Kingdom of Adventistan
B/W Photodude

The downside of transgender practices

B/W Photodude

In a remarkable event, feminists teamed up with the Heritage Foundation to discuss the horrors of transgenderism among young girls and what is being done to minor children by the medical establishment and the current trends of thought in American society. It amazes me what this society will do in the realm of the sexual mutilation of babies and children, which often leads to scarred and destroyed lives. My other concern is that as the church entertains these ideas and supports some of the people doing it, what will be the results in the judgement day for church members so inclined to assist and participate in this movement.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/feminist-activists-expose-abuse-horrors-of-girls-harmed-by-transgender-medicalization.html

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Gregory Matthews

There is much that is not known related to the issue of transgender.  Regardless, I will say that being transgender is not  a happy situation for anyone who is transgender.

In my personal opinion, I do not even believe that we have a good understanding as to what a transgender person is.

I am reminded of the debate that exists in the U.S. today related to homosexuality.  Some define homosexuality on the basis of conduct, while others define it on the basis of gender preference.  There is a world of  difference between these two.  Under the definition related to conduct, one may change from homosexual to heterosexual.  Under the definition of gender preference,  one may change their conduct, but their gender preference is unlikely to be changed.

I will suggest that a similar situation may exist related to a transgender person.

I will suggest that there are problematic issues related to school children claiming to be transgender, which is  often simply a fad.

One of the issues is probably that of genetics.  In the area of homosexuality,  we have limited information available as to a genetic influence.  We are still in the learning stage on this issue.  I will suggest that in the area of transgender, we understand even less as to the genetic  influence.

We have probably been taught that there are genetically two types of humans. [NOTE:  We do know that this is NOT true for some other types of animal life.]  We believe that persons born with a XX genetic configuration are female and persons born with a XY configuration are male.  As it pertains to humans, all are either XX or XY.

In actual fact this is not   true.  We now know some people have some organs that genetically XX and other  organs that genetically XY.  [NOTE:  I am not referring to the external genitals.]  To illustrate with an example:  In some people it would be possible for a persons skin to be of one type, while that person's liver to be of another type.

I do not think, that we know how this   may effect a person being transgender.

In short, I believe that our knowledge as to what it means to be a transgender and therefore we should be cautious as to what      we say about such people.