Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Matthews

Pastors Do What?

Gregory Matthews

The following article considers what the functions of a SDA minister are:

https://spectrummagazine.org/article/2018/07/12/“functional”-analysis-adventist-ministry

I do not believe that the above article properly addresses the requirement that a person who holds the elected position of  President must be an Oredained Minister.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer
1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The following article considers what the functions of a SDA minister are:

https://spectrummagazine.org/article/2018/07/12/“functional”-analysis-adventist-ministry

I do not believe that the above article properly addresses the requirement that a person who holds the elected position of  President must be an Oredained Minister.

I dont even agree with the first sentence of the first paragraph; let alone anything else. "Spectrum" to me, is NOT an Adventist publication; it is purely an activist entity that likes to insinuate Adventist ideas into their "work."

JoeMo
6 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I dont even agree with the first sentence of the first paragraph; let alone anything else. "Spectrum" to me, is NOT an Adventist publication; it is purely an activist entity that likes to insinuate Adventist ideas into their "work."

If people are not allowed to question the activities of their God or religion, then IMHO that God or religion is being oppressive.  I agree that Spectrum is "activist", but so is "BarelyAdventist".  But shouldn't they (or us) be allowed to challenge some institutional standards?

The Wanderer
4 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

If people are not allowed to question the activities of their God or religion, then IMHO that God or religion is being oppressive.  I agree that Spectrum is "activist", but so is "BarelyAdventist".  But shouldn't they (or us) be allowed to challenge some institutional standards?

your question is a much different matter than the point I was making. I wont call something "Adventist" unless it actually is. Of course, questions can be asked; but lets be honest here, (Im not saying you are not). "Spectrum" has no apparent interest in merely asking questions for "clarification."