Kingdom of Adventistan
Sign in to follow this  
Gregory Matthews

Notice to All

Gregory Matthews

We have reached the time in the life of this forum where we  often have more   un-identified people reading posts here than we have members.  A few minutes ago, when I checked, we had 20 such un-identified persons reading posts here and two (2) members.

Presently we have a commercial business reviewing the posts in this forum that provides, among other services, "online reputation management."  To put it simply, such a service is paid to discover negative statements that have been made on the Internet about a person, a product, or a business.  When such a negative statement is identified, this business is paid to take steps to nuteralize the negative statement.

Be aware.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.

Gregory Matthews

The following is a small part of the statement that this company makes in regard to  their "online reputation management."

We provide Brand Building & Brand Awareness, Customer Engagement and Brand Management. We Offer Values to your Customers. Online Reputation includes online monitoring, social media management, negative and positive review analysis, brand management strategies.

Gregory Matthews

Why is this firm visiting us and who is paying for it to do so:  We certainly do not know.  It did not tell us that it was visiting us.  I received a heads-up from one of our members who recognized it and sent me a message.  I looked into it and I have  reported it as I see it.

It should be noted that this firm provided a number of Internet services to the  firms that employ it.  I have only mentioned one of the services that it provides.  It does much more than just "online reputation management services."   So, as to why it is here, I have no idea. 

Personally, I am not aware of anything that we can do about it.  We exist as an Internet discussion forum.  As such I am not aware of our being able to do anything about this firm accessing our discussions.  

I have not identified the name of the firm as I do not consider that my doing such would add value to this discussion.  I am not convinced that knowing the name  would allow anyone to identify its activity in this forum.

For privacy reason, I am not going to identify the name of our member who alerted me to this issue.

Gregory Matthews

At the moment, knowing the name of this firm would not allow you to determine what it is doing in this forum.

JoeMo
23 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Thats not true. How would you know that?

Why would you think it's not true?  I'm not much of an expert on this kind of stuff, but if this firm is not posting or reacting, how CAN we know what they are looking at and what kind of data they may be collecting on some of us?  I don't imagine it would take someone as sophisticated as a sovereign nation to hack this site.  Call me paranoid; but just come I'm paranoid doesn't mean bad things aren't happening. 

B/W Photodude

One such firm seems to have entered an account here and has even put up their graphics. So, why are they allowed to remain here? Is there not a concern for another entity data mining here for whatever purpose they are doing?

Given that they created an account, this means they can even go thru the Natter Matters" forum, which seem to have been ostensibly for the purpose of having info kept to this site.

I do read without logging in sometimes on my iPhone, but is it not time to close the site to being read by those not logged in?

This could very well put a cloud over the site and discourage participation.

https://adventistan.com/forums/profile/9219-relyservices/

https://adventistan.com/forums/gallery/image/688-outsourcing-rely-servicesjpeg/

B/W Photodude
14 hours ago, phkrause said:

I noticed the "wanderers" name in a few other posts!! Anyone know what happen to him??

The Wanderer and I communicate off this site. He has left Adventistan. But he sent this message:

"I should have mentioned that the reason I have left the forum is not because I was asked to, its just something I felt I needed to do. Although I have had a number of unpleasant experiences there which were already making me rethink what I do online, I felt I needed to devote more time & energy to my studies in Linux certification, web design & photography. You can keep an eye on my developing web site skills at https://lightintheclouds.ca/

phkrause

Thanks for the info and tell Wanderer that he's missed and I will keep him and family in my prayers, and also I pray he does well in his endeavors!!

Gustave

Brand Image companies are fairly expensive to employ - as such it would likely be an entity that wants to better know how it's "brand" is being represented here and that would be due to individuals, not in anyway part of this forum, doing "searches" on the internet whereas the results of those searches are directing enough people to this forum as to garner significant attention. It could be due to a pending "advertising offer" OR an entity that may believe that it's brand is being misrepresented and is paying to mitigate it.