Kingdom of Adventistan
B/W Photodude

Outrage

B/W Photodude

It really seems to be the way of life anymore to be outraged by something, even when it seems to be a moment for righteous indignation. Outrage seems to have infected all of life even down to our discussions here on Adventistan. So, in a psuedo-epiphanous moment, I was walking thru a book store and happened upon this book by Glenn Beck. I did not read the book or enquire into it's contents, but was struck by the title "Addicted to Outrage." 

outrage.jpg
This is not an advertisement for the book!

Look around that section of the bookstore it became very clear to me how true that title was. Author after author having written a book with one form of outrage after another filled the display racks.

So, being one who frequently (still am) is outraged about one thing or another, it really made me think. When can you be in righteous indignation? How is all the outrage about this cause or that not just part of the rapid growth of hatred throughout the world including the church world? How is this outrage not just another symptom of love gone cold from the world? How does all this fit into all of the symptoms of the endtime events? How do you remain an astute student of history and not get sucked into all the drama going on around you?

I would say that I have grown very weary of all these causes and look to disassociate my self from caring about them! Doesn't matter if it is another story about pastors who molest, church leaders who denigrate those who don't agree with them, the war of the sexes and the lack of regard for all the young men failing in the church, or any number of other causes.

So, given that Jesus cared very much all thru his ministry and still does, never seemed to have gotten caught up in political drama, but just did what he could for those he came into contact with. Probably many lessons to learn here.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer
1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

I would say that I have grown very weary of all these causes and look to disassociate my self from caring about them!

THAT is called "divide and conquer," strategy, and IF one does not detach as much as possible from it; they will be suctioned in with strength beyond their ability to control.

Jesus had it right by not getting caught up in it or letting it interfere with "the work" God had given Him to do.:

"My food," Jesus said to them, "is to obey the will of the one who sent me and to finish the work he gave me to do. (John 4:34, GNB)

cf Mat 4:4 regarding His "food"

The Wanderer
16 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

I would say that I have grown very weary of all these causes and look to disassociate my self from caring about them! Doesn't matter if it is another story about pastors who molest, church leaders who denigrate those who don't agree with them, the war of the sexes and the lack of regard for all the young men failing in the church, or any number of other causes.

This is my antidote to all THAT

Gail

There is a time for outrage. I would think that anyone with a heart will at some time or other be pricked at something.

My worry is the steady stream of news of evil may give us a higher dose of it than what we can safely endure. The Bible talks about what happens to men’s hearts when iniquity abounds (Matt. 24:12)

phkrause
1 hour ago, Gail said:

There is a time for outrage. I would think that anyone with a heart will at some time or other be pricked at something.

Made me think of this passage from king Solomon in Ecclesiastes 3:

A Time for Everything

1 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven - 
2 A time to give birth and a time to die; A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted. 
3 A time to kill and a time to heal; A time to tear down and a time to build up. 
4 A time to weep and a time to laugh; A time to mourn and a time to dance. 
5 A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones; A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing. 
6 A time to search and a time to give up as lost; A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. 
8 A time to love and a time to hate; A time for war and a time for peace. 
9 What profit is there to the worker from that in which he toils? 
10 I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.

JoeMo
19 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

How is this outrage not just another symptom of love gone cold from the world?

I think it is a sign of the end as predicted by scripture- along with countries calling evil good and good evil; and the ever-increasing persecution of Christians  and Jews everywhere in the world (including the U.S.).  As love and tolerance grow cold, hatred and violence and tyranny will continue to increase until the Lord comes.

thx4mercy
4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Nice!  Great pictures and loved the music.

Hard to just carry on, though, as things go on around us.  Today for church we had a guest speaker that is the same pastor who gave the "Adam and Steve" sermon years ago in California.

The Wanderer
1 hour ago, thx4mercy said:

Nice!  Great pictures and loved the music.

Hard to just carry on, though, as things go on around us.  Today for church we had a guest speaker that is the same pastor who gave the "Adam and Steve" sermon years ago in California.

see the topic I just started called Present Truth

rudywoofs (Pam)
On 2/8/2019 at 6:55 PM, B/W Photodude said:

I would say that I have grown very weary of all these causes and look to disassociate my self from caring about them!

Same here, mostly.  The only things that "outrage" me now are elder abuse, animal abuse, and child abuse.  And the outrage would escalate to critical proportions if it involves my family or friends.

The Wanderer
On 2/9/2019 at 12:36 PM, The Wanderer said:

OOPs! I am not friends with technology so instead of the big long story here is a posting of the correct link for the above video I posted above:

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,"

"in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (Col 1:13-14)

Creation as a part of God's general revelation, affirms certain facts about God. Nature testifies to God's existence. Paul wrote to the church at Rome.

What may be known of God is manifest in them for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse (Romans 1:19,20).

The many birds around my area have helped me to do just that:

Nature Acts as a Silent Preacher:

The material world is under God's control. The laws that govern all nature are obeyed by nature. Everything speaks and acts the will of the Creator. The clouds, the rain, the dew, the sunshine, the showers, the wind, the storm, all are under the supervision of God, and yield implicit obedience to him who employs them. The tiny spear of grass bursts its way through the earth, first the blade, then the ear, and then the full corn in the ear. The Lord uses these, His obedient servants, to do His will. The fruit is first seen in the bud, enclosing the future pear, peach, or apple, and the Lord develops these in their proper season, because they do not resist His working. They do not oppose the order of His arrangements. His works, as seen in the natural world, are not one half comprehended or appreciated. These silent preachers will teach human beings their lessons, if they will only be attentive hearers (Letter 131, 1897).  {6BC 1067.7}

We can respond to the out rage by "the things we have learned about Jesus..."