Kingdom of Adventistan
Gregory Matthews

Europe Speaks Again

Gregory Matthews

Earlier, Photodude posted in # 1 below and The Wanderer posted in #2:

Yes, I have a bias.  Yes my posts reflect a bias in one direction.  Contrary to what you might think, my bias reflects a more moderate, middle of the road, so to speak. approach to Adventism.  It actually does not reflect a very liberal branch of Adventism.  "But, that could be argued.

In any case,  get used to it.  I post items that I believe are news worthy.  I will continue to do so.  No one has to read them.   I do not expect that everyone will want to read everything that I cite.

Just a thought. While you may not want to lead the discussion, you do by the source of the articles you post. They mostly seem to come from liberal (left wing) Adventist sites. There does seems to be a bit of bias in the discussions you wish to create.

I agree; its not like I am the only one that has noticed. I just said what many others are thinking. It is NOT really right or fair to use Moderator privilege here to pepper us with liberal propoganda.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer
3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

In any case,  get used to it.

This is exactly why I said above "the split has already happened". WOE proponents do not even want a discussion; they will and are quite literally forcing the issue; and they dont care what others think. YOU will have to get used to people saying something about it.

Gregory Matthews

The Wanderer:   Exactly.  The discussion will continue.  Both sides will participate in it continuing to be an issue.  This is only the beginning.

The Wanderer
On 10/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, B/W Photodude said:

So, it seems that the compliance issue was voted on and the results are ... holding my breath!

The vote passed 185 to 124. We now have a committee selected by Ted Wilson that can police the church from top to bottom.

May you all be obedient, compliant Adventists.

https://atoday.org/the-past-with-a-future-day-1-afternoon-report/

I guess it was necessary to throw in that last little bit about being obedient compliant Adventists. We will just over look the fact that it was a resounding affirmative vote at the GC, because we all know that it is just a group at GC doing all of this.

This whole situation is very concerning, and while I do not like to attach current events to prophecies, it is just so much like those prophecies of fearing the church would fail, but would stand strong. Unfortunately, the same prophecies include large numbers of members defecting from the church and many other end time events. But I will just keep watching. 

We  are living in a time when every wind of doctrine is blowing, and when those who think they stand are liable to fall. We are living in a time when Satan is striving to implant seeds of skepticism and infidelity in every mind. We are living in a time when error is taught so insidiously that the faith of many is being rapidly undermined.  {Canadian Union Messenger, September 3, 1907 par. 16}

Edited by The Wanderer

The Wanderer
13 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

This is only the beginning.

I would definitely challenge this thought. As far as I can see; it "began" atleast 25 years ago. This fight, [not discussion] is nothing new. Same thing under varying guises. Power is what power does.

The Wanderer
13 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

This is only the beginning.

18 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

In any case,  get used to it.

You call this "discussion?"

B/W Photodude
10 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

We  are living in a time when every wind of doctrine is blowing, and when those who think they stand are liable to fall. We are living in a time when Satan is striving to implant seeds of skepticism and infidelity in every mind. We are living in a time when error is taught so insidiously that the faith of many is being rapidly undermined.  {Canadian Union Messenger, September 3, 1907 par. 16}

That was written over one hundred years ago. So, has Satan succeeded?

The Wanderer
1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

That was written over one hundred years ago. So, has Satan succeeded?

Of course he has! The split has already happened!