Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
The Wanderer

Blood Moon

The Wanderer

Blood Moon from tonight! My first attempt! But now I have to wait till next year to try again and do it right! It was so cold out that I missed the eclipse, but this is a good first time!

Layer 0ww.jpg

"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars..." (Luke 21:25)

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer

When the final period of calamity hits the world, look up - your redemption is on the way.

“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

a. Signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity: This kind of total chaos and calamity is described in horrific detail in Revelation 6, 8-9, , 15-18. All this will culminate in the dramatic, spectacular return of Jesus, coming with His church to this earth.

b. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near: The things that will begin to happen are described in Luke 21:25-27. Jesus assures believers who are on the earth at that time to be ready, because the time of great tribulation they are experiencing will not last forever, but Jesus will return in glory soon.

No fiddling with dates and names will be needed.

Edited by The Wanderer

JoeMo

My wife also assigns deep spiritual meaning to last night's eclipse.  Being from a scientific background , I think it was simply a case of the earth coming between the sun and the moon.  Lunar and solar eclipses are just that - cases of one heavenly body blocking the view of another heavenly body.  They are easily predictable both forward and backward in time.

Now a "surprise" solar or lunar eclipse, or a solar eclipse that lasted all day and covered the entire Middle East would be a supernatural sign portending the immediate return of Jesus.

The eclipse last night got me interested in what EGW had to say about the day of darkness, the great earthquake, and the starts falling.  So I read part of "Great Controversy".

My first (and most general) concern about these events is that they did not occur in the Middle East.  The Bible was written about the people of the Middle East for People of the Middle East by people from the Middle East; so I would assume that the events prophesied would happen in the Middle East.  The 1755 Lisbon earthquake, although absolutle devastating, was a little jiggle compared to the earthquake described in scripture.

The "dark day" of May 19, 1780 was a localized event limited to New England and the North Atlantic Seaboard.  The dark day of scripture appears to be a universal event which immediately precedes Christ's Coming.  The Nov. 13, 1833 meteor shower, although amazing, was not the starts falling and the heavens rolling like a scroll.  It was only visible to those who were right under it.  It wasn't visible in the southern hemisphere or Middle East (It was daytime in the Middle East when the meteor shower happened at 2 am over New England).

I may be wrong, but it just seems to me that these events happened way too soon to portend the Coming of Christ to us - probably the last generation - and that they did not occur anywhere near Israel; the prime focus of God's prophecies.

Gregory Matthews

For information as to what a blood mon is see:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/super-blood-moon-eclipse-make-appearance-jan-21/story?id=60334755

Additional information on the Earth and its moon:, all from the writings of Dr. Alex Filippenko, and stated in my words:

*  Due to action of the moon, the length of the Earth day increases about one (1) second each 100,000 years.

*  The distance between the Earth and its moon increases by about 3.8 centimeters ( a bit more than one inch) each year.

*  The moon does not have an eternal dark side.  Each part of the  moon has almost 15 days of daylight and 15 days of darkness.  We just can not see some parts of the moon.

*  Under daylight the temperature of that portion of the moon may reach  130 degrees C and at night plunge to -110 degrees C.

*  The gravitational force on the surface of the moon is about 1/6 of that on the Earth. 

The Wanderer

I got to watch the whole thing for about 45 minutes till it turned totally red, and started fading again. It was an amazing sight!

thx4mercy

So where are the pictures?!!  Sorry, forgot that I was at the bottom of the page.

JoeMo
5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

I got to watch the whole thing for about 45 minutes till it turned totally red, and started fading again. It was an amazing sight!

It was amazing here in Denver as well.  It was one of the few lunar eclipses I have been able to stay awake for,  It was full here from about 9:45 - almost 11 pm.  Crystal clear skies.

B/W Photodude
10 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

*  The distance between the Earth and its moon increases by about 3.8 centimeters ( a bit more than one inch) each year.

Between lunar perigee and apogee there can be as much as 26,000 miles of difference from earth to moon. Not sure how they could say the distance changes by 3.8 centimeters a year! Sometimes I am not too sure about some of the numbers astronomers throw out there. A day be longer by 1 second every 100,000 years?! That would only be about .16 second longer of a day since creation. Who knows what the flood did to that! And the long day of battle by the children of Israel and the reversal of the shadow for King Hezekiah also must have really messed with it!

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/lunar-perigee-apogee.html

B/W Photodude
23 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Blood Moon from tonight! My first attempt! But now I have to wait till next year to try again and do it right! It was so cold out that I missed the eclipse, but this is a good first time!

bologna.jpg