Jump to content
Kingdom of Adventistan
GHansen

The likeness of sinful flesh

Recommended Posts

GHansen
1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

Jesus was sinless in our exact nature, we can be too. 

LGT/ Last Generation Theology. If you are going to quote me, it would be better if you did so in context so that your "quote" doesn't impute to me views that I don't hold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

The Wanderer
3 hours ago, GHansen said:

LGT/ Last Generation Theology. If you are going to quote me, it would be better if you did so in context so that your "quote" doesn't impute to me views that I don't hold.

thanks for the clarification re LGT. I think I asked a fair question and have no idea about "rules" saying how much we are supposed to quote, before we can be deemed as "in context." That doesnt make a lot of sense to me. All I wanted to do is ask about that phrase by positing a question that I THOUGHT might clarify who meant what. No need to see something that isnt there.Id still like to know what you meant by that phrase:

3 hours ago, GHansen said:

Jesus was sinless in our exact nature, we can be too. 

How did I quote this "out of context?" It loks like a complete sentence to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GHansen
7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

 

What does Jesus present to the Father as the Father asked "what are those wounds on thine hands?"

Perhaps you should discuss these things with your pastor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R. G. White
3 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

thanks for the clarification re LGT. I think I asked a fair question and have no idea about "rules" saying how much we are supposed to quote, before we can be deemed as "in context." That doesnt make a lot of sense to me. All I wanted to do is ask about that phrase by positing a question that I THOUGHT might clarify who meant what. No need to see something that isnt there.Id still like to know what you meant by that phrase:

How did I quote this "out of context?" It looks like a complete sentence to me.

" Jesus was sinless in our exact nature, we can be too. "

With the sentence that included this fragment (the word "if" at the beginning, or a semi-colon in place of the comma, would be required in order to make this a proper sentence), Brother Hansen was expressing his take on the thinking of his opponents, and how one doctrinal error supports another. He was NOT expressing his own thoughts, as one might have supposed by your quoting him on just this one sentence alone.

Ellen White foresaw a final generation of believers who, as a group, will be more fully sanctified than any group in history. However, supposing that this last generation will be holy in a way that no one has ever been before, or even that each individual will be more fully sanctified than any previous individual has ever been, would be entirely unwarranted. Indeed, it would inevitably lead to the very kind of fanaticism that she, in her ministry, was so keen to counteract.

If, in any way, we build ourselves up in self-righteousness -- which is exactly what the Last Generation Theology/Sinful Nature of Christ folks are obviously doing -- in the end it will come to nothing. Only God will be exalted in that Day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...