Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
james423

Lesson 11 - God's Seal or the Beast's Mark

james423

Overall Question:  What do we have to do to get God's seal or the beast's mark?

Memory Text:  Revelation 15:3 New English Translation They sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb: “Great and astounding are your deeds, Lord God, the All-Powerful! Just and true are your ways, King over the nations!”

Sunday – God’s Sign Identifying His People

Genesis 17:9-11 New Century Version 9 Then God said to Abraham, “You and your descendants must keep this agreement from now on. 10 This is my agreement with you and all your descendants, which you must obey: Every male among you must be circumcised. 11 Cut away your foreskin to show that you are prepared to follow the agreement between me and you.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Good News Translation For whether or not a man is circumcised means nothing; what matters is to obey God's commandments.

Galatians 5:6 God’s Word Translation As far as our relationship to Christ Jesus is concerned, it doesn’t matter whether we are circumcised or not. But what matters is a faith that expresses itself through love.

Galatians 6:15 Easy-to-Read Version It doesn’t matter if anyone is circumcised or not. The only thing that matters is this new life we have from God.

Exodus 31:13 Common English Bible Tell the Israelites: “Be sure to keep my sabbaths, because the Sabbath is a sign between me and you in every generation so you will know that I am the Lord who makes you holy.

Exodus 31:13 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY One of the striking features of the closing chapters of Exodus is the recurring admonition to sacred observance of the seventh-day Sabbath. This attests the great importance of the Sabbath, for no other commandment of the Decalogue is so mentioned.

Exodus 31:17 Common English Bible It is a sign forever between me and the Israelites that in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day the Lord rested and was refreshed.

Ezekiel 20:12 New Century Version I also gave them my Sabbaths to be a sign between us so they would know that I am the Lord who made them holy.

Ezekiel 20:20 New Century Version Keep my Sabbaths holy, and they will be a sign between me and you. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.

Monday – The Beast and False Worship

Revelation 13:17 English Standard Version so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Revelation 14:9-10 Good News Translation 9 A third angel followed the first two, saying in a loud voice, “Those who worship the beast and its image and receive the mark on their forehead or on their hand 10 will themselves drink God's wine, the wine of his fury, which he has poured at full strength into the cup of his anger! All who do this will be tormented in fire and sulfur before the holy angels and the Lamb.

Revelation 14:10 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY The seven last plagues fall upon the worshipers of the beast and his image. In addition, these devotees of the beast rise in the second resurrection and receive their punishment. It is not clear to which phase of punishment the revelator here refers. Perhaps it is to both. In both there will be torment. The first will end in death when Jesus appears from heaven, the second in eternal death.

Revelation 16:2 Evangelical Heritage Version The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth, and horrible and painful sores came on the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshipped his image.

Tuesday – The Seal of God

Ephesians 1:13-14 Common English Bible 13 You too heard the word of truth in Christ, which is the good news of your salvation. You were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit because you believed in Christ. 14 The Holy Spirit is the down payment on our inheritance, which is applied toward our redemption as God’s own people, resulting in the honor of God’s glory.

Ephesians 4:30 Disciples Literal New Testament And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God with Whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

2 Timothy 2:19 Good News Translation But the solid foundation that God has laid cannot be shaken; and on it are written these words: “The Lord knows those who are his” and “Those who say that they belong to the Lord must turn away from wrongdoing.”

Revelation 7:1-4 21st Century King James Version And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 saying, “Hurt not the earth, neither the sea nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.” 4 And I heard the number of them that were sealed: there were sealed a hundred and forty four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:3 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY Those who are sealed are God’s slaves, and the seal upon them is His attestation that they are indeed His own.

Revelation 14:1 21st Century King James Version And I looked and lo, a Lamb stood on Mount Zion, and with Him a hundred forty and four thousand, having His Father’s name written in their foreheads.

Revelation 7:3 Contemporary English Version “Don’t harm the earth or the sea or any tree! Wait until I have marked the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

Revelation 14:9 Contemporary English Version Finally, a third angel came and shouted: Here is what will happen if you worship the beast and the idol and have the mark of the beast on your hand or forehead.

Wednesday – The Mark of the Beast

Revelation 14:12 New Century Version This means God’s holy people must be patient. They must obey God’s commands and keep their faith in Jesus.

Revelation 14:12 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY The crisis will come when symbolic Babylon prevails upon the state to enforce Sunday observance by civil law and seeks to punish all dissenters…In this dark hour those who cling to the Bible will refuse to give up the observance of the true Sabbath…The commandments of God are a transcript of the character of God. They set forth the divine standard of righteousness that God would have man attain but which in his unregenerate state he cannot attain to…But Jesus came to enable men to be restored to the divine image. He came to show men what the Father is like, and in this sense amplified the moral law. Through His power men are enabled to keep the divine requirements and thus reflect the divine image.

Thursday – The Sabbath as the Seal

Exodus 20:8-11 Holman Christian Standard Bible 8 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy: 9 You are to labor six days and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. You must not do any work—you, your son or daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the foreigner who is within your gates. 11 For the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and everything in them in six days; then He rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and declared it holy.

Hebrews 4:9-10 Common English Bible 9 So you see that a sabbath rest is left open for God’s people. 10 The one who entered God’s rest also rested from his works, just as God rested from his own.

Hebrews 4:9 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY We enter into God’s “rest” when we “consider” Jesus (ch. 3:1) and listen to His voice (chs. 3:7, 15; 4:7), when we exercise faith in Him (ch. 4:2, 3), when we cease from our own efforts to earn salvation (v. 10), when we “hold fast our profession” (v. 14), and when we draw near to the throne of grace (v. 16). Those who would enter into this experience must beware of “an evil heart of unbelief” (ch. 3:12), of hardening their hearts (chs. 3:8, 15; 4:7). They must strive to enter into God’s “rest” (ch. 4:11).