Kingdom of Adventistan
J Sonnentag

"Emergent Christianity: Contemporary Trends in Spirituality" (John Jovan Markovic - Andrews University)

J Sonnentag

From the description:

John Jovan Markovic (from Andrews University) will discuss Emergent Christianity (AKA the Emerging Church), including its relation to Theistic Evolution, Mysticism, Ecumenical unity, the concept of worldview, the Second Vatican Council, and the new theology school of thought.
1. O'Malley, J. W. 2010. What Happened at Vatican II. Cambridge, MA: The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. https://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/9780674047495
2. Jones, T. 2008. The New Christians: Dispatches from the Emergent Frontier. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. https://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/9780470455395
3. Brewin, K. 2007. Signs of Emergence: A Vision for Church that is Always Organic/Networked/Decentralized/Bottom-Up/Communal/Flexible {Always Evolving}. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books. https://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/0801068088

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Gregory Matthews

I do not have th time to spend watching a 90 minute video.

But, I have watched the first 30 minutes of this video.  It is captivating.  It is informative, in areas where I was NOT informed.  I am going to have to view it all.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

The Wanderer
31 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

But, I have watched the first 30 minutes of this video.  It is captivating.  It is informative, in areas where I was NOT informed.  I am going to have to view it all.

Well, this video is not really something new. It is just new window dressing for the same old thing. I will reserve further comments for later.

Gregory Matthews

I may change my mind after I view the entire video.  But, for now, it has contained information that I consider to be of value and informative.

The Wanderer
2 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I may change my mind after I view the entire video.  But, for now, it has contained information that I consider to be of value and informative.

Just to be clear, my comment was not intending to critisize you  or anything you did or said. My comment is strictly talking about the content of this video. I have viewed the entire thing, so I wont be just talking through my hat as I respond here. :)

Gail

I like this guy, have watched him before. I will need to find some time for this

JoeMo

Very informative video by a very smart guy.  I just watched the whole thing; but after about 45 minutes it's all question and answer.

One think for sure, it confirms something I have seen in various charismatic churches - that they think we are already living in the Kingdom of God (aka the millennium).