Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
phkrause

Leonard Bailey

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

B/W Photodude
18 minutes ago, phkrause said:

Loma Linda has lost two of their well known heart surgeons recently. Ellsworth Wareham also recently passed away. I worked NeuroICU (7200) at Loma Linda right around the corner from CVICU (7100). Did not know Dr Bailey, but did know who he was. Sorry to hear this.

dgrimm60

PHKRAUSE

he  will be  missed  by  his  family===friends===co workers===church  members

dgrimm60

Kevin H

How sad. On our first day of nursing school we had a tour of the medical center and on that tour got to watch Dr. Bailey performing open heart surgery on a 12 year old girl. And in nursing school got to spend a day with his pediatric heart transplant patients. I also got to meet him and his wife a few times. I remember her saying that both she and Leonard both happened to pose for illustrations for Uncle Arthur's bed time stories when they were children. (don't know which illustrations).  I am sad to hear the above news and also just learned that his wife died recently as well.