Kingdom of Adventistan
Gregory Matthews

The Little Horn--More

stinsonmarri
20 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I am finding your views as expressed on this very confusing. That doesnt need to mean they actually are confusing; just means that I find it confusing.

First of all what is it that is "very clear" about the symbolic language and types used in the Bible passage regarding "unclean frogs?" And other related topics.

Rev 16 does not seem to me to be saying this battle re the "unclean spirits working miracles," takes place at the same time as the second coming. Can you explain how you get that from Rev 16? I am not able to figure it. Thank you in advance for your effort. :)

Thank you kindly for asking. Let us look at the whole Chapter; it begins with these seven vials or plagues they poured on the earth. However, the fifth angel vial with the plagues was specific on the kingdom of the beast. If the beast has a kingdom, that means all the wicked on the earth is not a part of his kingdom. We are not dealing with the righteous saints; they like Elijah are taking care of! 2 Thes Chapter 2 and Rev 11: 8; Chapter 17 and 18 must be understood. The whore is seen riding the beast. Then the angel says, he will tell you the mystery of the woman and the beast that carries her. Why does everyone want to say they are the same? The Bible gives you two separate things the woman/whore and the beast that carries her! Then the angel says, the beast goes into perdition or destruction. Do you see where it says the same thing about the woman? Now, when the beast itself comes into power at this period of Appointed Time, the 10 horns have no kingdoms or power. However, they will only one hour with the beast! They give their mind and power over to the beast. Then, they and the beast will make war with the Lamb. That takes place in Rev Chapter 19!

Not one time did you read anything about the whore only the beast! Now, Rev 17:16, the angel now says, the ten horns will hate the whore, make her naked and eat her flesh; then burned her with fire! We continue to read that it is YAHWEH'S Will for these 10 horns to give their kingdom to the beast so that the Word of YAHWEH is fulfilled. Finally, the angel tells John, who the whore has become, the great city, which ruled over the kings of the earth! Now this great city in 11:8 is also called Sodom and Egypt, but to identify who it is we know it is where YAHSHUA was killed. That means it is Jerusalem and the woman still control only this great city; while the beast has the kingdom of the 10 horns or rulers of the earth! 

Now, briefly, Chapter 18 deals with the great city and we know it is Jerusalem because of what the angel tells John. If there were one verse that proves who this city is, it would be verse 20. Why would the angel tell the apostles and prophets to rejoice? When did ancient Babylon at any time kill apostles or prophets of YAHWEH? The apostles came after Babylon was destroyed centuries ago! Go to the OT and you will found that the prophets were killed by YAHWEH'S own people in Jerusalem who rebel. Many apostles were killed by the Pharisees as well. They are the ones who turned Paul over to Rome. They did the same thing to YAHSHUA! Therefore, the Queen who fornicated with the kings of the earth will be destroyed by them. Read the Chapter it is clear. Let us make it clear, what the mark or symbol is that points to Jerusalem's fate. It is when Trump moved the embassy to Israel, which made it clear it was once YAHWEH’S holy city. It was never Islam, nor did YAHWEH accept Islam. Jerusalem has become Catholic go and see for yourself. They own and control everything! The final abomination is when the temple is rebuilt; this will oppose THE MOST HOLY in Heaven, YAHSHUA PRIESTHOOD, and our MEDIATOR and the Heavenly Sanctuary. Before judgment is bought on her, there are saints and they are giving the warning to leave. This prophecy has been fulfilled, each time she has fallen. This is the third and final time.

Those frogs and unclean spirits will take place before YAHSHUA comes. However, between the 6th and the 7th vial, HE is preparing to come. One hour is two literal months, and during the hour, which is when probation had closed. It closed once the great multitude were sealed. Once the 3 1/2 years are completed, there is no more salvation. That is when the two months begin. Appointed Time for Babylon to be destroyed (the battle of Armageddon) by the beast, the false prophet and the 10 horns or kings of the earth. The passage during the Appointed Time of Armageddon was a just reminder that quietly YAHSHUA is preparing to come like a thief. Listen, the beast is preparing to make war with THE LAMB! Satan knows and is getting his troops ready. He just has to remove the Queen or Jerusalem/Babylon. Look, Satan wants to destroy the once holy city it is his triumph. He has taken the city whose once belong to THE FATHER and HIS people. See we forget, this thing is not just an earthly fight it between Satan and THE MOST HIGH and HIS SON! Satan wants everyone to see him openly oppose everything that has to deal with worshipping THE FATHER! Yet, he too does not see that it is the Will of THE FATHER! Hate will keep you from seeing the whole truth!!!!!

I hope this helps!☺️

Blessings!

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

hch
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:56 PM, stinsonmarri said:

The Bible makes it very clear about the last two battles that take place. ...

Blessings!

For clarification the statement credited to me above to which Marri replied was not mine. I was replying to:

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, phkrause said:

My belief is that Armageddon is a spiritual battle between God and his angels and Satan and his angels!! Good vs Evil. Not a literal war between people!!

stinsonmarri
1 hour ago, hch said:

For clarification the statement credited to me above to which Marri replied was not mine. I was replying to:

My apologies, I did not do that I just did the quote and your name came up. I truly don't know why because it was phkrause that I quoted from?

hch
3 minutes ago, stinsonmarri said:

My apologies, I did not do that I just did the quote and your name came up. I truly don't know why because it was phkrause that I quoted from?

No need to apologize. I see that happen often here. The technology must be having difficulty. But it gave me an excuse to post something.  Hope you are enjoying the blessings of the Lord.

Christian regards

stinsonmarri
1 minute ago, hch said:

No need to apologize. I see that happen often here. The technology must be having difficulty. But it gave me an excuse to post something.  Hope you are enjoying the blessings of the Lord.

Christian regards

Thanks but I am glad that is has been corrected. No one should be misquoted. Thanks also for the encouragement.

Blessing on you as well!

stinsonmarri
On 1/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, The Wanderer said:

I was under the impression that this "supper" takes place after the second coming. How do you place this kind of timing for "final events? I dont see it in the text itself??

I copy the subtitle Rev 19: 6-10 from KJV of my Esword App! However, Matt Chapter 25, YAHSHUA says, HIS Kingdom is like five wise and five foolish virgins. Notice what the angel says at the midnight cry! "Behold THE BRIDEGROOM cometh." THE BRIDEGROOM is YAHSHUA and you know the story. But look at verse 10; while the five foolish were out buying oil, THE BRIDEGROOM came. Now, something interesting is stated! Instead of just the five wise, it said they that were ready, went in with the Bridegroom to the marriage. Let me pause for a minute, many believe that the church is the Bride. I never read that anywhere in the NT, have you? What I have read are two verses, Rev 21:2, 9. Now, verse 9, one of the seven angels that had the seven vials, told John to come, he will show him the bride, THE LAMB'S wife. The angel then took John, to a high Mountain in Heaven and showed him Jerusalem. John saw it descending down from Heaven.

Let me explain, the saints are the guest to the wedding. When YAHSHUA first return, HE collects HIS guest, the saints! I going to provide these verses, which comes before YAHSHUA comes riding on a white horse.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of THE LAMB is come and HIS wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they, which are called unto the marriage supper of THE LAMB. And he saith unto me, these are the true sayings of El Shaddai. Rev 19:7-8

When the saints go to Heaven, they become the white linen/righteous of the bride for the marriage and after the marriage is the supper. Today we call it the reception! I believe that the unfallen worlds will be at this marriage and supper! So that is why I included the subtitle from my app. I thought it fit the purpose. What do you think now?☺️

On 1/12/2019 at 5:57 PM, The Wanderer said:

This "marriage supper" doesnt sound like a "war" to me!

The angel is telling John first about the saints who will be saved. He also, clearly open up to John what YAHSHUA first told them about THE BRIDEGROOM and the marriage in Matthew. Then he shows YAHSHUA coming to take care for the last time the beast and the false prophet. The Bible says that YAHSHUA, not as THE LAMB that only for those who are saved. HE comes to the wicked as THE FAITHFUL and TRUE in RIGHTEOUSNESS, to judge and makes war. Then the beast and his armies, who are the kings of the earth! Remember Jerusalem/Babylon, the queen is already destroyed with a nuclear weapon. While the city is burning, an angel takes a milestone and cast the city into the sea. Then says with violence the great city Babylon is no more! She was judge first before the seventh angel with the vial brings the plague of hail. Also, THE VOICE from Heaven declares it is done!

The beast and his armies are preparing for war; they are not ready to battle. YAHSHUA IS! There is a supper here too for the birds. Dan 7:11, 12, shows clearly that Daniel saw the beast taken and place in the Lake of fire. Then it says the rest of the earlier beast power and dominion was taken away. Those beasts are kingdoms, the 10 kingdoms with the beast both are people. These are the ones who have the mark of the beast. They are dead from the brightness of YAHSHUA and then the birds eat their flesh. They are not completely destroyed or burned yet! That will not happen until they receive their executive judgment with Satan and his evil angels.

So to recapitulate what I am presenting, let us go over it briefly again. Let us begin with the judgment of the whore/queen her daughters who fornicated with the kings of the earth. They now are in Jerusalem/Babylon and their judgment comes first. It comes before YAHSHUA comes. There are more in other Chapters, of important events that take place, while she is burning! The beast destroys her in the battle of Armageddon. Once the other events are completed, then the angel completely destroys her and cast her into the sea. Then, the beast and the kings of the earth prepare to battle with YAHSHUA, but before he is ready, he and the false prophet are taken. They are placed in the Lake of Fire and they are destroyed and judged. Lastly, the kings of the earth flesh are eaten by the birds. They died immediately when they see YAHSHUA! Finally, they will awake, to be judged with Satan and his evil angels. Three judgments represent, THE FATHER, THE SON and THE HOLY SPIRIT who ALL work together!

I hope and pray this is clear!

Blessings!☺️

The Wanderer
5 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Let me pause for a minute, many believe that the church is the Bride. I never read that anywhere in the NT, have you?

Rev 21:9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

The Bride is The Church; and The Lamb is the Bridegroom.

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: (John 3:29)

This comparison of the Church to a bride, and the typical use of the marriage tie as emblematic of the relation of Jehovah to His people, is taken over from the Old Testament (comp. Isa 54:5; Hos 2:19). The imagery continued to be used by the writers of the New Testament as peculiarly suitable to describe the relation between Christ and His Church (Eph 5:32; Rev 19:7; Rev 21:2; Rev 21:9; Mat 9:15; Mat 21:1; Mat 25:1, etc.)

stinsonmarri
16 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Rev 21:9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Wanderer: Respectfully you did not provide the next verse and this is what they both said:

And one of the seven cherubs came to me, he having the seven bowls being filled with the seven last plagues, and spoke with me, saying, Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of THE LAMB. And he carried me in spirit onto a great and high Mountain, and showed me the Great City, Holy Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from YAHWEH, Rev 21:9, 10 HRB

New Jerusalem is the bride and the saints are her white fine linen. I did not say this, the Bible does:

Let us rejoice and let us exult, and we will give glory to HIM, because the marriage of THE LAMB came, and HIS wife prepared herself. And it was given to her that she be clothed in fine linen, pure and bright; for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints. Rev 19:7, 8 HRB

I am sorry, but the Bible does not mention a church. The saints are the Adam's and all the faithful saints, who are the pure and bright fine linen of the bride. If you notice in Matthew, the story starts with 10 virgins. Five wise had their lamps ready with the extra oil. They were called to go out and meet HIM, THE BRIDEGROOM. But when HE came it did not say just the five went in; it said; "they." The reason this important is that the Bible cannot make mistakes. “They,” included all the dead saints from the Adam’s and those brought in by the five wise virgins during the Time of Trouble. Dan 12:1-3; Rev 7:9; 9:4

his comparison of the Church to a bride, and the typical use of the marriage tie as emblematic of the relation of Jehovah to His people, is taken over from the Old Testament (comp. Isa 54:5; Hos 2:19). The imagery continued to be used by the writers of the New Testament as peculiarly suitable to describe the relation between Christ and His Church (Eph 5:32; Rev 19:7; Rev 21:2; Rev 21:9; Mat 9:15; Mat 21:1; Mat 25:1, etc.)

I check each Scripture that you provided and I hope you will allow me to explain them.

There are three Hebrew words that have been translated into English as a husband. However, that is not exactly correct except one. The one with the asterisk is the correct one, and look how many times it is used.

H2860 Châthân: a relative by marriage- Total KJV occurrences: 25

*H376 'Iysh: husband, (certain, mortal) man-Total KJV occurrences:  2163

H1167 Ba'al: master, lord-Total KJV occurrences: 85

I also have to give you versions that provide the correct English context sentence applying the word.

Isa 54:5 :

For HE that made thee shall rule over thee, the Lord of hosts is his name: and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, shall be called the God of all the earth. DRB

YAHWEH use Hosea and his wife as an example. Hosea stood by her and help her to change. He was bind by his love and the contract with her. This is a form of YAHWEH endearment of keeping HIS Covenant.

And I will betroth thee unto ME  forever; yea, I will betroth thee unto ME in righteousness, and in judgment, and in loving-kindness, and in mercies. Hos 2:19 

Eph 5:32? 

Mat 9:15:

Jesus answered, "Do you expect the guests at a wedding party to be sad as long as the bridegroom is with them? Of course not! But the day will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast. GNB

Jesus replied, "Can wedding guests be sad while the groom is still with them? The time will come when the groom will be taken away from them. Then they will fast. GW

These were the guests that YAHSHUA was speaking of!

Mat 21:1?

Rev 19:7; Rev 21:2; Rev 21:9 is speaking about the New Jerusalem. You know we do the same thing to show an example. However; the bride is the City and the Bible made that clear.

Listen, the church had both the wheat and the tares. Whenever YAHSHUA talks about the wheat, the words used are the saints, the righteous or those found in the Book of Life. HE never used the word church, if you look up the word it will show that the word means assembly or congregation. The word church was not used in the original NT. This word was used after 1524, if you do not believe me, check it out for yourself. Now, again I am not saying that the word is sinful or anything like that. I am saying that the word was not used in YAHSHUA, Paul or John’s day! Please remember, I am just providing what it says and what it doesn't say☺️.

Blessings!

The Wanderer
18 minutes ago, stinsonmarri said:

Wanderer: Respectfully you did not provide the next verse and this is what they both said:

You shouldn't apologize until you do something wrong. :)

I appreciate your response but have no time or energy to give it the reply and details that it deserves. I will get back to this when I am able. :)

The Wanderer
4 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

New Jerusalem is the bride and the saints are her white fine linen. I did not say this, the Bible does:

Let us rejoice and let us exult, and we will give glory to HIM, because the marriage of THE LAMB came, and HIS wife prepared herself. And it was given to her that she be clothed in fine linen, pure and bright; for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints. Rev 19:7, 8 HRB

I am sorry, but the Bible does not mention a church.

If we look closer at Rev 19:7-8, we see clearly that scripture does NOT call the "white fine linen" the saints; but rather, it clearly says "the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints;" but it does NOT say this "linen" is the saints themselves. Only their actions are called "the fine white linen." And this is an important distinction.

The New Jerusalem: Is The Bride The Church?

Rev 21:10  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Sometimes people think that the Bible does not actually say the word church; and that that must mean these texts in the prophecy of Rev 22 are not in fact talking about “the Church. But it is not fair to the author's intended context to subvert all doctrine and beliefs to only one Bible translation, to the exclusion of all others. We can begin this study to explore what the Bible is talking about in its use of  the phrase of “the Bride.”

Traditionally, many faith backgrounds have called “the Bride” as being the same thing as “the Church,” and as of the time of writing for this article, I do not see anything from scripture that would refute this idea. There are at least two ways to read Scripture: 1) what does it say;? And 2); what does it mean? It is worth noting at this point that in Isa 65:17 the prophet here declares how that “the new heavens and the new Earth” would be “created” at the time of this prophecy involving Rev 21:9-10. This “new earth” depicted by Isaiah, is the same thing as “that great city” detailed for us some in Rev 21, and also previewed by Jeremiah. “The Holy Jerusalem” is the same as “new Jerusalem,” as we can see how the OT original “Jerusalem” definitely needed a bit of work before it could be seen as “new:”

Micah of Moresheth prophesied in the days of Hezekiah, king of Judah. And he spoke to all the people of Judah, saying, So says YAHWEH of Hosts: Zion shall be plowed like a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house like the high places of a forest. (Jer 26:18, HRB)

The “New Jerusalem” would obviously be just that, and as far as I know that kind of “new” will not be possible before the second coming of Jesus. “The New Jerusalem”, is intended to depict an ideal city, presented under various figures, types, or symbols that represent perfection—the perfection of purity, beauty, and joy. Further; its my current understanding that the “Tabernacle of God” is a figure, type, or symbol involving the concept of Jehovah as resident in the OT “Jewish Tabernacle.” The type or symbol of that temple as being “perfected" or "made new" is revealed in Rev 21:7, HRB:

The one overcoming will inherit all things, and I will be Elohim to him, and he will be the son to Me.” All believers in Christ will inherit “the earth made new; as Jesus also foretold in (Mat 5:5, 19:29, 2 Cor 5:17). Why would it be “wrong” to call “New Jerusalem” or “Tabernacle of God” the Church? Its called “Holy Jerusalem” in Rev 21:10 (HRB) and we can very much appreciate how John the Revelator has skillfully presented this “Holy Jerusalem” (after the “new” of 2 Cor 5:17 is accomplished) with all of the leading features in the surrounding texts for the idea of "Church":

1) the great and holy community that we read about in Rev 21 (HRB) will be one that draws it’s glory from God alone: (Rev 21:11, 23, Rev 22:5) As you mentioned; it’s blessings are not just for a few but are open to all; I am thinking of the text which tells us that it’s “gates” lie open to all 12 tribes of “the sons of Israel: (Rev 21:12-13)

and having a great and high wall, having twelve gates, and twelve cherubs at the gates and names having been inscribed, which are of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel.

From the east, three gates; from the north, three gates; from the south, three gates; and from the west, three gates.” (HRB)

A walled city in John's day was considered a place of security. There are three gates on each wall, east, north, south and west. They each have the name of one of the tribes of Israel which likely symbolizes God's success in bringing all of his chosen ones safely home. Inscribed on the gates were the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.... twelve foundation-stones, and on these were the twelve names of the twelve emissaries of the Lamb (compare Ephesians 2:20).

being built up on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Yahshua Messiah Himself being the cornerstone of the building,”

The twelve tribes of Israel are mentioned in the New Testament at Mat 19:28 and Luke 22:30, where the envoys are to judge them:

that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom; and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:30 HRB)

in Acts 26:7 “the twelve tribes are used as a synonym for the entire Jewish people; in James 1:1 in the greeting; and at Rev 7:4-8 the gates of the city shall be by the names of the tribes of Israel.

The prophet, Ezekiel had some great insights to this very topic:

three gates northward, the gate of Reuben, one; the gate of Judah, one; the gate of Levi, one.

And at the east side four thousand five hundred, and three gates: even the gate of Joseph, one; the gate of Benjamin, one; the gate of Dan, one.

And the south side, four thousand and five hundred measures, and three gates: the gate of Simeon, one; the gate of Issachar, one; the gate of Zebulun, one.

The west side, four thousand and five hundred, their gates three: the gate of Gad, one; the gate of Asher, one; the gate of Naphtali, one. (Ezekiel 48:31-34)

Further, Rev 21:14 offers us the following:

And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.” (compare Eph 2:20)

THIS shows us that “the twelve apostles” have their names in “the twelve foundations” of the “holy Jerusalem” and that this is what is being built up on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, “Yahshua Messiah Himself being the cornerstone of the building,”

THIS “Cornerstone” is what “the church” is built upon. You don't have to call it "church" if you dont want to; but it all means the same thing. This Cornerstone as we see in Ephesians 2 is in fact what the “New Jerusalem” is built upon. The “foundation” of “the apostles and prophets.” (not just the apostles; but also of "the prophets, meaning OT too). That is why its wrong to call the Catholic Church the “first Church.” God has been building His Church, with “The Cornerstone” since the beginning. Since "Adam." There is simply no reason in Scripture to not use the word “Church.” Looking at the whole picture viewpoint, its easy to see how it fits.

Out of the 100 plus cases in scripture where some versions use the word Church; one of the possible applications could be “whosename was called,” which, according to my understanding would be “built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets” (Eph 2:20), all of which do have specific names.

The universal church is composed of all who truly believe in Christ, but in the last days, a time of widespread apostasy, a remnant has been called out to keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. This remnant announces the arrival of the judgment hour, proclaims salvation through Christ, and heralds the approach of His second advent. This proclamation is symbolized by the three angels of Revelation 14; it coincides with the work of judgment in heaven and results in a work of repentance and reform on earth. Every believer is called to have a personal part in this worldwide witness.-Fundamental Beliefs, 13

stinsonmarri
On 1/14/2019 at 3:05 AM, The Wanderer said:

Wanderer: I will get back with you on this matter. 

Blessings!😊

The Wanderer
6 minutes ago, stinsonmarri said:

Wanderer: I will get back with you on this matter. 

Blessings!😊

No Hurry. Take your time. I will look forward to your response whenever you can manage.

The Wanderer
On 1/12/2019 at 4:25 PM, The Wanderer said:

Maybe we should just go with what the Mormons teach here:

Do we really NEED a specific identity for "the beast" or the mark thereof when the Bible clearly does not even give us one? What should we tell people who do not see any "value" in specifically identifying "the beast" or "the little horn" of Bible prophecy?

Here is another example of the kinds of things happening when one tries to pin "the beast down" to a specific person or organization: its a public post I saw on a face book page where they were refuting JWs Watchtower stuff:

What does the Wild Beast do to the "Harlot" that sits on top of it?

Soon the Watchtower will throw out the Governing Body. God will put it into their hearts to remove this Harlot...The prophecy concerning Jezebel applies to the Governing Body of the Watchtower Organization. (Rev 2:21) God gave them time to change but they are unwilling.
.The Wild Beast Watchtower will hate the Governing Body that sits over it. (Rev 17:16,17) (Pearl Doxsey has an article on who the symbolic "Ten Kings" are.)
The harlot's skirt will be lifted up to expose her shame...God will do this... (Jer 13:26,21,22) (Isa 47:11).
All of the wickedness of the Governing Body is going to be exposed. (Luke 8:17)
This "Harlot" says to herself "I sit as a Queen"...but she is in for a rude awakening:
(Rev 18:7) "Just as she glorified herself and lived in luxury, inflict on her just as much torture and misery. In her heart she says, 'I am a queen on a throne, not a widow. I will never see misery".

IS there a difference between this and what the Adventist Church does with "the beast of Revelations" and "identifying" very specifically what/who this beast is?

Is it enough to just know what kinds of things this "beast power" will be doing during the "time of the end?"

TrevorL

Greetings again The Wanderer,

15 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Is it enough to just know what kinds of things this "beast power" will be doing during the "time of the end?"

No, I suggest that it is important to identify the fourth beast and the little horn of Daniel 7. This fourth beast is the Roman Empire and the little horn is the Papacy. The Book of Revelation develops these. Many so-called Protestants will side with the Papacy when Christ returns.

Kind regards

Trevor

JoeMo

I think so.  While scripture doesn't specifically identify the Beasts or Harlot, it is pretty detailed about their character traits and actions.  We all can have our pet theories, but ... "By their fruits you shall know them."  I have my pet theories; but I'm pragmatic enough to realize they are just "my opinions" and not always "truth". (just most of the time).:rollingsmile:

The Wanderer

I should qualify the above post to state that I thought it illustrated very well just how easily one can just automatically start inserting someone's name into the texts on prophecy. It is purely to illustrate THAT point and not to throw insults at anyone.

TrevorL

Greetings again The Wanderer,

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I should qualify the above post to state that I thought it illustrated very well just how easily one can just automatically start inserting someone's name into the texts on prophecy. It is purely to illustrate THAT point and not to throw insults at anyone. 

Possibly if we ignore history and the details of the prophecy, then we could endorse your suggestion. I suggest that many also that have considered these prophecies have helped us to understand that the fourth beast is the Roman Empire and the little horn is the Papacy, including Isaac Newton and Uriah Smith. I could list numerous other commentators.  It is as if we have many helpers to almost complete a jigsaw puzzle, but then someone comes along and says, but that piece is missing, and another piece seems out of place, and he takes the almost complete jigsaw and empties it into the box, and says, let's start again.

Kind regards Trevor