Kingdom of Adventistan
hch

When will Iran attack our (US) fleet?

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer

in todays world, it would be an extremely unlikely scenario for Iran to attack Israel "from the north." The political/red tape and sovereignity implication re other nations would render this kind of Bible text stretching, impossible and falsehood

JoeMo
4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

in todays world, it would be an extremely unlikely scenario for Iran to attack Israel "from the north."

I believe the subject of this thread if when will Iran attack the U.S. fleet?  That fight looks increasingly possible in the near future.  But you are correct - Iran would probably first attack Israel from the air.

Another possible source of attacking Israel is Turkey.  They were the seat of the first Ottoman Empire (the 7th king in Revelation); and could possibly be the center of a resurrected Ottoman Empire (possibly the 8th king).  Turkey is definitely north of Israel.  But I think a war (or at least a major skirmish) between the U.S. (possibly in alliance with Saudi Arabia) and Iran will occur first.

This is not a "prophecy"; it is just my current opinion.

The Wanderer
10 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

I believe the subject of this thread if when will Iran attack the U.S. fleet?  That fight looks increasingly possible in the near future.  But you are correct - Iran would probably first attack Israel from the air.

Another possible source of attacking Israel is Turkey.  They were the seat of the first Ottoman Empire (the 7th king in Revelation); and could possibly be the center of a resurrected Ottoman Empire (possibly the 8th king).  Turkey is definitely north of Israel.  But I think a war (or at least a major skirmish) between the U.S. (possibly in alliance with Saudi Arabia) and Iran will occur first.

This is not a "prophecy"; it is just my current opinion.

Ha ha! Well, it wouldnt be "wrong" even if this was a "prophecy." Certainly lots of that going around these days.

My official opinion re Iran & the US is pretty simple. About 12 years ago I started saying to people "The US is going to go for Iran one of these days. But in my mind, and I believe, according to scripture, that doesnt come close to being  a "prophecy," or based on anything in scripture. Its just an opinion based on behavioral and historical observations & research.

IMO Iran attacking the US wouldnt be anything noteworthy re prophecy. They have already been attacking for a number of years in many and various ways. Recent news reports detail how Iran has used drones to inflict damage on a couple of oil tankers, but they were not US-owned. The thing I would note about Iran is their strike capabilitiy on an international scale is essentially "mickey-mouse" in nature. Anytime they do "attack" their lack of capability will only inflict relatively minor damage to their perceived enemies, I think I was reading somewhere that one of their better missiles only has a range of around 1200 km.  While they are showing innovation and strategic abilities, its not going to get them far in terms of attacking another country full-on and directly. Thats why they do the "proxy-war" thing. Now the one concern re "attacks from the North" and the Jewish State of Israel, is the Russian Bear that actually is north of Israel. Apparent alliances and military exercises seem to reflect a bond of some sort between Iran & Russia.

Still, none of the above that I have commented on really talks about Bible prophecy, except in the broadest, most general sense, such as Jesus saying there will be wars & rumors of wars.  Or the text in Daniel which tells us that God "setteteth up kings and removes them." (see Daniel 2

Further, in order for the "prophecy" to happen that is the OP of this topic, and for Israel to have to undergo an attack from "the north," one would have to ascribe to  the idea that "final events" will happen in or to Israel, but there is really weak evidence for that, as scripture seems more inclined to denote same as happening to the entire world. (see Rev 3:10, etc) Also Paul says "not all who are Israel, are of Israel." The prophecy of this topic is doomed to failure as it has already been happening for years anyway

JoeMo
13 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Further, in order for the "prophecy" to happen that is the OP of this topic, and for Israel to have to undergo an attack from "the north," one would have to ascribe to  the idea that "final events" will happen in or to Israel, but there is really weak evidence for that, as scripture seems more inclined to denote same as happening to the entire world. (see Rev 3:10, etc)

Almost the entire Bible is written by Israelites, for Israelites, and about Israel.  The term "world" does not necessarily mean the entire planet.  For example:

"And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed." (Luke 2:1)"

No way he could tax the whole world - just the Roman Empire.

That being said, end-time events will have a catastrophic effect of the entire planet economically and, ecologically, resulting in drastically reducing the planet's population.  But the Middle East will be ground zero.

The Wanderer
11 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Almost the entire Bible is written by Israelites, for Israelites, and about Israel.  The term "world" does not necessarily mean the entire planet.  For example:

The Bible was written for everyone. Not sure how you could think other wise. How else could we say "thy word is a lamp unto my feet," without lying and claiming falsehood as truth?

JoeMo
5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

The Bible was written for everyone. Not sure how you could think other wise. How else could we say "thy word is a lamp unto my feet," without lying and claiming falsehood as truth?

The Bible has only been available to "everyone" for maybe 300 out of 4,000 years. and by "everyone", I mean about 50% of the world's population.  In many places in other parts of the world, you can be imprisoned or executed for even owning a Bible.  Furthermore, the person who said "thy word is a lamp unto my feet" was an avid believer; not just some random person.  The Bible only documents the history (past and future) of Israel (ethnic and spiritual) with a few snippets about the surrounding nations.

Sure, the Bible is available to "everyone"; but how many people believe it is the inspired word of God instead of just a great piece of ancient literature?  How many people who read it interpret it correctly?  The Bible only becomes a valid spiritual guide for those who believe it and follow it with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

So yes, anyone who has access to a Bible can read it; but it's wisdom is only perceived by believers.  Praying that the Jews will one day accept the WHOLE Bible.

B/W Photodude
8 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Almost the entire Bible is written by Israelites, for Israelites, and about Israel.  The term "world" does not necessarily mean the entire planet. 

All of the followers of Jesus are spiritual children of Abraham. The whole world is potentially the spiritual children of Abraham. Therefore the Bible was written for the entire planet!

B/W Photodude
22 hours ago, JoeMo said:

That fight looks increasingly possible in the near future.  But you are correct - Iran would probably first attack Israel from the air.

Unless Israel destroys Iran first! The previous regime prohibited Israel from doing so. The current administration will probably allow it if Israel can present a strong enough case for it.

The Wanderer
3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Praying that the Jews will one day accept the WHOLE Bible. 

why would we do that if its "not for everybody? What would be the point of such "prayer?"

I am currently studying/exchanging notes with Jews who actually do "accept the whole Bible."  "believing" the whole Bible means nothing today when people who say they do have trouble with even one verse, such as "love one another."

The Wanderer
9 hours ago, JoeMo said:

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed." (Luke 2:1)"

The Bible tells us that the gospel is to be preached "to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people." Kinda leaves theories like this out where they belong. Left Field.

JoeMo
3 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Therefore the Bible was written for the entire planet!

2 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

The Bible tells us that the gospel is to be preached "to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people."

Okay.  I'll agree that the Bible is for everyone although it is not available to everyone.  However, I still can't help but think the Middle East will be ground zero as far as end-time prophecy is concerned.

The Wanderer
2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Okay.  I'll agree that the Bible is for everyone although it is not available to everyone.  However, I still can't help but think the Middle East will be ground zero as far as end-time prophecy is concerned.

IMO from my current understanding of prophecy, I dont see how it can be a prophecy applicable to anyone, if its not world-wide in scope. Texts such as Rev 13:10 and many others suggest that "ground zero" is the entire planet. I am aware there are large segments of Christianity that are into the Israel thing, in fact, related to that I had an interesting conversation with a Christian gentleman who embraced that idea, and I listened politely, until he started talking about the credit card idea, and the MOB. lol THEN, I said something, but remained polite, of course. He got a little nervous when I started talking about how that might be "one of the tools" of said beast power, but it wont be the literal "mark." I talked about 2 Tim 2:19 that explains (listen up Adventists) how the "seal" of God is as follows

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

Texts like this explain the whole reason why the seventh-day Sabbath will not be "the seal of God." As many texts tell us it is "a sign" and THAT sign" will be prominent, and non-optional in last day events, but the actual seal itself, is according to scripture. GOD KNOWS them that are His...

hch
On 5/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, The Wanderer said:

Still, none of the above that I have commented on really talks about Bible prophecy, except in the broadest, most general sense, such as Jesus saying there will be wars & rumors of wars.  Or the text in Daniel which tells us that God "setteteth up kings and removes them." (see Daniel 2

There is a tendency among some Christians to focus on general prophecies and play it safe, while ignoring or downplaying prophetic specifics. It is true that Jesus said that there will be "wars and rumors of war" a generalization that can be cited every  time a war flares up. But that is so general that anybody could have said that and be right.

But God also said through the prophet Isaiah that Cyrus would deliver His people. That specific statement sets God's foreknowledge above the rest of the pack.

Of course Jesus also gave some specific prophecies while he lived on earth, like the fall of Jerusalem. Christians that understood that prophecy lived when people who did not know of the prophecy or who did not heed the warning died. 

But it is sad that so many prefer the vague generalized prophecies and do not bother to study the ones that are more specific that are intended to bless folks like that of Jesus and Jerusalem.

hch
On 5/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, B/W Photodude said:

Unless Israel destroys Iran first! The previous regime prohibited Israel from doing so. The current administration will probably allow it if Israel can present a strong enough case for it.

Is there a Bible prophecy that foretells this scenario?

hch
On 5/15/2019 at 3:10 PM, The Wanderer said:

Its nothing to do with "fault-finding". We are trying to do fact checking here. You have stated over and over that "Babylon" was "King of The North", when it isnt and never was. It cant be because its physically EAST of Israel.

The "fault-finding" comment was a direct reply to GM who said that he "found fault" with my posts. And JM did the fact checking on your "fact filled" comment that Babylon was not the King of the North. I thank JM for giving the King of the North Bible text that shows that "over and over" people are claiming to disprove the truth that is not convenient for whatever reason.

It is unsettling when fault finders and fact checkers do not get it right. 

An old adage goes like this. A man heard something. He told everyone in town. When the man learned the truth. He confessed to the local priest, who instructed him to go through the town and place a feather on the doorstep at every home that he had told the story and return to the priest when he was done. When he returned, the priest told him to go back and gather all the feathers and bring them to him. That proved to be an impossible task.

I have tried to find and gather feathers on occasion. And I have felt like I was being tared and feathered at times by folks who just didn't think before they spoke. The hurtful comments were not disputing the facts, but the ones that came across like personal attacks.

B/W Photodude
On 5/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, hch said:

No more than there is a prophecy foretelling that Iran will attack US warships!

Gregory Matthews

HCH:  This section is a special place where we are allowing you to post material that we would not allow elsewhere.  As part of that posting, we have allowed you to make personal comments about other people that we would not have allowed you to make elsewhere.  Yes, we have also allowed personal comments about you to be posted here.

No, we have not given you total freedom and we have not given others total freedom.  But, so far., we have allowed you more freedom, as well as others.  

The bottom line is:  You can not post here, anything that you want to post, without giving others the freedom to respond as they wish to your posts. 

hch
On 5/18/2019 at 12:07 PM, The Wanderer said:

you have every reason to be upset when it gets personal. Happy Sabbath my friend. :)

I'm not really upset about those things.

It was time to let a little fresh air in, and to let the Sonlight drive away the self righteous unbelief that is trying to lull the 10 Virgins to sleep

And with Mr. Trump and Iran crying "Peace and safety ("I  don't want a war with Iran" … 'We are not preparing for war, we are just getting ready to defend ourselves in case the US keeps pushing us around.')

Que sera,sera

hch
22 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Ahh! Might this be the old straw man argument attempting to undo an inconvenient truth?

B/W Photodude
On 5/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, B/W Photodude said:

On 5/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, hch said:

23 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

1 hour ago, hch said:

Ahh! Might this be the old straw man argument attempting to undo an inconvenient truth?

You are not Al Gore, but you still are a false prophet!

hch
24 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

You are not Al Gore, but you still are a false prophet!

Do not let an inconvenient truth be your down falling.