Kingdom of Adventistan
B/W Photodude

Trump/Wilson Derangement Syndrome

B/W Photodude

I have written before here at Adventistan regarding Wilson Derangement Syndrome and Trump Derangement Syndrome of which some members of this forum are sadly afflicted by this predicament. I also find the two in some ways to be astonishingly parallel to the other. So, both men are presidents of a body of people, both are in positions where it is their job to enforce the rules or laws of their respective organizations, and the losers in both situations are beside themselves in the way of attempting to block their respective agendas which is their duty to perform.

Sadly, this behavior against Trump & Wilson has even gone on here at Adventistan. Trump is repeatedly called a liar and a racist with no evidence of just what he is doing wrong, just name calling. Strangely enough, one such name caller of fellow Christians claims to have special knowledge of the name of God! Supporters of Trump are also called racists. Sources that might be used to support Trump and/or Wilson are disparaged as if CNN or NBCNews is the only reliable truthful source of info in the world.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 1.20.31 PM.jpg

Given that Trump was criticized strongly here at Adventistan over the McCain funeral issues, no one really considers the history between these two men. Perhaps no one remembers McCain's part in the Steele dossier (paid for by the Clinton campaign) which has been largely discredited except by the kool-aid drinkers.

Given that a prior thread had an article from Spectrum, it would also be good to consider another SDA article from Fulcrum7

http://www.fulcrum7.com/news/2018/8/31/george-knight-succumbs-to-wilson-derangement-syndrome

Note also that the left started piling on Trump long before the election and to their horror, he won!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Oczyk6nCw

I do have a sense that when everyone believed that Trump had "zero" chance of winning and still won, something beyond the control of humans was at work. It would not be the first time that divine intervention occurred in the politics of the United States.

While I am not really concerned about the future of President Trump, it is with a certain satisfaction that should he actually become out of office, the left will have to deal with someone even more conservative than Donald Trump! Some Democrats are beginning too realize that they should just shut up and concentrate on 2020. 

I really do not seriously think it matters much anymore and should not to Christians. Christians should be more concerned about saving people from this world rather than trying to save this world to live here longer. But then some are happy here. 

The following are a few quotes from Ellot Waggoner given at the 1897 General Conference session of the Seventh-day Adventist church:

How much of an idea can a man have of the dignity of his position as a prince of God, an heir of God, and joint-heir with Christ, sharing what Christ has of the world to come, sitting with Christ in heavenly places, if he spends time digging around in the muck-heap of the politics of the world.

Some people think that Christians are the ones best qualified to rule in this world, but they are just the ones who are not. This world does not pertain to them, and they should leave the government of it to those to whom it pertains - to those who are of it. God has not given us any citizenship here; he has not given us anything to do with this world, except to get out of it, and take as many people along with us as we can: because it is a sinking ship, and going to perdition, and we are safe here only while we are saving or helping somebody else out.

Take the theory that Christians are the people above all others that have the right to rule in this world, because they are the only ones that are fit to rule. But they are the only ones that have no right to rule in this world. They have nothing to do with it. To them is given the world to come. O, let us not be selfish; when God has given to us the world to come, let us not try to rob the people of this world of all the comfort they can get out of it. Do not rob them of it; it is not fair. Instead of Christians being the only ones who are to rule this world, they are the ones who are to keep their hands off. Let those rule it to whom it pertains. To God’s people pertains the world to come. Then what have we to do? - Our part is to get away from this world, and to gather into our arms as many poor souls as we can get, and take them along.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

JoeMo
On 9/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, B/W Photodude said:

I really do not seriously think it matters much anymore and should not to Christians. Christians should be more concerned about saving people from this world rather than trying to save this world to live here longer.

Well said! I agree wholeheartedly.  As Christians, we report to one King - the Lord Jesus Christ.  Nonetheless, scripture commands us to respect our leaders.  Trump is far from perfect (so am I); but he is doing his best to improve the condition of this country is spite of the insane opposition he faces at every front! look at the antics of the Democrats at the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings!  They make Trump look like a docile kitten and the pillar of sanity.

JoeMo
3 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

IF thats what they make him look like, then I want whatever they are smoking.

It will be available legally across Canada by the end of October! :nana:

JoeMo
On 9/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, B/W Photodude said:

Strangely enough, one such name caller of fellow Christians claims to have special knowledge of the name of God! Supporters of Trump are also called racists. Sources that might be used to support Trump and/or Wilson are disparaged as if CNN or NBCNews is the only reliable truthful source of info in the world.

I have some advice for those who are unforgiving of events that happened in Trump's life 10 - 20 years ago:

"“Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone" (John 8:7)

I dare anyone to look back on the last 20 years of their lives and say "there is nothing out there that I am not ashamed or mortified of having done".  Call me jaded, but in the past 20 years of my life I have done some things that I pray never go public.  That alone would stop me from running for office.

I hope that those Trump haters realize that if Trump is impeached or otherwise removed from office prior to his term ending, someone even more conservative than him and definitely more religious/spiritual will become President.

B/W Photodude
5 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

I dare anyone to look back on the last 20 years of their lives and say "there is nothing out there that I am not ashamed or mortified of having done".  Call me jaded, but in the past 20 years of my life I have done some things that I pray never go public.  That alone would stop me from running for office.

A good but not really acceptable reason to go to heaven is so that those sins/things you hope never become public become buried in the bottom of the sea not to be mentioned again. Unfortunately, for the lost, everything will be very public in heaven.

Trump may have done things in the past, but being given an awesome responsibility as has been given to Trump makes one a bit different. And he is doing what he campaigned and said he would do. But I still say that anyone under the firestorm of criticism as he has faced and like no one else in the history of the country has had to endure has to affect one. I guess a lot of swamp dwellers do not want to leave!

One very important concept listed in the New Testament is that of lawlessness. It now runs rampant both in the country and the church as those with no respect for the process for change and the inability to accept they didn't get their way now engage in the activities they do against Trump and Wilson. Unfortunately, it is easy the forget that heaven is watching intently.

CoAspen

Fear and loathing....never tell the truth!

For those who feel Trump is unjustly being 'chastized', they seem to forget his history of doing just that to others and even continues! He has created the environment  by his own mouth. Has nothing to do with 'haters', but to the fact we have a person in charge who believes the world revolves around him and if you don't like that then you are un-American. I agree with Mc Cain, America has always been great, we can't let those in charge tare it down with their devision rhetoric. I can see where it that appeals to some, especialy in certain religious circles, because they have always seen the world as 'us against them'. My way or the highway rhetoric, a rather sad site to see. 

JoeMo
17 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Keep in mind that I am Canadian when I ask - who is "Wilson?" :)

I think it is referring to Ted Wilson, the President of the General Conference of SDAs.

phkrause
10 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

I think it is referring to Ted Wilson, the President of the General Conference of SDAs.

They shouldn't even be in the same sentence, they are nothing alike, and that should be pretty obvious!!

JoeMo
2 minutes ago, phkrause said:

They shouldn't even be in the same sentence, they are nothing alike, and that should be pretty obvious!!

I wasn't trying to relate the two; I was simply answering a question.

phkrause
9 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

I wasn't trying to relate the two; I was simply answering a question.

I know you didn't and you were answering the Wanderer! By the way it wasn't you that put the two names in the same sentence, it was the OP title that seemed to be relating the two!

B/W Photodude
2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

2 hours ago, phkrause said:

In the original post, there is a link to a Fulcrum7 article regarding President Wilson of the SDA church. The intent of my post was NOT to compare Wilson to Trump, but to compare those who are fighting the both of them although, of course, they are two different groups and have different agendas.

B/W Photodude

From the quotes to some of the general principles, this thread had more to do with theology than world affairs.

Not sure why it had to be moved as it started in the theology forum.