Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
james423

Lesson 8 - Season of Parenting

james423

Overall Question:   What are some important points made in this lesson about parenting?

Memory Text: Psalm 127:3 Contemporary English Version Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord.

Sunday – Childless Parenting

Genesis 18:11 New Living Translation Abraham and Sarah were both very old by this time, and Sarah was long past the age of having children.

Genesis 30:1 New Century Version When Rachel saw that she was not having children for Jacob, she envied her sister Leah. She said to Jacob, “Give me children, or I’ll die!”

1 Samuel 1:1-8 New English Translation There was a man from Ramathaim Zophim, from the hill country of Ephraim, whose name was Elkanah. He was the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephraimite. 2 He had two wives; the name of the first was Hannah and the name of the second was Peninnah. Now Peninnah had children, but Hannah was childless. 3 Year after year this man would go up from his city to worship and to sacrifice to the Lord of hosts at Shiloh. It was there that the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phineas, served as the Lord’s priests. 4 Whenever the day came for Elkanah to sacrifice, he used to give meat portions to his wife Peninnah and to all her sons and daughters. 5 But he would give a double portion to Hannah, because he especially loved her. Now the Lord had not enabled her to have children. 6 Her rival wife used to upset her and make her worry, for the Lord had not enabled her to have children. 7 Peninnah would behave this way year after year. Whenever Hannah went up to the Lord’s house, Peninnah would upset her so that she would weep and refuse to eat. 8 Finally her husband Elkanah said to her, “Hannah, why do you weep and not eat? Why are you so sad? Am I not better to you than ten sons?”

Luke 1:7 Good News Translation They had no children because Elizabeth could not have any, and she and Zechariah were both very old.

Monday – Single Parenting

Jeremiah 31:25 God’s Word Translation I will give those who are weary all they need. I will refresh everyone who is filled with sorrow.

Matthew 11:28 Contemporary English Version If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.

Jeremiah 29:11 Common English Bible I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope.

Jeremiah 32:27 Easy-to-Read Version “Jeremiah, I am the Lord. I am the God of every person on the earth. You know that nothing is impossible for me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Contemporary English Version 5 With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment. 6 Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow.

Isaiah 43:1-2 Modern English Version But now, thus says the Lord    who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine. 2 When you pass through waters, I will be with you. And through the rivers,   they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame kindle on you.

Tuesday – The Joy and Responsibility of Parenting

Psalm 127 New International Reader’s Version A song for those who go up to Jerusalem to worship the Lord. A psalm of Solomon.

1 If the Lord doesn’t build a house, the work of the builders is useless. If the Lord doesn’t watch over a city, it’s useless for those on guard duty to stand watch over it. 2 It’s useless for you to work from early morning until late at night just to get food to eat. God provides for those he loves even while they sleep. 3 Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from him. 4 Children who are born to people when they are young are like arrows in the hands of a soldier. 5 Blessed are those who have many children. They won’t be put to shame when they go up against their enemies in court.

Wednesday – Parenting as Disciple-Making

Genesis 18:18-19 Holman Christian Standard Bible 18 Abraham is to become a great and powerful nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through him. 19 For I have chosen him so that he will command his children and his house after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. This is how the Lord will fulfill to Abraham what He promised him.”

1 Samuel 3:10-14 Common English Bible 10 Then the Lord came and stood there, calling just as before, “Samuel, Samuel!” Samuel said, “Speak. Your servant is listening.” 11 The Lord said to Samuel, “I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of all who hear it tingle! 12 On that day, I will bring to pass against Eli everything I said about his household—every last bit of it! 13 I told him that I would punish his family forever because of the wrongdoing he knew about—how his sons were cursing God, but he wouldn’t stop them. 14 Because of that I swore about Eli’s household that his family’s wrongdoing will never be reconciled by sacrifice or by offering.”

Thursday – Fighting for Your Prodigal Child

Proverbs 22:6 Christian Standard Bible Start a youth out on his way; even when he grows old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY To every individual God has assigned a place in His great plan (Prophets and Kings, p. 536). God has equipped man with the capabilities needed to fill this special place. Therefore, the choice of a lifework should be in line with the natural bent.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.