Kingdom of Adventistan
Rahab

important for men and women

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

phkrause

I agree I think eggs get a bad rap! I wouldn't go as far as saying that there the perfect food, but as anything else, moderation is the key. 

The Wanderer

Id be a little worried if I started laying eggs, but eating?? lol No. I dont see anything "wrong" with moderation there. In the topic I started called The Unfood Thing," I asked the question re white eggs vs brown eggs. Which is "better?" It can be quite entertainiing watching people fight over that one.

Rahab

don't forget the warning at the end about the aluminum in antiperspirants causing breast cancer...

very serious!!

The Wanderer
On 4/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, Rahab said:

alternatives?  just ask me

OK Im asking. Do you mean alternatives for eggs? I happen to be in the process of going vegetarian. Would be interested to know.  In the past, I tried some "fake cheese" and it really was like chewing on an old shoe. The dog wouldnt even eat it.

dgrimm60

RAHAB

thank you for  posting this  article====I  do  think that   both men  and  women  should be  concerned  about

what  they  eat===I do  not  drink  any  cows  milk===  only almond  or  coconut  milk===when I  eat  cheese===

it  is  dalya   brand  from  Kroger's===and  I  do not  eat  eggs  for the  most  part===only  if they   might be  in a  veggie

loaf  

dgrimm60

dgrimm60

THE  WANDERER

as for as  cheese  substitutes   have  you  tried   the  product   DALYA    you  can  buy it  at  Kroger's

you  also  might want  to  check  out  and see if  WAL MART  might   have  it

dgrimm60

Rahab
10 hours ago, Rahab said:

don't forget the warning at the end about the aluminum in antiperspirants causing breast cancer...

very serious!!

there are baking soda replacements

personally I use a product called piper wai...  comes in a roll-on too

women are only more susceptible because they shave... if men shave then they can get breast cancer too...and anything put on your skin can get inside so do be careful...  and the sprays can be inhaled and get into the lungs

Rahab
10 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

OK Im asking. Do you mean alternatives for eggs? I happen to be in the process of going vegetarian. Would be interested to know.  In the past, I tried some "fake cheese" and it really was like chewing on an old shoe. The dog wouldnt even eat it.

eggs 🐔🐣  ...it is the choline that is the main culprit here according to the research...  it feeds the cancer GAH

animal protein is also very bad as the china study they proved they could turn off cancer by removing animal protein and turn it on by adding it into the diet... milk protein was the model used in the study

alternatives.  there is a product called egg replacer that can be used as a binder in foods...  personally, I use oats as a binder for some things like veggie burgers, but then in other things like baked things, I use ground flax seed meal as a binder.  I like those better.

if you miss your scrambled eggs, I make a scrambled tofu dish that is very good and looks the same...  (organic and non gmo of course)

dalya cheese is okay as mentioned by dgrimm

there is a sliced 'cheez' called chao that I buy at Wal-Mart.  First time I bought it, my husband could not stop eating it.  teehee

I've tried all the homemade recipes and never liked them...  Chef Mark Anthony has some great recipes but I have not tried them yet.  I think you can find him on u tube and he does has a website if you want to search.  I just have NO TIME to do the experimenting like I'd like to do...

God bless All

JoeMo
On 4/14/2019 at 8:41 AM, Rahab said:

f you miss your scrambled eggs, I make a scrambled tofu dish that is very good and looks the same.

Scrambled tofu over toast remains one of my favorite breakfasts - especially when smothered with chopped green chile!

We also make an amazing tofu cheese cake.

In addition (for you meat lovers out there), frozen and defrosted tofu takes on a very chewy texture, and makes a great meat substitute in stir fry, pasta, soups and stews.  Like all things, tofu and other soy products must be eaten in moderation.

As far as aluminum in antiperspirants goes, I won't use an antiperspirant.  They all irritate my pits. I use a deodorant called Native.

JoeMo
On 4/14/2019 at 8:41 AM, Rahab said:

eggs 🐔🐣  ...it is the choline that is the main culprit here according to the research...  it feeds the cancer 

And yet choline is considered to be an essential nutrient!

Rahab
2 hours ago, JoeMo said:

And yet choline is considered to be an essential nutrient!

Yes, you are so right and here they are...  I do not however recommend the hybridized wheat... use an ancient grain if you can find one.

Vegan Food Sources of Choline

Vegan   Serving Choline (mg)

Almonds, dry roasted    1 ounce                7

Apples, raw, with skin    1 large      8

Bananas, raw     1 medium            12

Bread, whole wheat       1 slice    15

Broccoli, cooked               1 cup, chopped    63

Brussels sprouts, cooked              1 cup     63

Brown rice, cooked         1 cup     18

Chickpeas, cooked          1 cup     70

Dates, medjool 1              10

Flaxseed, ground             2 tablespoons    11

Lentils, cooked  1 cup     65

Oats, instant, fortified, plain       1 cup     17

Oranges, raw     1 large   16

Peanut butter, smooth 2 tablespoons    20

Peanuts               1 ounce                15

Potatoes, boiled, in skin                ½ cup    11

Quinoa, uncooked           ¼ cup    30

Soymilk, original and vanilla, unfortified 1 cup     57

Sunflower seeds, dried 1 ounce                15

Spaghetti, cooked, enriched       1 cup     13

Squash, summer, cooked             1 cup     9

Tofu, firm            ½ cup    35

Tomato sauce    1 cup     15

Wheat germ, toasted     2 tablespoons    25

The Wanderer
On 4/14/2019 at 8:29 AM, Rahab said:

anything put on your skin can get inside so do be careful...  and the sprays can be inhaled and get into the lungs

I agree re the sprays...but with lotions/creams, there are some which could be classed as "safe?" For eg, I have massive burn scars, I use pure lanolin. I think that type of thing is relatively safe?

Rahab
12 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

I agree re the sprays...but with lotions/creams, there are some which could be classed as "safe?" For eg, I have massive burn scars, I use pure lanolin. I think that type of thing is relatively safe?

each person must try and see what works for them the best...

beware however of this crystal stone as it naturally has high aluminum in it... they claim no aluminum but what they mean is no added aluminum...the stone is naturally loaded with aluminum

beware of other aluminum sources too like tums.... use digestive enzymes instead or a bit of lemon with your meals to avoid acid reflux

The Wanderer
4 minutes ago, Rahab said:

each person must try and see what works for them the best...

beware however of this crystal stone as it naturally has high aluminum in it... they claim no aluminum but what they mean is no added aluminum...the stone is naturally loaded with aluminum

beware of other aluminum sources too like tums.... use digestive enzymes instead or a bit of lemon with your meals to avoid acid reflux

aluminum is also known for causing dementia

JoeMo
15 hours ago, Rahab said:

beware of other aluminum sources too

Does this include stuff like cooking in aluminum pans; covering things with aluminum foil, drinking beverages out of aluminum cans, etc.?

As far as antiperspirants go, I think prohibiting sweat gland from performing their natural function is unnatural.  I won't use an antiperspirant period.  With good hygiene and a good diet, a natural deodorant works just fine for me.  So I get sweat marks under my arms sometimes.  I'm old; I don't care. 

Rahab
5 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Does this include stuff like cooking in aluminum pans; covering things with aluminum foil, drinking beverages out of aluminum cans, etc.?

As far as antiperspirants go, I think prohibiting sweat gland from performing their natural function is unnatural.  I won't use an antiperspirant period.  With good hygiene and a good diet, a natural deodorant works just fine for me.  So I get sweat marks under my arms sometimes.  I'm old; I don't care. 

Yes, I think we must be careful of any heavy metals that might get into our systems...  we can't prevent the heavy metals in the air getting into our lungs, soil, water, but we need to limit as much as possible any exposure.

Heavy metals are put into the jet fuel of supersonic jets to stabilize the fuel and this is always a risk.

If you need to use foil when baking something, first put a layer of parchment paper first and then follow up with the foil just so that no food touches the foil.

When that soda can is opened I'm sure that there is aluminum getting into your mouth and into the drink just by breaking the seal.  No doubt with phosphoric acid in those sodas some aluminum is getting into the soda pop.  Hard to measure and I've never found any research on this at all.  

JoeMo
4 hours ago, Rahab said:

Yes, I think we must be careful of any heavy metals that might get into our systems...  we can't prevent the heavy metals in the air getting into our lungs, soil, water, but we need to limit as much as possible any exposure.

Only one small problem here - aluminum is not a heavy metal.  In fact, it's the lightest stable metal there is.  That's why it is used so extensively in the automobile and aerospace industries - because it is so lightweight.

That does not negate the possibility that it is toxic.