to know something about our people who lived long ago. They were all led by the cloud. They all walked through the Red Sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3 They all ate the same spiritual food. 4 They all drank the same spiritual water. They drank from the spiritual rock that went with them. That rock was Christ. 5 But God was not pleased with most of them. Their bodies were scattered in the desert. 6 Now those things happened as examples for us. They are supposed to keep us from wanting evil things. The people of Israel wanted these evil things. 7 So don’t worship statues of gods, as some of them did. It is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink. Then they got up to dance wildly in front of their god.” (Exodus 32:6) 8 We should not commit sexual sins, as some of them did. In one day 23,000 of them died. 9 We should not test the Messiah, as some of them did. They were killed by snakes. 10 Don’t speak against God. That’s what some of the people of Israel did. And they were killed by the destroying angel. 11 Those things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us. That’s because we are living at the time when God’s work is being completed.

Revelation 12:1-17 New English Translation Then a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, and with the moon under her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was screaming in labor pains, struggling to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: a huge red dragon that had seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadem crowns. 4 Now the dragon’s tail swept away a third of the stars in heaven and hurled them to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child as soon as it was born. 5 So the woman gave birth to a son, a male child, who is going to rule over all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was suddenly caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and she fled into the wilderness where a place had been prepared for her by God, so she could be taken care of for 1,260 days. 7 Then war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But the dragon was not strong enough to prevail, so there was no longer any place left in heaven for him and his angels. 9 So that huge dragon—the ancient serpent, the one called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world—was thrown down to the earth, and his angels along with him. 10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven saying, “The salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the ruling authority of his Christ, have now come, because the accuser of our brothers and sisters, the one who accuses them day and night before our God, has been thrown down. 11 But they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die. 12 Therefore you heavens rejoice, and all who reside in them! But woe to the earth and the sea because the devil has come down to you!

He is filled with terrible anger, for he knows that he only has a little time!” 13 Now when the dragon realized that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of a giant eagle so that she could fly out into the wilderness, to the place God prepared for her, where she is taken care of—away from the presence of the serpent—for a time, times, and half a time. 15 Then the serpent spouted water like a river out of his mouth after the woman in an attempt to sweep her away by a flood, 16 but the earth came to her rescue; the ground opened up and swallowed the river that the dragon had spewed from his mouth. 17 So the dragon became enraged at the woman and went away to make war on the rest of her children, those who keep God’s commandments and hold to the testimony about Jesus.

Monday – Images of Jesus

Revelation 1:5 Good News Translation and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first to be raised from death and who is also the ruler of the kings of the world. He loves us, and by his sacrificial death he has freed us from our sins.

Revelation 1:18 Common English Bible and the living one. I was dead, but look! Now I’m alive forever and always. I have the keys of Death and the Grave.

Revelation 5:8 Disciples’ Literal New Testament And when He took the scroll, the four living-creatures and the twenty four elders fell before the Lamb— each one holding a harp and golden bowls being full of incense (which are the prayers of the saints).

Revelation 19:11-15 Lexham English Bible And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and the one seated on it was called “Faithful” and “True,” and with justice he judges and makes war. 12 Now his eyes were a flame of fire, and on his head were many royal headbands having a name written that no one except he himself knows. 13 And he was dressed in an outer garment dipped in blood, and his name is called the Word of God. 14 And the armies that are in heaven, dressed in clean, white fine linen, were following him on white horses. 15 And out of his mouth came a sharp sword, so that with it he could strike the nations. And he will shepherd them with an iron rod, and he stomps the winepress of the wine of the furious wrath of God, the All-Powerful.

Revelation 21:6 English Standard Version And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

Tuesday – The Sanctuary Motif in Revelation

Revelation 4:1-2 New Century Version After the vision of these things I looked, and there before me was an open door in heaven. And the same voice that spoke to me before, that sounded like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” 2 Immediately I was in the Spirit, and before me was a throne in heaven, and someone was sitting on it.

Acts 2:33 God’s Word Translation He was exalted to God’s right side and received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit. He poured out this Spirit, and you are seeing and hearing the results of his having done so.

Acts 5:31 Jubilee Bible 2000 God has exalted him with his right hand as Prince and Saviour, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Ephesians 1:20 Easy-to-Read Version he used to raise Christ from death and put him at his right side in the heavenly places.

Hebrews 10:12-13 Holman Christian Standard Bible But this man, after offering one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God. 13 He is now waiting until His enemies are made His footstool.

Psalm 110:1 New American Standard Bible The Lord says to my Lord:

“Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Revelation 12:5 Modern English Version She gave birth to a male Child, “who was to rule all nations with an iron scepter.” And her Child was caught up to God and to His throne.

Revelation 11:19 Christian Standard Bible Then the temple of God in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant appeared in his temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and severe hail.

Leviticus 16:12-14 Christian Standard Bible 12 Then he is to take a firepan full of blazing coals from the altar before the Lord and two handfuls of finely ground fragrant incense, and bring them inside the curtain. 13 He is to put the incense on the fire before the Lord, so that the cloud of incense covers the mercy seat that is over the testimony, or else he will die. 14 He is to take some of the bull’s blood and sprinkle it with his finger against the east side of the mercy seat; then he will sprinkle some of the blood with his finger before the mercy seat seven times.

Wednesday – Christ in Revelation – Part 1

Revelation 1:1-8 English Standard Version The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. 4 John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.  To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen. 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 1:7 The Amplified Bible Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes (nations) of the earth will mourn over Him [realizing their sin and guilt, and anticipating the coming wrath]. So it is to be. Amen.

Thursday – Christ in Revelation – Part 2

Revelation 1:10-18 New Testament for Everyone 10 I was in the spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet. 11 ‘Write down what you see in a book,’ it said, ‘and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.’ 12 So I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. As I turned, I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the middle of the lampstands ‘one like a son of man’, wearing a full-length robe and with a golden belt across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white, white like wool, white like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like exquisite brass, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters. 16 He was holding seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword was coming out of his mouth. The sight of him was like the sun when it shines with full power. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though I was dead. He touched me with his right hand. ‘Don’t be afraid,’ he said. ‘I am the first and the last 18 and the living one. I was dead, and look! I am alive for ever and ever. I have the keys of death and Hades.

Revelation 22:7 New Revised Standard Version “See, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

Revelation 22:12-13 Evangelical Heritage Version 12 Look, I am coming soon and my reward is with me, to repay each one according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Friday – Further Thought

Revelation 3:14 Evangelical Heritage Version To the messenger of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation, says this.

Revelation 7:14 Common English Bible I said to him, “Sir, you know.” Then he said to me, “These people have come out of great hardship. They have washed their robes and made them white in the Lamb’s blood.